I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So got my dh's MDE all figured out. Those IT people are consistently fabulous! She got his AP back, his resort reservation back and all his FP's back and on our 1 hour convo with this sweet gal chatted about our love of DVC. She even tried to fix our Disney+. She wanted to help us so badly. I love her for it! In the end, she couldn't and expressed her frustration that no only had they 'broke' my dh's MDE but to be careful what they touch of this as they try to fix Disney+. She said make sure they know before they touch anything that we have a trip coming up soon with a resort reservation and FP's. She was so great.

I think, I guess...after the "high" of this awesome and lovely IT lady, my dh decides to try to tackle the Disney+ problem again. He initiates the chat. FIVE+ hours later, he gets someone. This guy proceeds to assure him he knows he can help....blah, blah, blah. I warned my dh but he had high expectations. He's an IT guy and has worked help desk many times. They go over and above and beyond to help the customer. But I tried to tell him, 'oh hey, hon, they aren't gonna try so hard.' SOOOO, the guy is like going through all the beginner level stuff and I'm saying "just wait, it's coming where he will try to blow you off". And my IT dh knows but he's optimistic about this situation. And the guy says that he has the answer!! The reason we've not been able to log in for 5 days is cause of "all the excitement' surrounding Disney+" and everyone is so "excited" about the "amazing content" and that we are just caught up in high traffic. Uhhh, ya......NO :rotfl2:My dh says "I don't think so, friend."DIsney+ guy keeps assuring dh that just wait a couple hours and all will be well. My dh is like, "no, my account is somehow locked." Guy says, "no, your account looks perfect. It's just high traffic". They went back and forth. My dh was so mad...

So here we are...still cannot log in to Disney+ . We will keep making free accounts for as long as we can. After than, maybe I will use the friend's account who offered to let me use hers. Thank you!! I'm completely shocked and saddened at Disney's complete lack of customer service.

But our FP's are good and everything else so trying to keep that positive in mind!
I had such high hopes as I started reading your post. :sad2:

At least your FP's are good, but how totally frustrating this must be. So sorry.

Orkney I’ve cream is my favorite ice cream ever! I could happily go back to Scotland every year.

Oh, I need to know more about this. Sometimes I feel like our trips abroad are really DH's taste testing and comparing ice creams of the world. :rotfl: In all seriousness, I would like to know more since I think DH would appreciate it if I added this into our tour. He loves the high fat Scandinavian ice creams he has tried over the years. My all time fave was the blood orange sorbet at Bertillon in Paris.

For anyone who has used the FHR or The Hotel Collection with your Amex card, do you get to use an Amex Offer stacked with the additional benefits for going through those booking channels? Say if there's a Waldorf Astoria Amex offer on your card, and you book through the FHR program and stay at a Waldorf Astoria, will you get the Amex Offer?

I had such high hopes as I started reading your post. :sad2:

At least your FP's are good, but how totally frustrating this must be. So sorry.
Yeah. I think we had high hopes too. The nerve of the guy to tell my dh that it's just 'all the excitement' surrounding Disney+ as to why we cannot log in for 5 days yet everyone else can...okay...yeah, I don't think so. Then he just kept pasting that same stupid response to try to get off the chat.

Basically, my dh says Disney knows exactly what the problem is but it's too complicated (expensive) to fix so they will string along the customers affected until they cancel.

For anyone who has used the FHR or The Hotel Collection with your Amex card, do you get to use an Amex Offer stacked with the additional benefits for going through those booking channels? Say if there's a Waldorf Astoria Amex offer on your card, and you book through the FHR program and stay at a Waldorf Astoria, will you get the Amex Offer?
I booked a Kimpton via The Hotel Collection. The charge was for AMEX Hotel Collection not Kimpton. The stay didn’t appear in my IHG account even though I provided my IHG number. I’d say it’s unlikely you’d get the offer due to it not being booked direct.

