I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this the other day but it bears repeating AGAIN... The Southwest Performance Business 80,000 Point Offer is STILL alive: (2 links that I know of)
If you thought you had missed out, you haven't yet! We REALLY think this offer is slated to expire at some point and decrease to the 70k offer currently showing on the main Chase website. I have no concerns over getting the 80k offer if you apply with these links but I would screenshot proof anyways (and I always screenshot proof of everything when I apply personally).

Good Luck if anybody still wants to pull the trigger! Nobody knows when these links may stop working.

I'm toying with buying three $300 Marriott gift cards to re-sell using Amex offers. Profit would only be about $10 each. Anyone considering this or have any thoughts?

i'm thinking about looking for the platicorn. can someone give me advise on how to recover that annual fee? i think the airline misc does not work as a gift card anymore?
$200 Uber, $200 airline (although that is a lot harder to use now) Breakfast and spa services at some hotel, Bonvoy and Hilton Gold, Saks. If I traveled or used Uber I might consider it, AMEX is tempting me everytime I log in with an upgrade offer.

Correct, AMEX killed off the airline credit as GC this year.

$200 Uber, $200 airline (although that is a lot harder to use now) Breakfast and spa services at some hotel, Bonvoy and Hilton Gold, Saks. If I traveled or used Uber I might consider it, AMEX is tempting me everytime I log in with an upgrade offer.

Correct, AMEX killed off the airline credit as GC this year.
I gave it a try with a $50 Delta GC just to see if I got lucky but a credit has not posted. I upgraded for my upcoming flight to MLB so my BFF and I could sit next to each other. One upgrade credited the other one did not.

Question on SW cards and when to apply for a CP. I swear I read up on dischurners but I am not sure my exact question was answered there. I'll apologize in advance if it was.

Planning strategy for 2021/2022 CP. I think I need to wait 24 months since last bonus on my SW card not since approval/application date. So if a bonus was awarded in my Feb 2019 statement, does that mean wait until March 2021 to apply? Also this applies to the exact same card, right? Since there is now a new biz card I could apply for that one in late 2019 and then (if allowing 2 biz is still around), apply for next biz in March 2021.

Ah good to hear! Looked at my two old personal cards and they had a # so I sent Chase a SM to confirm my RR number was attached to the account.
Mine was attached it showed my balance in the welcome email.

Question on SW cards and when to apply for a CP. I swear I read up on dischurners but I am not sure my exact question was answered there. I'll apologize in advance if it was.

Planning strategy for 2021/2022 CP. I think I need to wait 24 months since last bonus on my SW card not since approval/application date. So if a bonus was awarded in my Feb 2019 statement, does that mean wait until March 2021 to apply? Also this applies to the exact same card, right? Since there is now a new biz card I could apply for that one in late 2019 and then (if allowing 2 biz is still around), apply for next biz in March 2021.
If your bonus posted 2/19 then in 3/21 you should be safe as of now with it being 24 mo. As for the business currently there isn’t a rule but if things change it could lock you out from getting another its always changing. I’d just have a back up if you need it for 21/22

Air
Dh tends to think everything is worth what Disney wants to charge :sad2: I'm looking at your TR again right now!
...years ago my (extremely minimalist,non materialistic,live as cheap as possible) son described it best.... even tho he is as described in the parentheses,he grew up loving Disney trips with us.....
---his words - "Disney is the master at making you WANT to pay insane prices for the silliest things. And we still like it!" :rotfl2: I thought these were extremely wise words from a 15 year old kid.....

27c1db80cc489bc5fc4941115b492dca--disney-lion-king-the-lion-king.jpg

My UR balances have just gotten too large... Disney is not coming back... Cashing out at 1cpp is the best value for me...

