I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is another reason Barclays is cray cray... I wanted to pay the bill from my primary checking account. An electronic transfer won't work. It will take about a week to cut a physical check. No thanks... I will add the payment account directly through Bar "Cray Cray" and pay it that way. Really making me work for those JB points 🤣

That's what I did. Just paid my bill with the card with the offer on it. I did add the card to the account also. And another twist. Although I pay the bill, it's under daughter's name. Hope they don't snatch it back. My name is only listed as belonging with the phone, not as an account holder.

First I checked the Xfinity website to see if there was anything on there referencing the deal. Nothing. There's just a redirect from the credit card website to the Xfinity site, I guess so you can sign up.
I wish we had Infinity as an option. Sadly, we live off of a main road and our side of the street does not have that option but the other side does. Our neighbor is trying to get that corrected but in the meantime we are AT&T.

I'm not ready to apply yet but I want to make sure I understand the airline credit on the Amex Hilton Aspire.

I know I have to select an airline first. I just don't fly much so I am concerned about it going to waste.

Does it work to purchase actual airline tickets? Could I purchase a flight (say on Southwest) from PHX to LAX or something and use that card and then they reimburse me the cost of the ticket?

If it does NOT work on a plane ticket, what other types of things could I possibly use it on? I won't have the card until after I've (tried to) get my reward tickets, so I can't use it on whatever fees are going to be associated with that.

And in my ignorance I had to look up the Word.

According to Urban Dictionary, "boujee" means, "High class, flossin', ballin'. One who possesses swag. Elite, rich." But it's actually a stylized version of the already-stylized word "bougie," which is an abbreviation of the word "bourgeois."Aug 18, 2

And yet the bourgeoisie was the middle class!

"the middle class, typically with reference to its perceived materialistic values or conventional attitudes"

So do "bougie" and "BASIC" mean the same thing??? Or is the current usage of "bougie" supposed to mean "EXTRA"???

So weird....

I'm not ready to apply yet but I want to make sure I understand the airline credit on the Amex Hilton Aspire.

I know I have to select an airline first. I just don't fly much so I am concerned about it going to waste.

Does it work to purchase actual airline tickets? Could I purchase a flight (say on Southwest) from PHX to LAX or something and use that card and then they reimburse me the cost of the ticket?

If it does NOT work on a plane ticket, what other types of things could I possibly use it on? I won't have the card until after I've (tried to) get my reward tickets, so I can't use it on whatever fees are going to be associated with that.
Is the cost under $100, if so, then yes, if not, then no. I have used my credits to pay for EBCI.

Back from our weekend in Chicago. Flew on SW RR and CP, 2 nights with Hilton points at Homewood Suites. We had a fantastic time, the highlight being Hamilton. I've seen it once before in the cheap seats. Sprung for orchestra this time - worth every penny!! The walking we did rivaled Disney for me, 10 miles the first day. Less the 2nd since I was sore and tired. :rotfl2:
What a great weekend! What did you think of Miguel Cervantes' backup? Looks like he is back tonight.? I would love to go again, I should seriously get working on that.

A travel hacking DP and success story:

I am vying for Auntie of the year award from my niece. I’m her only aunt so I should have this in the bag. But one must make an effort for appearances sake.

My oldest niece told me she really wanted to see Beetlejuice and asked if I would find out when it was coming to Miami so she could start begging her mom to take her. She is obsessed with the musical and is dying to see it. I had the unfortunate task of informing her that it was only playing in New York. Unbeknownst to her I asked her mom and my brother if it was ok to take her to New York for a weekend to the the show as her Christmas present if I could swing it. They agreed it would be fine.

I saw that AA had saver award flights in first at 25k mikes one way to NYC which meant that I should be able to book them with BA Avios for less points since they are distance based so 16.5k miles one way. When I checked the BA site it said there was no availability in any class. That made no sense. I called BA and explained that I wasn’t seeing availability that should be there. The agent insisted that they could only book what was on the website and the availability would not be any different. So, if I didn’t see it there she couldn’t book it. I care more about getting what I want than about being right, so I changed tactics. I told her it was quite possible I was doing something wrong then and asked if she could check on a specific flight for me. She reluctantly agreed. I swear this woman was a right contentious (insert whatever expletive amuses you). Naturally of course, she was able to book the flights that were not on the website with Avios. So, it pays to call the airline when things don’t make sense online.