Dh was approved for the CIP last week. With everything going on lately we just applied and forgot about it. I called on Friday and heard it was approved. I hope it gets here quick bc I want to order a new Xmas tree from Balsam Hill and that will help meet the MSR much quicker.

In other random news- the parking garage at the hospital I’ve been going to codes as travel on the CSR. 👍🏻

DH and I are proud new owners of Biz Green while the AF is waived the 1st year. Using it to kill time until I apply for a CIP in Dec and the SW Biz for DH to complete his CP.

i need to contact DS’s school to see when the calendar for next year will be available. I found United Biz saver class seats home from SYD but they on 8/26 and I think that will be their first official day of school and they will have unofficial days before that if they mirror this year’s calendar.

Dh was approved for the CIP last week. With everything going on lately we just applied and forgot about it. I called on Friday and heard it was approved. I hope it gets here quick bc I want to order a new Xmas tree from Balsam Hill and that will help meet the MSR much quicker.

In other random news- the parking garage at the hospital I’ve been going to codes as travel on the CSR. 👍🏻
Hope your treatments are going well!

Balsam Hill has awesome trees! They were way over my budget when I replacing ourselves and opted to get a new one after Christmas for a steal from Home Depot.

Sigh. Feel like I've been Bonvoyed. Last night I booked the Sheraton Grand Seattle on points advance. It was 35k points. I want to use my Bonvoy Biz free night (when I get it in April). Today I see it's gone up to 40k.

Back to the drawing board....
My SPG Biz will likely be cancelled because of this. I had the same issue in Seattle with a Residence Inn and in Vancouver with Delta Suites. Makes my 35,000 point certificate pretty useless.

Yeah. I think we had high hopes too. The nerve of the guy to tell my dh that it's just 'all the excitement' surrounding Disney+ as to why we cannot log in for 5 days yet everyone else can...okay...yeah, I don't think so. Then he just kept pasting that same stupid response to try to get off the chat.

Basically, my dh says Disney knows exactly what the problem is but it's too complicated (expensive) to fix so they will string along the customers affected until they cancel.
Oh my, that is just not right. Especially if you signed up for 3 years! And what about his AP and other issues. I always had a different log in for my DVC account from my regular Disney account until they merged everything. I really preferred keeping the DVC separate.

So got my dh's MDE all figured out. Those IT people are consistently fabulous! She got his AP back, his resort reservation back and all his FP's back and on our 1 hour convo with this sweet gal chatted about our love of DVC. She even tried to fix our Disney+. She wanted to help us so badly. I love her for it! In the end, she couldn't and expressed her frustration that no only had they 'broke' my dh's MDE but to be careful what they touch of this as they try to fix Disney+. She said make sure they know before they touch anything that we have a trip coming up soon with a resort reservation and FP's. She was so great.

I think, I guess...after the "high" of this awesome and lovely IT lady, my dh decides to try to tackle the Disney+ problem again. He initiates the chat. FIVE+ hours later, he gets someone. This guy proceeds to assure him he knows he can help....blah, blah, blah. I warned my dh but he had high expectations. He's an IT guy and has worked help desk many times. They go over and above and beyond to help the customer. But I tried to tell him, 'oh hey, hon, they aren't gonna try so hard.' SOOOO, the guy is like going through all the beginner level stuff and I'm saying "just wait, it's coming where he will try to blow you off". And my IT dh knows but he's optimistic about this situation. And the guy says that he has the answer!! The reason we've not been able to log in for 5 days is cause of "all the excitement' surrounding Disney+" and everyone is so "excited" about the "amazing content" and that we are just caught up in high traffic. Uhhh, ya......NO :rotfl2:My dh says "I don't think so, friend."DIsney+ guy keeps assuring dh that just wait a couple hours and all will be well. My dh is like, "no, my account is somehow locked." Guy says, "no, your account looks perfect. It's just high traffic". They went back and forth. My dh was so mad...

