I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. And it's not a bad strategy considering they already pooled your MR points, which is a leg up from Chase. They just had to take it where there was actually multipliers on their cards to give users a reason to want to pay multiple AF's and use multiple cards. I recall getting way more offers to upgrade to a Plat when I had my Gold than applying for a new card. It was a while ago so I could be misremembering but it seemed like they didn't really embrace the multiple card use. Hoping you'd just ignore that most of your spend was at 1x so they could reap more. As more of the population becomes ok with holding and using more than 2 cards, they can make up for that with volume.

Now if they could just relax the RAT they'd probably get a nice shift from Chase. I can only imagine what will happen when more normals get hit with that nonsense.
The only reason I'm trying to get under 5/24 is for Hyatt points. We travel to Florida a lot and I like the Hyatt hotel options in Orlando and Miami. I've been very happy with Amex. but I haven't engaged in any activity that would attract the RAT. I was going to upgrade my CSP to a CSR, but if I can get 3 points on travel from the new green card I'll cancel my CSP and use that. I have the Gold and the Blue business. The platinum is worthless to me since my DH works for an airline. I do hope Amex relaxes on the 5 card max. All that being said I'm still going to get at least one CIP.

I don't know that this actually matters to anybody but the limited time offer on the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business card expires tomorrow. The offer is:

Earn 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, get 0.0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months. Offer expires 10/23/2019.

I am NOT the expert on all the various rules around Bonvoy cards so just posting this for general knowledge. It appears that at least FOUR users have working links for this offer posted on the DISchurners Amex Support Link thread.

Last edited:
The only reason I'm trying to get under 5/24 is for Hyatt points. We travel to Florida a lot and I like the Hyatt hotel options in Orlando and Miami. I've been very happy with Amex. but I haven't engaged in any activity that would attract the RAT. I was going to upgrade my CSP to a CSR, but if I can get 3 points on travel from the new green card I'll cancel my CSP and use that. I have the Gold and the Blue business. The platinum is worthless to me since my DH works for an airline. I do hope Amex relaxes on the 5 card max. All that being said I'm still going to get at least one CIP.
The thing with the RAT is there are already normal card users that get trapped and there's not much of rhyme or reason to it, as far as they can see. They're doing what they'd think is average Joe things but some algorithm suspects abuse and does not friendly things which produces ill will. I imagine it's still a small percentage of that population now, but as AmEx captures more of the main stream market I'd guess that number increases unless the RAT relaxes a bit. Hard to dominate when what should be vocal supporters get bitten and turn negative.

I have an amex offer for Staples $25 back on $100 purchase. I just registered for SkyMiles through Delta and got an offer for 1000 pnts with a $50 purchase. The SkyMiles link to Staples has an offer of $25 off an online purchase of $125. Is there a $125 Disney GC option and will it trigger all of these bonus/discounts? Thank you
There is a $50 card and a $100 card. Staples charges $1.99 shipping on each card. I'm not familiar with the SkyMiles offers to know whether a GC would trigger them or not. The GC will work for your Amex offer.

The 12 of us flew coach to Japan on JAL last October (over a year ago already!). We didn't die. Honestly I rarely fly anyway so any free flight is appreciated.

I know my goal is ANA business next year but I understand that particular availability will be VERY hard to come by from what I've read. First class seems to be easier to get but I won't have the URs for that, so if we end up in coach... oh well. It'll still be a "free" flight!

Amex Support Links - DISchurners Update:
I'm very sorry for those that appear to have been suspended from the Amex Support Link program. If you are unaware of what is going on I would recommend you read more HERE.

With that in mind, I have done a complete review of ALL Amex Support links in the DISchurners Amex Support Link thread. All users with issues have been notified via PM here on the DIS. I also put a link to their comment in their for ease of editing (if I made any mistakes I apologize, I was trying to complete this task quickly).

It is the goal of the DISchurners moderator group to make sure that anybody in search of a working link is able to quickly find one (vs. searching through a sea of non-working links). If more than half of your links were found to be non-working, your comment has been temporarily removed until you can fix it (and if you were affected by this I mentioned that in my PM). If less than half of your links were non-working we left your comment active but would hope that issues will be addressed quickly. If issues are not addressed by Monday those comments may be removed. Please respond to the PM once fixed OR if you have any questions.

It also might make sense for everybody to review their links at this time and check to make sure they're happy with the wording and formatting, etc. Thanks everybody!

The 12 of us flew coach to Japan on JAL last October (over a year ago already!). We didn't die. Honestly I rarely fly anyway so any free flight is appreciated.

I know my goal is ANA business next year but I understand that particular availability will be VERY hard to come by from what I've read. First class seems to be easier to get but I won't have the URs for that, so if we end up in coach... oh well. It'll still be a "free" flight!

