I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever have this happen? BOA switched my bankamericard I had gotten to the Cash Rewards card. I got the bankamericard as it was a 0$/0% card that I transferred my balances to when I took over my portion of the CC debt w/ the divorce. I went to close it this year and they talked me into keeping it since it's a $0 AF. I was going to close it hoping that maybe I could do the $0/0% offer again and transfer a balance back to it in the spring.

I've never had a company switch the card I had before, LOL. I don't use the card currently, so I guess they are trying to woo me with the 3% back in whatever category I chose. Now I need to figure out what I want to chose. I use costco for gas 99% of the time, so gas isn't a good one. I already get 3% back on dining and travel w/ the CSR. So I guess I'll chose either online shopping or home improvement.

My account number apparently isn't changing, but I'm guessing since it's a different card now, that means I could go for the $0/0% offer again if I need it?

When did she get her first card? My oldest is a sophomore in high school, does some part time work to earn spending money (which goes into her bank account), and just passed the driver's test to get her license, which will open up more babysitting, etc. opportunities. I'd like her to start gaining some credit card acumen, but I've been hesitant about what could go wrong.
I got my 16 year old an AU card this year. Since I check the account obsessively, I know exactly what she is using it for - she is good about touching base before using it for anything unusual.

I'm totally stressed about the SW release next week. I've never booked on release day. I'll be booking at least 4 tickets (plus companion, which I can add after, right?) and maybe 5, if I have enough points, I'll get my mother's ticket too.

I have 168,000 RR points and don't know how many tickets that will cover. We are between Boston and Providence, so probably flying out of Providence for the ease of it.
The prices really run the gamut depending on the date. We're going over Massachusetts' April vacation so I'm assuming the prices will be high.

Also wondering if the schedule typically changes with a new release? I can see the flights for the week before we're going and I don't love the time options, so hoping for a change.

Any advice to ease my anxiety over this?

Well, I was just in her account adding offers. She seems to attract a lot that I don't get. I just added a Maggiano's for $15 off $50....we will do the $40 family meal for 2 (to go) and throw in tax and tip we are over $50 by a few cents. And she will pick it up! She can also do the BP Amoco offer which I found in there. Now I'm thinking of making her an AU on my SPG Biz and wondering if I do it quick will they load the $25 off $100 Staples offer?

First off, I'll say that her having a card when she was younger made it easier for me. She used it for convenience mostly for me. She had her own checking/savings also which made me able to 'pay' any bill she created for herself. As in if at the mall she wanted food and would ordinarily use a debit card - I had her trained to get us those points, lol.

This strategy backfired on some people I know. Their son ran up 10k in credit card debt, but they were trusting and not looking. He intercepted paper bills and hid them and all sorts of nefarious schemes and I've probably only been told half the story. These days we can track most of it on the internet in real time, so it's easier to manage.
Thanks! I know that would not be my DS since he still has every penny he has received as cash/check in the bank. And always give him charging privileges at the hotel, on the ship, etc and he barely spends anything and know he needs to check before he spends. Same with iTunes, even though it is mainly his birthday and Christmas funds. Plus he knows we are constantly checking the accounts and has watched me log every transaction :)

I'm totally stressed about the SW release next week. I've never booked on release day. I'll be booking at least 4 tickets (plus companion, which I can add after, right?) and maybe 5, if I have enough points, I'll get my mother's ticket too.

I have 168,000 RR points and don't know how many tickets that will cover. We are between Boston and Providence, so probably flying out of Providence for the ease of it.
The prices really run the gamut depending on the date. We're going over Massachusetts' April vacation so I'm assuming the prices will be high.

Also wondering if the schedule typically changes with a new release? I can see the flights for the week before we're going and I don't love the time options, so hoping for a change.

I usually book on release day..but it’s just the two of us...we fly out of Islip....

- the flight times have changed with each release...some times of the year there are 3 nonstops ISP to MCO...other times just 2

-I would book one ways...and if possible book each person individually....since sometimes SW only offers a few tickets at the lowest price.....but I’m not sure how fast pricing increases over the April vacation

Anyone ever have this happen? BOA switched my bankamericard I had gotten to the Cash Rewards card. I got the bankamericard as it was a 0$/0% card that I transferred my balances to when I took over my portion of the CC debt w/ the divorce. I went to close it this year and they talked me into keeping it since it's a $0 AF. I was going to close it hoping that maybe I could do the $0/0% offer again and transfer a balance back to it in the spring.

I've never had a company switch the card I had before, LOL. I don't use the card currently, so I guess they are trying to woo me with the 3% back in whatever category I chose. Now I need to figure out what I want to chose. I use costco for gas 99% of the time, so gas isn't a good one. I already get 3% back on dining and travel w/ the CSR. So I guess I'll chose either online shopping or home improvement.

My account number apparently isn't changing, but I'm guessing since it's a different card now, that means I could go for the $0/0% offer again if I need it?
I have a couple of BOA cards I haven’t used in years and they send me
0% offers every month. Barclay is really trying to get me to use my AA card. They email me 0% offers just about everyday.

I'm looking at other 'low cost' carriers on my date I need and I'm thinking it' gonna be a steep price.....:crazy2:

I have a couple of BOA cards I haven’t used in years and they send me
0% offers every month. Barclay is really trying to get me to use my AA card. They email me 0% offers just about everyday.

Well the nice thing about the BOA one I had, it was 0% interest and 0%/$0 transfer fees. So I'm hoping to get that again as most want the 3%-5%. I jumped when the AAviator offered me 2% transfer and then the next month they offered 1%. Grrr. Oh well. I'm gonna try to move this debt around 0% as long as I can. I have the money to pay it off, but if I can pay it down 0% and earn some kind of interest on that money w/ Discover, I'm gonna do that.

Well it’s worth noting that anything that anybody says in response to this is anecdotal. Each release varies as does flights with different city pairings at different times of day, etc.

As @palhockeymomof2 said, it’s quite likely that the flight times will change (could be better, could be worse, could stay the same).

You definitely can add the companion later so focus first on booking your paid/points flights. I could write a book on booking flights with SW but relaying all the things that go through my head and factor into my process would probably cause you MORE anxiety, lol! 🤣

Last edited:
Uhhh...Dh’s CF has a negative balance on his URs. Is that possible? I’m confused
How many pts negative? Did his last statement close with a credit balance due to a return? This happens to me often if I had a refund on a card and it messed with the pts earned.

His last statement should clear this up for you.

EDIT: if it’s a small balance the easy way to clear that up is to transfer 1,000 URs to that card to bring it positive then transfer the residual balance back off of the card.

3 questions:

1. PHL vs BWI? Any opinions?
2. IAH vs Hobby?
3. Any way to tnsfer MR to book a United flight?

Trying to puzzle together if we flew to see my in laws next year instead of drove how we would do that with points and what currency we’d need. Need to preserve our AA stash for other planned flights or book United instead for one of them.

3 questions:

1. PHL vs BWI? Any opinions?
2. IAH vs Hobby?
3. Any way to tnsfer MR to book a United flight?
Which is closer? We always fly out of BWI which is still an hour for us to get to. The Club at BWI is by the United gates. But PHL has the Centurion Lounge.

We have GE so getting through TSA is easy.
Trying to puzzle together if we flew to see my in laws next year instead of drove how we would do that with points and what currency we’d need. Need to preserve our AA stash for other planned flights or book United instead for one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!