So here we are...still cannot log in to Disney+ . We will keep making free accounts for as long as we can. After than, maybe I will use the friend's account who offered to let me use hers. Thank you!! I'm completely shocked and saddened at Disney's complete lack of customer service.

But our FP's are good and everything else so trying to keep that positive in mind!
Oh good, at least they fixed his passes. This is what scares me about Disney + . I really don’t want to touch it until I am back home Incase something goes wrong. I need my FP and ADRs in tact for the next few days. When I am back home I am going to change the email associated with my account because if I don’t do it now I am going to lose access to it soon and wouldn’t be able to change my PW on Disney + if I needed to.

I forgot to share this gem. They stood behind us for all of our pictures so they’re all effectively ruined 🙄

I hate people like that. Also, we had some super weird guy trying to hold his baby in our pictures in front of the castle one night... We were all standing there ready to take the pictures and the photographer says "hold on for a second" and is just standing there holding the camera. I turned around and there's a guy behind me just holding his baby up over our heads. I don't know if he thought he was funny or what. I yelled at him to get out of our picture and he looked pretty mad and stormed away.

If I'm understanding this right, you're saying:

10/04 ($80.00) balance on your card - did you have a refund, or make an overpayment?
10/25 statement closed with a credit balance: ($80.00)
11/01 $99 AF posted. Now your balance is sitting at $19.00 since $99-$80 = $19
11/22 $19 balance due

Is this correct?

Then what I expect will happen is that when your 11/22 statement closes, you'll receive your anniversary points. You pay your $19 balance due on 11/22. You wait for the RR points to show up on your RR account. Call to cancel the card before 12/1. $99 AF gets refunded, so now you'll have a credit balance: ($99.00) or maybe ($118.00) since you made the $19 payment toward the AF.

At that point you can call Chase to ask for a refund check.
That's it exactly! @SouthFayetteFan etc I'm sorry I was unclear) Ok so it looks like I need to pay the $19, and then get the 118.00 refunded - IDK why this made no sense to me this year..... Prob b/c yes, it was an $80 refund on on old purchase from earlier in the year sitting there that threw me off. Thank you all so MUCH for being patient with me (who should know this already)

That's it exactly! @SouthFayetteFan etc I'm sorry I was unclear) Ok so it looks like I need to pay the $19, and then get the 118.00 refunded - IDK why this made no sense to me this year..... Prob b/c yes, it was an $80 refund on on old purchase from earlier in the year sitting there that threw me off. Thank you all so MUCH for being patient with me (who should know this already)
Why would you get $118 refunded, it should be just the $99 AF correct?

Maybe something like this:

10/04 ($-80.00) balance on your card - did you have a refund, or make an overpayment?
10/25 statement closed with a credit balance: ($-80.00) This payment due date is 11/22 but you don't owe since it seems you have a credit.
11/01 $99 AF posted. Now your balance is sitting at $19.00 since $99-$80 = $19 Now you owe $19, however this is not on the previous statement, therefore not due 11/22
11/22 $19 balance due No payment due since statement closed with a credit to the acct.
11/25 statement will close with you owing the $19 remaining for AF, this being due 12/22 Your annual points should post shortly after this. You do not have to pay this, just leave it there.
12/01 Cancel before this date as I believe Chase is 30 days from AF posting in order to get a refund. You have a short window from statement close (which triggers your points) to your 30 days from AF posting.

Card should be closed, within a few days you should see a credit of $80 ($-80 is how it should look in your acct) because you paid $80 with your previous credit, you have $19 due, $99 AF was credited which covers that $19 due leaving you with $80 they owe you. You can ask them to move that credit to a different card or send you a check.

Your acct should show you the amount due from the previously closed statement. As long as you pay that by your due date, 11/22 in this case, you are fine as far as interest goes.
View attachment 453081
:thumbsup2

Last edited:
SO I see on DoC sams club/groupon offer...I also have a sams offer from amex, but it looks like I need to go thru the link to sign up...any way to combine these two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!