I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patience has never been my strong suit, and what little I have is being tried by my recent SW Perf Biz app. The status line is *still* sitting at 30 days for my app last Wednesday. I even punched through to talk to someone on Friday thinking it might be a credit freeze issue and he said there are no flags on my account. Come on, Chase....

This is a great point. I think for a lot of people the excitement is gone. And I’m not sure it’s because we’ve been doing it for so long but rather what you said about there being no “sweet spots” worth my excitement. Maybe something new and exciting will come along that will bring us out of our churning rut :D (we can all hope at least)
I would say that the period earlier this year with the GrAAvy Train was a “sweet spot”. Those were good conversations and opened a lot of people to the possibility of acquiring and using currencies they might have never pursued.

To add to the bank bonus talk yesterday, I am currently doing the Chase (personal checking). Looking at data points, I see that others bonus posted just a few days after their DD. We did a legit DD from DH's paycheck on October 10 and nada yet. Should I be concerned? It was just one DD and the bonus should post, correct?

Needing some tips for an upcoming WDW Delta package......after speaking to a Delta CSR supervisor, I have been told that if I cancel my package, the tix included WILL be cancelled. There is no way to "pop them out". The rub here, is that I DID pay insurance on the trip, BUT....I KNOW I did NOT pay insurance on the park ticket portion of the trip. The original CSR told me that the insurance could NOT be applied to the tickets, only the hotel and airfare. So, if I DID cancel, I fear that the voucher would only be for the flights/hotel and the outlay for the tickets would be lost. Which would NOT be cool since the tickets were the biggest chunk of the package to begin with!

After reading several data points here, it seems that the best course of action is to just throw away the flight (cheap) and two nights at hotel. (My original goal was to get a voucher for the hotel and flights, and KEEP the tickets for use at a later TBD date.) Since that no longer seems possible, does anyone know if I need to check in online for the "flight" (that I will be "flying" on) or the hotel stay (that I will be "staying" in)? If I DO check in for the hotel, it won't trigger the park tickets, correct?
I "missed my flight" 2 weeks ago and never checked into my offsite hotel. Our tickets are still live in MDE.

This is me--I am waiting to be under 5/24 so no new personal cards for me now. I'm stalled on biz cards because I have 5 AmEx credit cards and either can't cancel (b/c less than one year) or am holding (b/c keeper cards). I'd love to get another biz card but I already have the good non-Chase/non-AmEx ones (e.g., Barclays).

In a few months I have a bunch of cards hitting the 2-year mark, so I'll be under 5/24 and can get a CIP plus maybe even a new personal card or two. But for now I'm definitely in a lull. I do hope our thread isn't dying!

Must be the name Amy....LOL. I took am waiting to go under 5/24 (I will in November). I have all 5 Amex filled too. I might get another Citi Biz and gamble on that working, we'll see. But my plan is the CIP and I guess go from there. I'm sure I'll do the personal citi AA at some point. And maybe some point Barclay might allow me to get the biz from them. I have the personal but no love from them otherwise.

I have a MSR for the Hilton biz I'm doing right now.

Now I have a question for people......after going under the 5/24 and getting the CIP, what other Chase are worth getting? I have the Freedom and CSR. I also have the IHG. I don't see Hyatt as a need right now (as most places I go don't have a Hyatt). So what after the CIP would you go for in the Chase family? Once I go under 5/24, I'll start to drop lower and lower pretty fast (I tend to sign up in chunks).

Must be the name Amy....LOL. I took am waiting to go under 5/24 (I will in November). I have all 5 Amex filled too. I might get another Citi Biz and gamble on that working, we'll see. But my plan is the CIP and I guess go from there. I'm sure I'll do the personal citi AA at some point. And maybe some point Barclay might allow me to get the biz from them. I have the personal but no love from them otherwise.

I have a MSR for the Hilton biz I'm doing right now.

Now I have a question for people......after going under the 5/24 and getting the CIP, what other Chase are worth getting? I have the Freedom and CSR. I also have the IHG. I don't see Hyatt as a need right now (as most places I go don't have a Hyatt). So what after the CIP would you go for in the Chase family? Once I go under 5/24, I'll start to drop lower and lower pretty fast (I tend to sign up in chunks).
I mean - most people are just doing THIS lol!

At work I am stuck in this endless loop of trying to get a new method approved, because my direct supervisor almost never wants to make the decisions she should be making and pushes them to the manager, and my manager is waiting for the supervisor to do the job. And meanwhile, all of us underlings are getting screwed over because we are still using the old method which takes 1+ hrs vs the new method that is <10 mins. :badpc:

I’ve decided I’ll maintain a balance or 300k (I left behind 281k if you didn’t notice that). Basically every time I hit 400k I’m gonna cash out $1,000. This way there’s no debate but I still have plenty for any potential travel needs.

I saw your awesome redemption on Friday and I think I may do something similar next year. Between P1 and P2 we will be right around 1 million UR points and thinking of cashing in 5K and opening a 529 plan for baby number 2. We would still have plenty of points in other places and with a newborn travel will be significantly decreasing for a while.