View attachment 445300

Boyz II Men is playing in my head in the background...
giphy.gif

I like seeing a million URs in my account...but I'd probably like seeing money better...
giphy.gif

I get to the final screen...heart rate rising...the pressure, is it too much...just click the button!
1415914174499279757.gif
giphy.gif

I DID IT!!!!
View attachment 445302

giphy.gif

I DID IT GUYS...I finally brought myself to cash out 1 MILLION URs!!!
xfog66.gif

Ok @Lain - now you can't hound me anymore for HOARDING!! LOL!!! I ultimately plan to maintain a balance of around 300k URs at this point in case any travel needs pop up. Anytime my balance approaches 400k I plan to cash out in $1,000 increments to just keep it easy to track and assign in my spreadsheet.
:worship::worship::worship: I have nothing else to say

Last edited:
My dh never made coffee at home, until he tried his sisters Nespresso maker. Now we have one, and he has one each weekend day. We just had to restock, and spent a small fortune on pods last weekend. There are hotels that have Nespresso makers???
you know...my only experience with nespresso was from our Maui Marriott stay..... it had these icky little pods that tasted like hot chocolate mixed with instant coffee... am I missing something here, does it actually make real coffee too? I ended up just buying starbucks every morning instead b/c I didn't like it (at home I do a pour over of local coffee daily)

you know...my only experience with nespresso was from our Maui Marriott stay..... it had these icky little pods that tasted like hot chocolate mixed with instant coffee... am I missing something here, does it actually make real coffee too? I ended up just buying starbucks every morning instead b/c I didn't like it (at home I do a pour over of local coffee daily)
They have numerous different coffee pods to buy. Different flavors and strengths.

I'm not sure I'd give him credit enough to call him the devil but I do consider him a necessary (sorta, kinda) evil, so close enough. :)

Personally I think he and the sites under his umbrella aren't a bad resource tool, but just always, always, always take what they say with a grain of salt and find other corroborating sources when it comes to CC recommendations. Being in bed with the CC and other travel companies does get them advanced info and other insights, which is helpful, but it comes at a price. It generally means they hawk whatever card gets them the most commission at the time even if it's a terrible offer. And they really try to sell it like it's a great offer and you'd be silly not to go for it. Which what I think most take umbrage with. (Probably next egregious is all the click bait titles... nefarious, really??...)

I don't necessarily follow them either but they do come up in a lot of searches when I'm researching so I read their view and combine it with others. Then probably ask here what people's actual experiences have been. The blogs can only go so far off the letter of the law, so to speak, with what you can do with a card or benefit. People with experience can tell you what really happens in practice.

If anyone cares, here's my take on them from a question about what blogs do we follow:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-60840535

Thx for making me try to feel better! I try to read DOC about things that apply to me for sure but there’s a lot of stuff over there about bank account bonuses that I haven’t really dabbled in before.

If this isn’t the right place for this I apologize. Looking for suggestions about recommended plan for cards to target and in what order. I’m in two player mode with me taking charge of any cards for my spouse.

P1 (me): I’ll start with the current Chase cards I have along with credit limits and when it looks like I applied. Have the following: Ink Business Plus (March 2016; CL $2,500), Chase Freedom (October 2012; CL $5,000), Chase Freedom (May 2015; CL $5,000), Chase Amazon Prime (June 2015, CL $1,500). Looks like I am currently at 3/24 and it looks like come January 2020 I will be at 2/24. Currently working on SUB on Ink Business Unlimited that was opened this month.

P2 (spouse): Here’s the current Chase cards open in her name and when they were applied for. Have the following: Chase Ink Business Cash (October 2015; CL $9,000), Chase Ink Business Plus (March 2016; CL $2,500), Chase Freedom (January 2015; CL $1,500), Chase Amazon Prime (August 2017; CL $500). Just got done lowering some credit limits here in anticipation of another application. Still need to lower that Ink Business Cash limit.

Probably looking at targeting Disneyland as early as the beginning of June. Was debating WDW because I like the water parks and thought my kids would too and the resorts seem much more affordable that Disneyland, but my spouse thinks with our kids at 6 and 4 currently WDW might not be the best idea. Probably looking to as much cover lodging and ticket costs as possible if redemptions are a good value. Thought about the SW pass, but we’ve never flown and wasn’t sure if that would be a great idea since at best I think we would use it once per year if we did earn it (and I can’t seem to find how much child tickets are on Southwest). I don’t mind longer range suggestions either that would take past the current trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!