I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who got the coupon from Target for the additional 5% off, what are you using it for? Mine expires in 2 days (I don't check the mail often) and I'm not really sure what the best use would be. Just regular weekly groceries?

On a flight back from SMF earlier this year, boarding went from the back and from the front. It was awesome! Dh and I walked outside, down steps, and up the movable stairs into the back of the plane. We were able to walk up to the really good exit row seats before anyone else got there. And we were like A59 and 60 lol
I'm going to have to send DH this story! lol

While I do like a reserved seat, Delta's boarding is chaos! Everyone in every boarding group crowds around waiting their turn, and it's always hard to hear whose turn it is to board and people push in when it's not their zone.

I find it's really easy in ATL-screens are now color coded for all those people who apparently CAN'T READ and in PNS I just get out a lot of latent hostility elbowing the gate lice. Hey folks, check your bags and you wouldn't have to hover!!! It's hard getting old and not being able to use my aggression and annoyance running any more 🤣 . I used to be much nicer...really...

Blech! I got a horrible southwest boarding number. B39. I guess I'm sitting in the middle.

Need help with some CP strategery here. I was able to get in on the 80k SW Performance. I applied last Friday, was approved on Tuesday, IM'd to have the card expedited, got it yesterday. All set! The thing is, I already have a little over 20K points towards the CP this year due to business travel. If I were to just barrel ahead and get the 80k SUB right now, I would be at 105K and just a stone's throw from the CP with a little more spend. Of course, I'd only have the CP for the remaining two months of 2019 and then 2020. I do have some travel coming up the end of this year and the beginning of next that I could use it on though.

If I wait and complete spend in January, the requirement will have gone up to 125k by then, and I'll only be able to get it by getting another SW card, which I don't really want or need other than to get the CP. I would of course have the CP an extra year this way. But I could also just work on getting it again in 2021 if I still want it.

I'm leaning towards barreling ahead right now. Thoughts?

Can I ask how you got your approval? I applied on 10/15 and still haven't got any type of approval or card.

Have you been calling the automated status line every day (or every 10 minutes if you're me)? 1-800-432-3117 #; 3; 1

What's that say?

Yes, still says its being reviewed and I'll be notified in writing in 7-10 business days. 11th card, 19 between both of us and I've never not been approved in like 24 hrs so I was confused lol.

My statement closed with 2 purchases plus my Staples order. My Staples $25 credited after closing. I paid the balance on the card, that being the purchases less the $25 credit. Why do I still have a remaining statement balance? Should I just pay another $25? I keep looking at numbers and I don't actually owe anything.

It's as if the $25 credit was taken into consideration for the Total Balance, but not the Remaining Statement Balance. Maybe I'm just having a blonde moment?

The statement balance was $25 but then the credit posted, effectively paying the bill for you, so your total balance is $0. I’m not even sure you can make a payment on a zero balance.
It gives me the option of paying the $25 or any amount. Previously I'm quite certain the credits lowered the number on the left, the Remaining Statement Balance, but this time it seems it didn't. The little info pop up says "adjusted for credits since your last statement closing", but it clearly wasn't altered. I guess I could put a purchase on there and pay it just in case. I've not put any charges on here since closing. I just want to make sure I'm not somehow charge any interest here.

Yes, still says its being reviewed and I'll be notified in writing in 7-10 business days. 11th card, 19 between both of us and I've never not been approved in like 24 hrs so I was confused lol.

Agreed with @punkin. Mine was at 30 days from the point I applied. And trust me, I checked often...

To answer your question above, I didn't do anything special other than what is recommended on all Chase business cards.

Here's a question for the United peeps: My status level is Silver through United's affiliation with Marriott. I do get bumped up to first class pretty regularly, which is awesome, but I am also very aware that it is not a guarantee and there are a lot of people with status that will have greater priority for those seats. I am heading to Orlando next week. I was thinking I could use my Amex airline credit to bump up to Economy Plus, as I understand it won't work to go up to First (right??). My question is, if I pay in advance to bump up to Economy Plus, does that affect my chances of getting bumped up to First at all?

7-10 days means likely denial. It sounds like you have a lot of cards, and you may not want a bank rep looking too deeply into your file for why you are being denied. Chase will send you a letter soon with the reason(s) for denial. It could be something simple like verification, or something more along the lines of too many recent accounts, inquiries, or sufficient credit extended.

I would actually suggest DON’T CALL THE BANK until you get this letter because it’ll give you a better idea why you’re being denied and if this is a denial that you can change to approval via reconsideration. Alternatively, it may be a situation where you didn’t sufficiently prep your profile prior to applying and that’s something you should do before you can try again in 31 days since your last app.

The temp job is going to switch when I get back from wdw to a 3rd dept for me. They have someone going on maternity leave sometime next month through sometime in Jan. So that means I can get another UR card :rolleyes1

My question is can I PC the CIP I got in July? And if I can should I do that before applying for whatever card I decide on?

For those of you who got the coupon from Target for the additional 5% off, what are you using it for? Mine expires in 2 days (I don't check the mail often) and I'm not really sure what the best use would be. Just regular weekly groceries?
We haven’t decided what to use ours on. We might get something for the nursery. When I did disney gcs it worked but it was 9.75% instead of 10% because it takes off 5% first and then 5% off that amount. It isn’t a huge deal but we have 10% at both staples and Lowe’s so I’d rather get the gcs there.

Here's a question for the United peeps: My status level is Silver through United's affiliation with Marriott. I do get bumped up to first class pretty regularly, which is awesome, but I am also very aware that it is not a guarantee and there are a lot of people with status that will have greater priority for those seats. I am heading to Orlando next week. I was thinking I could use my Amex airline credit to bump up to Economy Plus, as I understand it won't work to go up to First (right??). My question is, if I pay in advance to bump up to Economy Plus, does that affect my chances of getting bumped up to First at all?

I'm 1k on UA, and I only get upgraded less than 50% of the time, so you have been very lucky! For the question at hand, though, buying up to E+ has no (real) effect on upgrade priority, sorry! Status and ticket class are the main indicators; some corporate (and rumor has it CC) spend helps a bit, but that is pretty much negligible.

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Wednesday October 30 (1 week from yesterday).
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 4/13/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 6/6/20 (covering the remainder of spring break season as well as Memorial day but narrowly missing the beginning of "summer break" trips). I'll try to post an additional reminder next week.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times eastern).
- The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
- The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
- The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

Blech! I got a horrible southwest boarding number. B39. I guess I'm sitting in the middle.
Not necessarily! I've been that low and been fine. It depends on how many people are already on the plane traveling through though. If everything is full, pick a couple who took the aisle and window hoping for a free middle seat, good chance one of them will move if you would be between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!