Here’s a success story for you to read:

I posted this the other day but it bears repeating AGAIN... The Southwest Performance Business 80,000 Point Offer is STILL alive: (2 links that I know of)
If you thought you had missed out, you haven't yet! We REALLY think this offer is slated to expire at some point and decrease to the 70k offer currently showing on the main Chase website. I have no concerns over getting the 80k offer if you apply with these links but I would screenshot proof anyways (and I always screenshot proof of everything when I apply personally).

Good Luck if anybody still wants to pull the trigger! Nobody knows when these links may stop working.
BOTH of these Southwest Performance Business Card 80,000 point “limited time offer” links appear to STILL BE WORKING!

These were supposed to expire last week on 10/16. Who knows how long they’ll remain alive but for now, they still work!

My dd19 was approved for a CIP party:
Her app was sitting with the 30 day message for two days and never changed to anything other than approved, or If it did, was only there for about 3 hours.
That's great, congrats to (you) and your DD! I wish I could get my oldest DD and SIL motivated even a little. SIL was getting mailers for CIP but didn't participate. They (DD) have some SW points left from an application a couple of years ago that they are going to burn through pretty quickly now that they are a party of 4. I'll be sure to let the know your DD is flying for free while they are reaching for their CC :)

I'd have no problems doing that :laughing: "Ok, if you'd like to save some points, here's your coach seat, I budgeted for biz so I'll see you on the ground"

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't believe I'll ever have that conversation since hubby prefers the creature comforts. If I say we have biz seats in the budget he wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, given that I pick the cheapest option on everything and only the side-eye gets a reconsideration. (I get a decent amount of side-eye...)

Fortunately, I am married to PlanePrincess so that is a conversation that is never gonna happen. His way of looking at things is that we churn/travel hack so that we can have a more comforatble travel experience. He has a a basic rule of any flight longer than 2.5 hours needs to be in business/first. I'm good with that.

Looks like Amex is going for a Membership Rewards quadfecta or a pentafecta.

Platinum - 5x airfare and Amex Travel
Gold - 4x restaurants and supermarkets
Green - 3x (general) travel and transit
[Biz Gold - 4x gas; BGR - 3x gas; EDP - 2x gas]
BBP - 2x everything

And maybe - [Biz Platinum - 35% rebate on specific points redemptions for flights]

So the next time an Amex rep comments about how many of their cards you have...

My Chase Quadfecta, CSR, Ink+, CF and CFU is $525 in AFs. An upcoming Pentafecta, adding the CIP next year when I'm under 5/24 would be $615 in AFs. Really $315 since the CSR travel credit is broad and a given that it would be used on travel categories like tolls that I will be doing no matter what.

This Amex Pentafecta is $1190 in AFs and nearly all of the credits are something I have to figure out how to make use of and even some of those loopholes are closing.

I don't know that this actually matters to anybody but the limited time offer on the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business card expires tomorrow. The offer is:

Earn 100,000 Bonus Marriott Bonvoy Points after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, get 0.0% introductory APR on purchases for 6 months. Offer expires 10/23/2019.

I am NOT the expert on all the various rules around Bonvoy cards so just posting this for general knowledge. It appears that at least FOUR users have working links for this offer posted on the DISchurners Amex Support Link thread.

Make that 5 users now LOL

I have an amex offer for Staples $25 back on $100 purchase. I just registered for SkyMiles through Delta and got an offer for 1000 pnts with a $50 purchase. The SkyMiles link to Staples has an offer of $25 off an online purchase of $125. Is there a $125 Disney GC option and will it trigger all of these bonus/discounts? Thank you
The $25 off $125 did not work with GC's. I still have $40 back on $350 that I will use once I see the $25 credit. Hopefully I will see the 1000 MR's pretty quick. I did not get the SW bonus points for going through their site when signing up for AT&T. How difficult is it to challenge those missing pnts?

That's great, congrats to (you) and your DD! I wish I could get my oldest DD and SIL motivated even a little. SIL was getting mailers for CIP but didn't participate. They (DD) have some SW points left from an application a couple of years ago that they are going to burn through pretty quickly now that they are a party of 4. I'll be sure to let the know your DD is flying for free while they are reaching for their CC :)
Her SW point stash is still nice and healthy from when she opened a SW card back in the summer and the bonus was 60k.
I have family like yours though who somehow would just rather pay than apply for a new card. Hard to understand that thinking!

Were you able to get seats together? I read somewhere that Delta’s economy fare has seats assigned at check in and no guarantee your party is together, including kids.
We were! And as an aside....just flew AA basic economy with three of us and were assigned seats together on all flights at check in.

The limit doesn't apply to charge cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts