I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2 Xfinity mobile phones. Changed from Virgin Mobile in March 2018. So far so good except I've chipped my phone. We've had no problem with the service. It runs on Verizon's towers.
I've been wondering how it works....the only thing holding me back is it's shared gigs...and DS tends to run thru gigs too fast,and then I'll have to pay more.....I barely use any -always on wifi or just turn on data when I need it- however the price is right.

Thanks! Airline miles cannot be transferred to airline miles. However you can use one airlines’s miles, like BA, to book a flight on one of their partner airlines. BA is part of the One World alliance as is AA. If AA is offering partner availability, which is generally a saver award not an anytime award, then that flight can be booked with a partner airline. You book on the website or by calling the airline whose miles you are using not the airline you are flying. Hope this helps.
good info:thumbsup2

My bankamericard was switched to the cash rewards card, but it was at my request. I wanted the 3% back for online shopping (5.25% with preferred rewards). It works especially well when combined with BoA offers.

Yeah, I've PC before at my request. What I think is odd is that they did this on their own, LOL. Is the online shopping, ANY online? Like Amazon?

Does anyone else have a hard time using up PTO at the same rate as their significant other? For example, DH and I are traveling Saturday - Sunday in January and also Friday-Monday of Labor Day weekend this year. Because of the way our work schedules fall, he will have 2 of his 10 vacation days left, while I will have 8 days left (which for me translates into two full weeks off!). If we take a Thurs- Sun trip that only uses up 1 of my days and 2 of his. What do other people do in this situation? Take vacations without your spouse, like a trendy celebrity does? Do staycations? Hoard vacation days?

Try being a teacher. Sure, we have summers off....but who wants to go to warm places when it's warm here. Anytime a teacher can travel, it's $$$. Add to it my ex was a CPA. There were quite a few times I travelled w/ my kids w/o the ex (since he was in tax season and it was my vaca time).

Yeah, I've PC before at my request. What I think is odd is that they did this on their own, LOL. Is the online shopping, ANY online? Like Amazon?
Online stores work for the online shopping category. I've found some other odd things that work, like my son's Minecraft server subscription. Also, Walmart in-store purchases work if you pay with the app and have the card linked there.

So here is another reason Barclays is cray cray... I wanted to pay the bill from my primary checking account. An electronic transfer won't work. It will take about a week to cut a physical check. No thanks... I will add the payment account directly through Bar "Cray Cray" and pay it that way. Really making me work for those JB points 🤣
If I'm remembering right, it was that way when I tried to pay my first JB Biz bill from my bank. But, I think the following payments went electronically.

A travel hacking DP and success story:

I am vying for Auntie of the year award from my niece. I’m her only aunt so I should have this in the bag. But one must make an effort for appearances sake.

My oldest niece told me she really wanted to see Beetlejuice and asked if I would find out when it was coming to Miami so she could start begging her mom to take her. She is obsessed with the musical and is dying to see it. I had the unfortunate task of informing her that it was only playing in New York. Unbeknownst to her I asked her mom and my brother if it was ok to take her to New York for a weekend to the the show as her Christmas present if I could swing it. They agreed it would be fine.

I saw that AA had saver award flights in first at 25k mikes one way to NYC which meant that I should be able to book them with BA Avios for less points since they are distance based so 16.5k miles one way. When I checked the BA site it said there was no availability in any class. That made no sense. I called BA and explained that I wasn’t seeing availability that should be there. The agent insisted that they could only book what was on the website and the availability would not be any different. So, if I didn’t see it there she couldn’t book it. I care more about getting what I want than about being right, so I changed tactics. I told her it was quite possible I was doing something wrong then and asked if she could check on a specific flight for me. She reluctantly agreed. I swear this woman was a right contentious (insert whatever expletive amuses you). Naturally of course, she was able to book the flights that were not on the website with Avios. So, it pays to call the airline when things don’t make sense online.

My next step in my Aunt of the year campaign was to find a hotel because sleeping on the street would not make a good impression. BonBlah to the rescue! I used two of my 35k FN certs at Townplace Suites in Times Square. They offer free breakfast too.

Last, I got us front row center seats! My DN has only been on a plane once. This will be her first flight up front in the boujee seats, her first visit to a lounge (Centurion) and she has never been to New York. I plan to make it as memorable as I can for her. I think lunch at Ellen’s Stardust diner is in order. No idea where to take her for dinner, suggestions are welcome.

I am planning to theme this Christmas gift to the nines and wrap it in back and white striped paper with green and purple bows. I’ll be checking Pinterest for creative ways to gift wrap a flight, hotel and Broadway show tickets.

How old is she? My daughter wants to see it too. Might be why she's lobbying to see her Aunt in NJ over Thanksgiving and beg to go into the city. Sugar is a "fun" spot she might want to go to instagram. Serendipity was a place my sister took us too that she might like (I think it's open still, LOL).

It happens, and it's not just BoA that does it. Recently Discover did it to a lot of folks with dormant cards, switched from an it to it Miles. American Express did it to me a couple years ago, I had a Blue for Students card still kicking (long after I was a student) but let it go dormant and voila - new AmEx Everyday card comes in the mail. I think they billed it as an upgrade. (and it was as far as I can remember)
Chase also did it not long ago with inactive Chase Slate cards.

If you don't put new charges on a card it becomes fair game for closure or PC at the issuer's whim.

wondering about this offer (for my bro) he's 2/24 (I think) and working on CIP at the moment.... (using technique noted on reddit) goal is building ur but has biz with large monthly expenses,and looking for something to do while slowing his roll for 3 months.... is this a travel credit offer? I'm unfamiliar with the Cap1 card.....
There are actually 2 options, the spark miles or spark cash. With Spark miles, you "erase" the travel charges. Keep in mind, their travel category is not as generous as Chase. For example, parking and tolls are not considered travel.

Does anyone have the Bar-crays Hawaiian card? I am wondering how long it takes the miles to post to the Hawaiian account. Dh's statement closed last week, and the miles earned are not there yet. Hawaiian gave me the standard "6-8" weeks line when I asked them.

I don’t think candy corn OR black licorice is as awful as those circus peanuts. Do they still make those? Gross.

Thanks! Airline miles cannot be transferred to airline miles. However you can use one airlines’s miles, like BA, to book a flight on one of their partner airlines. BA is part of the One World alliance as is AA. If AA is offering partner availability, which is generally a saver award not an anytime award, then that flight can be booked with a partner airline. You book on the website or by calling the airline whose miles you are using not the airline you are flying. Hope this helps.

So wait, color me blonde and confused.....you are using your AA miles or your BA miles? I fly AA often (down to NC) and will be doing moreso when/if I buy my beach house. Please teach me your ways oh wise one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!