My brother says the same about buying a seat. They always buy a seat for both boys and put them in car seats since that’s what they’re used to
I always wore them in a carrier until they were about 18 mths. They’d zonk out immediately in those things. Around 18m I would ask at the desk if there were extra seats at all and 90% if the time the answer was yes, so I’d get to use the car seat without buying the ticket.

Fair point - we took a break from cruising until our youngest was 4yo. On the other hand......when I have seen infants on cruiseships, seems they are invariably sleeping....maybe the natural motion of the ship is soothing. I think cruising with an infant would be infinitely easier than with a toddler that always wants to be on the move.
Infants are great on the ship. Toddlers are good on the newer ships with nemos reef if they aren’t potty trained and any ship once they are. We had a toddler on the magic once who was not yet potty trained (he was 15 mths) and that was torture for 7 days. There wasn’t enough to keep him busy.

Yikes this is bad news. Looks like Delta has gotten stricter about canceling the package and keeping the tickets. I do think someone here "missed" his flight a few days ago so hopefully he will update us to let us know what happened to the rest of the package after that. Did you ask the CSR whether the voucher would include the cost of the tickets?

I did......and was explicitly told that the tickets would be LOST. It IS bothersome that the tickets would be BOTH non-refundable and cancelable. I actually asked if the tickets could be separated from the package. That was a firm NOPE. I tried discussing that I was fine with not being REFUNDED the money, if I could simply retain them. Again, NOPE.

I hate the tunnels like going through 95 or to Virginia Beach and always fear they are going to collapse on the car and we'll either drown or get smashed like a pancake.

I can manage tunnels easily so far and don't get irrational as I tend to do with bridges. One time I was driving up to Delaware with a friend, and she would not ride through the Ft MacHenry tunnel and I was afraid to cross (had never done it) the 695 bridge. We switched drivers before the bridge and she drove me across. Since then I can manage that one. But note - I don't do the 895 tunnel or the long (27 mile) tunnel/bridges from eastern Virginia to Norfolk - can't hold my breath that long.

Sibling relationships aren’t always great. I know plenty of people who don’t even talk to their adult siblings. And my mom's relationship with her sibs turned ugly when my grandma was ill. My mom was the youngest of 5 and ended up full time caregiver for my grandma after she had a stroke. Only one of my mom’s siblings ever helped and he only came to relieve my mom once a week or every other week (my mom literally only left the house without my grandma on Sunday if my uncle came over. Grandma was very stubborn and refused to let anyone else take care of her.) Then when my grandma died, my mom’s oldest sister accused my mom of elder abuse and stealing grandma’s money. Needles to say, we don’t talk to anyone in the family.
My son is an only but has 3 cousins who are pretty close. I hope they can stay that way but despite my sister and I getting along ok now, my sister is not the friendly caring person to me that she presents to others. My son and his 2 same age cousins will be at the same schools starting next year for middle school and high school.
So true! My mom has always had a strained relationship with her sisters. It only got worse when Memaw passed away. I have 3 siblings. I'm kind of close to one of my sisters, but my other sister and brother just don't seem to care. Which really sucks because I wanted to be a wonderful aunt to my nephews, but my sister doesn't allow that to happen. At least I have my youngest sister's kids (my only niece is in my profile photo). It sucks for my kids though, I wanted them to have close relationships with all of their cousins. I tried for several years and now I've just given up. It takes 2 to make any kind of relationship and if the other party is out, it's not worth it.

I just opened the Chase Business Checking Account with the $500 bonus! The banker couldn't have been nicer and made it all very easy. I told him my business was as a sole proprietor so I didn't have a DBA, he said no problem (when I tried for the $300 bonus I was told I needed a DBA).

He had me enter my SS number on a key pad and he could then see all my Chase accounts. I was sweating that part a bit. But he just asked if I had "one of" my Chase business credit cards with me. He then told me he had a guy open a business checking account last week for the $500 and his business was "selling stuff on ebay". The banker guy thought it was great that he was able to get the bonus with that as his business.

Very easy $500!

I did......and was explicitly told that the tickets would be LOST. It IS bothersome that the tickets would be BOTH non-refundable and cancelable. I actually asked if the tickets could be separated from the package. That was a firm NOPE. I tried discussing that I was fine with not being REFUNDED the money, if I could simply retain them. Again, NOPE.

That's just crazy. And completely different from what they told me. It's like if you bought something that had a no returns policy, took it to the store to return, they take the thing AND don't give you your money back?? :badpc:

Sorry I have no advice for you, only frustration!

I always wore them in a carrier until they were about 18 mths. They’d zonk out immediately in those things. Around 18m I would ask at the desk if there were extra seats at all and 90% if the time the answer was yes, so I’d get to use the car seat without buying the ticket.
I was always told you could not wear during take off and landing.

I can also confirm that if there are extra seats they will.allow you to bring the car seat on board. If not you must gate check. Be very early to the gate desk to request. We had a very lightweight Cosco Scenera to travel with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!