My next step in my Aunt of the year campaign was to find a hotel because sleeping on the street would not make a good impression. BonBlah to the rescue! I used two of my 35k FN certs at Townplace Suites in Times Square. They offer free breakfast too.

Last, I got us front row center seats! My DN has only been on a plane once. This will be her first flight up front in the boujee seats, her first visit to a lounge (Centurion) and she has never been to New York. I plan to make it as memorable as I can for her. I think lunch at Ellen’s Stardust diner is in order. No idea where to take her for dinner, suggestions are welcome.

I am planning to theme this Christmas gift to the nines and wrap it in back and white striped paper with green and purple bows. I’ll be checking Pinterest for creative ways to gift wrap a flight, hotel and Broadway show tickets.
Love the details, the sentiment and the tip. You have to transfer points to BA from AA correct, or no? Do they transfer immediately? I'm going to check that out for a trip to the west coast.
Apparently one can switch spellings. Bougie if you're in a Post Malone sort of mood our Boujee if you're in a Migos sort of mood. I guess it's like color and colour. Both are acceptable depending on the flavor/flavour that you want at the moment. I think @speedyfishy might back me up on that ;-)
Worked for a British owned company for a decade and am permanently confused on spelling certain words now.
Spelling is a worthwhile endeavor, be it correctly or creatively 😆
Love this, totally stealing it!!

I don’t know what that is

I can’t help but that’s such a great thing to do. :love:

This is what’s so awesome about our group, people helping out just out of kindness.

My friend’s now ex wife did the same. She hid 30k in cc bills from him for years apparently. Paid the min each month.

Do you actually have Xfinity Mobile or another xfinity product?

We have 2 Xfinity mobile phones. Changed from Virgin Mobile in March 2018. So far so good except I've chipped my phone. We've had no problem with the service. It runs on Verizon's towers.

Um isn't boujee/bougie/whatever derived from bourgeoisie? So it technically should have a "g" in it?

(I had a glass of wine with dinner, thus the deep thinking :laughing:)

Correct. But I do like the jee ending. It doesn’t remind me of boogers.

I like black licorice...I’ll take it with me to the shun corner

Meet you there with @speedyfishy and our penchants for creative spelling.

And in my ignorance I had to look up the Word.

According to Urban Dictionary, "boujee" means, "High class, flossin', ballin'. One who possesses swag. Elite, rich." But it's actually a stylized version of the already-stylized word "bougie," which is an abbreviation of the word "bourgeois."Aug 18, 2

Well no one has ever accused me of having style. But I’ll take it! :-)

And yet the bourgeoisie was the middle class!

"the middle class, typically with reference to its perceived materialistic values or conventional attitudes"

So do "bougie" and "BASIC" mean the same thing??? Or is the current usage of "bougie" supposed to mean "EXTRA"???

So weird....

Can we go with EXTRA. I vote for extra.

For anyone with large spend, the Capital One spark bonuses are back.
Up to 200,000 Bonus Miles
Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account openingfootnote1
The spark miles card earns 2% on all purchases and now 5% on hotels and rental cars. $95 annual fee waived the first year and a TSA/GE credit.
Comes out to $3000 worth of travel credit when you factor in the spend.
wondering about this offer (for my bro) he's 2/24 (I think) and working on CIP at the moment.... (using technique noted on reddit) goal is building ur but has biz with large monthly expenses,and looking for something to do while slowing his roll for 3 months.... is this a travel credit offer? I'm unfamiliar with the Cap1 card.....

Love the details, the sentiment and the tip. You have to transfer points to BA from AA correct, or no? Do they transfer immediately? I'm going to check that out for a trip to the west coast.

Thanks! Airline miles cannot be transferred to airline miles. However you can use one airlines’s miles, like BA, to book a flight on one of their partner airlines. BA is part of the One World alliance as is AA. If AA is offering partner availability, which is generally a saver award not an anytime award, then that flight can be booked with a partner airline. You book on the website or by calling the airline whose miles you are using not the airline you are flying. Hope this helps.

