I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe you did the whole thing. When you go, you’re all in.
Part of me wants to save to have a higher balance, but the rest of me remembers what a great time we had on our cruise, courtesy of a bunch of points.
I’ve decided I’ll maintain a balance or 300k (I left behind 281k if you didn’t notice that). Basically every time I hit 400k I’m gonna cash out $1,000. This way there’s no debate but I still have plenty for any potential travel needs.

For those who book a night at the Hyatt at MCO do you move the points from Chase and book it or book the room from the Chase portal? When I looked first the arrival night was not available on the Chase portal so I moved 12k points and booked it on Hyatt. Since flights are still not out yet I booked the return night just in case Monday flights are cheaper but since I am not sure we will keep it I booked it on Chase for 2k more points. Noticed it says that the extra fees and resort fees are not included, does the MCO Hyatt have additional fees? This is the first time we've done it this way as we generally go right to Disney. Figured I would spend some points this way instead of staying on property so it gives us a full first day.

I book by transferring Chase->Hyatt. I just stayed at Hyatt MCO Monday night and there are no associated fees. It's a very nice hotel to crash for a night after a late flight/before an early flight.

Positive DP for Barclays AA biz-
My husband called in because they only gave a $650 CL. I wanted to knock the MSR out with a mortgage payment. He simply asked if he could move some of his $12.5k CL from his Arrival+ to the AA biz card and they asked him how much and bumped it to 2k. He said all they asked was total income since he had the personal to move from. Sharing here since I believe a few others had low Barclyas biz limits!

Yes, that's Case Western Reserve! My dd is a bit of a nerd so it would suit her. She really liked it, but I'm not sure about the area. We both loved BU but her best shot at getting in is ED and she won't apply anywhere ED. GWU she also loved, but she's not keen on the fact that they don't have a student cafeteria. Apps have been submitted so it's a waiting game now.
This was one of dd's cons for GWU----that, and the huge freshman dorm with the possibility of having 5 roommates in a non-suite situation :scared1: (This was several years ago, so the dorm situation may have changed)

Positive DP for Barclays AA biz-
My husband called in because they only gave a $650 CL. I wanted to knock the MSR out with a mortgage payment. He simply asked if he could move some of his $12.5k CL from his Arrival+ to the AA biz card and they asked him how much and bumped it to 2k. He said all they asked was total income since he had the personal to move from. Sharing here since I believe a few others had low Barclyas biz limits!
Hey, same CL my dh got lol!

Yes. Idk why lol.

personal
‭(888) 338-2586‬
Biz
‭(800) 432-3117‬
I exclusively use the 1-800-432-3117 number. That is the automated status line for all Chase applications. When you call that number is it listing both applications? (I think it’s possibly you’ve been calling that other number and that her application cleared off of the normal status line weeks ago) 🤣

I don’t recall any resort type fees there from my cash stays. For point starts I compare the 12k Hyatt points to 1.5x UR thru the portal. Transferring to hyatt has won out for me each time.
I book by transferring Chase->Hyatt. I just stayed at Hyatt MCO Monday night and there are no associated fees. It's a very nice hotel to crash for a night after a late flight/before an early flight.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I would come out better moving the points to Hyatt but I am not sure I want to keep the room and if I did that I cannot get them back to Chase. I guess when I decide I can see about moving them and canceling this Chase one. I am just at 1.25 and it still cost 2k more points than direct with Hyatt. The arrival night was done by moving the points to Hyatt as Chase showed nothing available.

I exclusively use the 1-800-432-3117 number. That is the automated status line for all Chase applications. When you call that number is it listing both applications? (I think it’s possibly you’ve been calling that other number and that her application cleared off of the normal status line weeks ago) 🤣
The other number goes directly to checking status with no prompts at all. Until this morning, it was saying the app was still being reviewed and she'd be notified in 7-10 days. Once I put in the CIP app and was getting 30 days on the 'biz' line, I called the other just to see if it had dropped the one app off now and that's when it immediately wants to transfer after I put in her SSN. But yeah, you're probably right. It probably dropped off weeks ago :rotfl:

The area around Case has greatly improved since I graduated in 1985. I commuted for a year by light rail, and sometimes drove on weekends. My mom was always threatening to make me a dummy passenger to have in the car while driving through the east side of Cleveland!

This was one of dd's cons for GWU----that, and the huge freshman dorm with the possibility of having 5 roommates in a non-suite situation :scared1: (This was several years ago, so the dorm situation may have changed)
My DD did have 4 roommates in that big freshman dorm! They all slept in one room (3 singles and 1 bunk bed), and had their desks in the other room. There was weekly maid service to clean it. I think she studied in the library a lot. She graduated in 2012 so I dont know if it has changed either. It was a better housing situation after the first year. She was in the Elliott School of Intl Affairs, made a lot of great friends (played Ultimate Frisbee) and is still living in DC.

I live in Melbourne!
I knew you lived in the area but wasn't sure where. I bought a house in Sebastian in July :)
Troll
We rented a Volkswagen Atlas last weekend and loved it. Very smooth ride and roomy middle seat. We didn’t use the back seat so I can’t comment on that.
I really wanted an Atlas but they delayed rolling it out and they didn't have much of an inventory when they 1st started selling them I ended up buying a Grand Cherokee. I like all the safety features but I just never really feel comfortable in it. Can I ask where and who you rented through? I would love to rent it, it would be like an extended test drive.

The area around Case has greatly improved since I graduated in 1985. I commuted for a year by light rail, and sometimes drove on weekends. My mom was always threatening to make me a dummy passenger to have in the car while driving through the east side of Cleveland!

My DD did have 4 roommates in that big freshman dorm! They all slept in one room (3 singles and 1 bunk bed), and had their desks in the other room. There was weekly maid service to clean it. I think she studied in the library a lot. She graduated in 2012 so I dont know if it has changed either. It was a better housing situation after the first year. She was in the Elliott School of Intl Affairs, made a lot of great friends (played Ultimate Frisbee) and is still living in DC.

I really wanted DS to apply to Case. He really liked the school when we toured this summer, but he says he wants a school with more of a sports program to follow. Which is weird to me, because he is really not into sports now. I guess he thinks he will magically like them in college. I grew up on the east side of Cleveland, are you from that area?

I knew you lived in the area but wasn't sure where. I bought a house in Sebastian in July :)

Troll

I really wanted an Atlas but they delayed rolling it out and they didn't have much of an inventory when they 1st started selling them I ended up buying a Grand Cherokee. I like all the safety features but I just never really feel comfortable in it. Can I ask where and who you rented through? I would love to rent it, it would be like an extended test drive.
Alamo (at the Ft. Myers airport). It’s in the “premium crossover” category. I have two more reservations this year with them and really hope we get to drive it again!

I really wanted DS to apply to Case. He really liked the school when we toured this summer, but he says he wants a school with more of a sports program to follow. Which is weird to me, because he is really not into sports now. I guess he thinks he will magically like them in college. I grew up on the east side of Cleveland, are you from that area?
Sports Program...well two world collide here: The Case Western starting quarterback is a South Fayette graduate and he’s awesome! The football team is 6-0 And should easily qualify for the D-III football playoffs 😍 🤣

Granted I'm a sports fan, but as someone that when to a school that had gotten rid of their football team I do think I missed out. When I got my 2nd bachelors we had a football team and I did enjoy the one game I went to as a fan though it wasn't the same as it would have been. The other season I worked in the press box tracking player participation and stuff. I helped in the sports information office that semester which was fun.

Granted I'm a sports fan, but as someone that when to a school that had gotten rid of their football team I do think I missed out. When I got my 2nd bachelors we had a football team and I did enjoy the one game I went to as a fan though it wasn't the same as it would have been. The other season I worked in the press box tracking player participation and stuff. I helped in the sports information office that semester which was fun.
Oh wow, I was a Baylor 'diamond girl' and I got to help in the press box as well. It was so fun! I did it for three years and met several 'greats', including Nolan Ryan (who tried to fix me up with his son... 😆 ). It was a great experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!