I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We
I’m wondering if a year might work better overall because we’d have more time to plan and it would be getting warmer at that time of year in Norway.
traveled with our first starting at 6 weeks. Honestly every kid is different. For us though it was easiest when 0-6 months before they crawled. Once they can move they want to move.

My big question right now is about traveling with an infant. Dh and I have really been talking about Norway and we both want to fly and tour ourselves. Would this be super difficult with a 6 month old? Would a cruise be better? We were thinking a cruise might be better when they’re older and moving around. For those of you who’ve been to Norway, what time of year is best? The baby is due in April so I don’t think we would go until September or October but I really don’t know. We could wait until 1 year too

Not to be contradictory with anyone, but we have traveled extensively internationally with our kids (now ages 16 and 13) since the oldest was 4 months old (we went to Italy then), and have really enjoyed all of it.

There is definitely some variation with respect to temperament, though, and I know we were super lucky in that regard. Even so, the plane flights can be tiring, especially since we prioritized not disturbing others over our own comfort - I nursed a ton in the air, and DH and I hung out in the galleys, and brought along carry-ons with every possible contingency - and we were able to keep both babies from crying in flight (at the smallest sign of a hiccup-y gasp of air we would spring into action). We tended to divide and conquer, so that one of us would be exhausted when we arrived, but the other one would be rested, and able to take care of the first day, on the ground logistics. If you are willing to put up with that, and can spring back from jetlag-like effects quickly, you will be fine.

Most of our trips when the children were young were independent (fly somewhere and get a flat, or rent a car or take the train), but we did do three big cruises starting when our younger one was just shy of one year old - Greece, Egypt, and Turkey for the first one, Northern Europe (Baltics + Russia etc.) a year later, and then around the coast of South America a year and a half after that. It is absolutely amazing not needing to pack and unpack again and again, and I would do those trips again in a heartbeat. At the same time, we haven't traveled like that since then, because we found that cruises didn't really perfectly fit with our family's style. Everyone is different in that regard, of course!

Can someone help me figure out my luggage dilemma? We are thinking new luggage for Christmas. We have 2 types of trips planned coming up- flying that will involve checked bags and hauling carseats on the plane, and long road trips. I want 1. A nice hardsided checked bag for flying. 2. Easy to grab and carry luggage for in and out of the car while wrangling baby and toddler 3. Something that fits under the seat on the plane and is easy to carry in an airport.
I like stuff that packs a lot and I use packing cubes.

What would you bring? Specific reqs of a piece you love would be great!
The ebags motherlode backpacks are great for carry on when you need hands free!

I purchase $50 GCs and let them pile up. I'm not sure if e GCs will trigger the credit. Then, I will either use the GCs to purchase a gift for a friend. Sometimes, I will purchase an expensive perfume to treat myself. I don't usually buy perfume. Or I will get those perfume travel sets so I can try out different scents. I don't wear perfume often so it's nice to get one of those sampler sets as they will last me forever. I make sure to purchase online through a shopping portal to get some additional points earning.
The stores are too far away from me and the lowest GC available online is $150 boo hiss I shall research whether or not eGCs trigger the credit.

EDIT: the eGCs do not trigger the Plat credit :worried:
I
bought DD a pair of fila sneakers she wanted. They were $15 after the credit. I would never have bought them at full price.
Ooooh I haven't checked out the shoes yet!

Last edited:
Trying to figure out how to get the 5% for my CF card. Do the shops at Epcot take Chase Pay? I was hoping to combine the AP GC deal with the 5%... Tried PayPal and Walmart.com last week but my orders got cancelled...
We are using Chase Pay at Sams Club (not my favorite club, but near DH work so it is convenient) for every day spend. Towards the end of the quarter we plan on topping off the $1500 with Disney GC. If they have a sale on Disney GC that will change the plan and we will maximize that.

We’ve been in Virginia for the weekend visiting my brother and his family and it’s been really fun! It’s just a short weekend trip but still great.

We’re still working on our CIP MSR. Next will be a CIC for Dh, probably within the next month.

My big question right now is about traveling with an infant. Dh and I have really been talking about Norway and we both want to fly and tour ourselves. Would this be super difficult with a 6 month old? Would a cruise be better? We were thinking a cruise might be better when they’re older and moving around. For those of you who’ve been to Norway, what time of year is best? The baby is due in April so I don’t think we would go until September or October but I really don’t know. We could wait until 1 year too
Traveling with infants is very much "it depends". With DD we could not, even when we had SW points to fly, DVC to use and an AP for park administration, we just couldn't even imagine it. She was a *very* difficult baby. She literally almost killed us, we were like army buddies in the trenches for 4 months. We *never* slept. She never slept and wouldn't eat. We didn't fly with her until she was a year, and then we found out she gets sick on planes and she puked on us repeatedly for several trips.

With DS, he was a happy sunny baby from Day 1. I could have taken him anywhere. We started flying with him at 7mo.

They've now flipped and DS is a more challenging kid to raise and DD is a sweetheart, but that's a whole other story. And we use kids dramamine and bracelets for flights!