For anyone with large spend, the Capital One spark bonuses are back.
Up to 200,000 Bonus Miles
Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $5,000 in the first 3 months and earn 150,000 bonus miles when you spend $50,000 in the first 6 months of your account openingfootnote1
The spark miles card earns 2% on all purchases and now 5% on hotels and rental cars. $95 annual fee waived the first year and a TSA/GE credit.
Comes out to $3000 worth of travel credit when you factor in the spend.
ooooh... hold on I see GE credit here..... question for those of you familiar with travel to/from London- what is the most useful tool to get thru security or customs in a quicker fashion? aforementioned bro is planning travel there with his fam of 5,and I'd like to point him in the right direction for easing that process. He just PC'd to CSR,so he has that card now,

A travel hacking DP and success story:

I am vying for Auntie of the year award from my niece. I’m her only aunt so I should have this in the bag. But one must make an effort for appearances sake.

My oldest niece told me she really wanted to see Beetlejuice and asked if I would find out when it was coming to Miami so she could start begging her mom to take her. She is obsessed with the musical and is dying to see it. I had the unfortunate task of informing her that it was only playing in New York. Unbeknownst to her I asked her mom and my brother if it was ok to take her to New York for a weekend to the the show as her Christmas present if I could swing it. They agreed it would be fine.

I saw that AA had saver award flights in first at 25k mikes one way to NYC which meant that I should be able to book them with BA Avios for less points since they are distance based so 16.5k miles one way. When I checked the BA site it said there was no availability in any class. That made no sense. I called BA and explained that I wasn’t seeing availability that should be there. The agent insisted that they could only book what was on the website and the availability would not be any different. So, if I didn’t see it there she couldn’t book it. I care more about getting what I want than about being right, so I changed tactics. I told her it was quite possible I was doing something wrong then and asked if she could check on a specific flight for me. She reluctantly agreed. I swear this woman was a right contentious (insert whatever expletive amuses you). Naturally of course, she was able to book the flights that were not on the website with Avios. So, it pays to call the airline when things don’t make sense online.

My next step in my Aunt of the year campaign was to find a hotel because sleeping on the street would not make a good impression. BonBlah to the rescue! I used two of my 35k FN certs at Townplace Suites in Times Square. They offer free breakfast too.

Last, I got us front row center seats! My DN has only been on a plane once. This will be her first flight up front in the boujee seats, her first visit to a lounge (Centurion) and she has never been to New York. I plan to make it as memorable as I can for her. I think lunch at Ellen’s Stardust diner is in order. No idea where to take her for dinner, suggestions are welcome.

I am planning to theme this Christmas gift to the nines and wrap it in back and white striped paper with green and purple bows. I’ll be checking Pinterest for creative ways to gift wrap a flight, hotel and Broadway show tickets.
This is incredibly awesome. Definitely another entry for the Calyspo churning Hall of Fame :).
You booked your flight using Avios that you had? I don’t see a way to transfer AAmiles to Avios and I don’t want to use my MR or UR for a trip to NYC next spring break. I might just have to use 150k AA to get us all there.
ETA: I just saw your response regarding the miles. Hmmm might have to look at Avios for future. We fly a lot of Iberia so not sure why I’ve never looked into it.

Last edited:
I like how you messed up the quote so now it seems like it's your story 🤣 🤣 🤣 I legit started reading it thinking "oh another story" and quickly sensed deja vu!!

You can't be Auntie of the year - that's @calypso726's DAGNABBIT!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

(don't mind me - I'm in some kind of mood tonight, haha!)

tenor.gif
nope. That's my title. But I won't bore any of you with the reasons why. :rotfl:

We toured several colleges in NY this summer. He’s visiting schools in CT, Ohio and Nashville, Tennessee with his Dad. Then, I have a trip planned with him over Veteran’s Day to Middletown & Mystic, CT; Providence, RI (hoping to visit Newport and the Bellevue Mansions); Williamstown & Boston, MA; Lewistown, Maine and NH. Then, in early December, we are staying at the Inn at Penn for a few visits in Philadelphia. I admit it’s a little over the top, but he’s worked hard and I’m beyond excited for him. DH thinks I’m crazy for so many visits, but I love to travel and know that I will never have this time with him again. I have points I could use for our trip, but I’m saving them for a spring break vacation for the family.
Middletown and Mystic? for the colleges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!