I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. It is really ridiculous! I'm frustrated and angry with them. And my kids are sad :(
Disney really should have rolled out the app early and let people log-in and iron out some of the wrinkles. I can't understand why we couldn't have the app installed with a basic countdown until the content loaded. Probably would have eased up the servers a bit.

Disney really should have rolled out the app early and let people log-in and iron out some of the wrinkles. I can't understand why we couldn't have the app installed with a basic countdown until the content loaded. Probably would have eased up the servers a bit.
EXACTLY! My dh was saying that as well even before it launched. Disney should have just let us log in. They could have shown trailers over and over or just had a home screen. Would have been a benefit for those of us who prepaid that we could have at least gotten through any IT issues ahead of time. And then Disney IT could just deal with the new signup people on launch day.

EXACTLY! My dh was saying that as well even before it launched. Disney should have just let us log in. They could have shown trailers over and over or just had a home screen. Would have been a benefit for those of us who prepaid that we could have at least gotten through any IT issues ahead of time. And then Disney IT could just deal with the new signup people on launch day.
I am so sorry you guys are stuck in the middle of all of this 😢

Thanks! We have never been to Orlando and this will open up more options for free airfare. The BA credit card bonus is one I might look into in the future just to take a break from Chase. So 17.5k is what BA considers the lowest fare for award booking to Hawaii and Orlando?

Yeah the 17.5 or less work. If you ever question whether it's an actual reward BA will be able to see you can use American Airlines award tool on their website. Once there, click the "Advanced/Multi-City Search" then input your info. Once you reach the calendar change the 'Number of stops" dropdown to "Nonstop only" and make sure you are looking for the "Economy MileSAAver" button. Their pricing will show 22.5 each way for the Alaska flights but if you see it in that spot you can book it for 12.5k Avios. The Orlando flights will show as 12.5K American when you search the same way.

The direct flights on Alaska to Orlando or Hawaii get $$$$ when paying cash so this is an excellent little sweet spot we have!!

Can I sign up for a Target Debit card without throwing a wrench in future CC plans? Probably wouldn’t use it a ton, but being red card holders has a few perks that would be nice from time to time. I definitely wouldn’t choose it in lieu of a CC SUB, so I want to make sure the debit won’t set me back in that regard.

Our BFF's have spent like 6+ hours on hold to get theirs fixed! He said their solution when he finally got through was Disney made him a dummy account to use for around a month until they get the real login situation sorted out.

Seriously. Why didn't Disney consult die hard fans like us?

It is really sad that Disney had no problem taking 3 years of your money, but isn't worried about delivering the content. I bet new sign-ups aren't having this issue.

Our BFF's have spent like 6+ hours on hold to get theirs fixed! He said their solution when he finally got through was Disney made him a dummy account to use for around a month until they get the real login situation sorted out.
WOW! This is the resolution? :confused3

Seriously. Why didn't Disney consult die hard fans like us?

It is really sad that Disney had no problem taking 3 years of your money, but isn't worried about delivering the content. I bet new sign-ups aren't having this issue.

WOW! This is the resolution? :confused3
correction, the total hold time between yesterday and today was over 12 hours. Sorry @wendow , you might have a few left :badpc:

Thanks! We have never been to Orlando and this will open up more options for free airfare. The BA credit card bonus is one I might look into in the future just to take a break from Chase. So 17.5k is what BA considers the lowest fare for award booking to Hawaii and Orlando?
Welcome to the thread! Glad to see you got some answers to your questions. I found this article to be helpful in determining if you can use BA Avios for Alaska or AA flights. The BA card is issued by Chase, so you wouldn't be taking any break from Chase with that card.

Last edited:
I've been on the chat hold for over 4 hours. It's been saying my wait time is less than a minute for over an hour.

I also can't do anything else on Disney's website and it's been wonky all day. I just tried to book a room and the online registration system is down apparently. Why can't Disney IT operate like the multi-billion dollar corporation they are apart of?? I'm just amazed at how much their stuff goes down. Heads would roll and new leadership would be hired at any other company.

Can I sign up for a Target Debit card without throwing a wrench in future CC plans? Probably wouldn’t use it a ton, but being red card holders has a few perks that would be nice from time to time. I definitely wouldn’t choose it in lieu of a CC SUB, so I want to make sure the debit won’t set me back in that regard.
Correct, won't affect CC plans.

you should be good! I’ve been researching this myself lately and am confident it won’t affect the CC game

@wendow I am so sorry you're having to deal with this nonsense. I am glad now that we didn't get the subscription. Perhaps we will re-evaluate in a month or so but that's just unacceptable.

So instead of staying in SD in January for 3 days as planned, we are now looking at an inexpensive 3 day cruise (still out of SD) on the Carnival Miracle. We're aware that the short Carnival Cruises are known as "booze cruises" but we did our "honeymoon" on an even older, smaller Carnival Ship during spring break (oops) and we didn't die, so we might do this instead. I had a hotel booked but honestly with the cost of the meals we would be getting in SD, the cruise is probably cheaper.

AND I have enough AA miles to fly out and back for "free"! So thats a nice bonus.

I'm just rolling along hoping I am putting enough spend on my Hilton Amex while trying to meet MSR on CIP and not get the dreaded pop up in a couple months when it's time to apply for the Aspire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!