Last edited:
I got an email from Amex. 5k bonus to add AU's to my Gold card with 500 dollar spends. I added three AU's. It should be an easy 15k MR. I was approved a couple of weeks ago for Blue Business Card. I used the 10k referral. My dh and I got mailers from Amex. 100k for the Hilton Surpass. I already have 5 Amex cards and I'm trying to get under 5/24, I may have dh apply for it. Can you pool Hilton Honors points? I already have the Aspire.

Traveling with infants is very much "it depends". With DD we could not, even when we had SW points to fly, DVC to use and an AP for park administration, we just couldn't even imagine it. She was a *very* difficult baby. She literally almost killed us, we were like army buddies in the trenches for 4 months. We *never* slept. She never slept and wouldn't eat. We didn't fly with her until she was a year, and then we found out she gets sick on planes and she puked on us repeatedly for several trips.

With DS, he was a happy sunny baby from Day 1. I could have taken him anywhere. We started flying with him at 7mo.

They've now flipped and DS is a more challenging kid to raise and DD is a sweetheart, but that's a whole other story. And we use kids dramamine and bracelets for flights!
Omg are you my twin? My dd was the worst baby ever and ds was an angel. Now dd is an amazingly sweet, easy 16 year old and ds is driving me to an early grave!

We’ve been in Virginia for the weekend visiting my brother and his family and it’s been really fun! It’s just a short weekend trip but still great.

We’re still working on our CIP MSR. Next will be a CIC for Dh, probably within the next month.

We

traveled with our first starting at 6 weeks. Honestly every kid is different. For us though it was easiest when 0-6 months before they crawled. Once they can move they want to move.

I travel with babies. We have a trips planned for when this one will be 4 months and 10 months, and hoping to go international when she will be 16 months. Nursing on the plane has always kept my babies happy and quiet. I find the 7-18 month range more difficult than under 6 months because they want to move move move. A lot of it comes down to your expectations and attitude going in to it. I always expect it will be difficult but ok and try to stay as calm as possible during the hard parts so that the baby doesn't feed off my stress. We have definitely had our rough moments but I've always been glad we went. We have done lots of long car trips with little ones as well. The older kids complain more than the little ones. DH calls them "character building trips" 😂

I’ve seen those mentioned here before! Do you like the regular or the junior? Does it go under the seat?

Will confirm that the Motherload Jr fits under Southwest seats. Except for aisle seats due to a metal bar. If the bag is not too full, might be possible to still cram it in. I was just trying to move it over to the empty aisle seat, so didn't try too hard (plus the bag was pretty full).

Thanks for the car input. I didn't get quotes as I was reading. Our current vehicle is a 95 Suburban diesel that is so very reliable even with it's 260,000 miles. We will be keeping that for our large vehicle but are at a point that we need a second vehicle that can hold most of us. I'm spoiled in that the suburban we bought for $3000 8 years ago has needed very little work and gets great mileage. I definitely want to get something that can be just as reliable and go just as long. It looks like the consensus is to look at Toyotas and Honda's, so we will start there!

A little further south, in Jupiter, is Blowing Rock State Preserve. It’s a beach with rock formations unlike any other in Florida and unique sand. It’s very pretty. If you like kayaking, near there is Jonathan Dickinson State Park with good kayaking on a river. Vero Beach is pleasant with good restaurants, a boardwalk, and a Disney resort.
We’re trying our hardest to see more of Florida but we’ve been so busy. I’m definitely gonna add those to our list!

Not to be contradictory with anyone, but we have traveled extensively internationally with our kids (now ages 16 and 13) since the oldest was 4 months old (we went to Italy then), and have really enjoyed all of it.

There is definitely some variation with respect to temperament, though, and I know we were super lucky in that regard. Even so, the plane flights can be tiring, especially since we prioritized not disturbing others over our own comfort - I nursed a ton in the air, and DH and I hung out in the galleys, and brought along carry-ons with every possible contingency - and we were able to keep both babies from crying in flight (at the smallest sign of a hiccup-y gasp of air we would spring into action). We tended to divide and conquer, so that one of us would be exhausted when we arrived, but the other one would be rested, and able to take care of the first day, on the ground logistics. If you are willing to put up with that, and can spring back from jetlag-like effects quickly, you will be fine.

Most of our trips when the children were young were independent (fly somewhere and get a flat, or rent a car or take the train), but we did do three big cruises starting when our younger one was just shy of one year old - Greece, Egypt, and Turkey for the first one, Northern Europe (Baltics + Russia etc.) a year later, and then around the coast of South America a year and a half after that. It is absolutely amazing not needing to pack and unpack again and again, and I would do those trips again in a heartbeat. At the same time, we haven't traveled like that since then, because we found that cruises didn't really perfectly fit with our family's style. Everyone is different in that regard, of course!
Wow that’s awesome! I guess we really won’t know until the baby is born but that’s pretty reassuring that it’s possible to travel. Seems like a cruise might be a better idea if after 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!