I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my husband.

Sent him the chart of DLPs FP stuff you can pay for... highest being unlimited during high season is about $170pp a day with the current exchange rate if I'm reading it right.

DH: I'd pay that.

🤦‍♀️

:rotfl:

Agree with @speedyfishy. Or stay club level if they still give you fps to use.

We used them when we were there the week before memorial day, great time to go, but there's not many rides that have fp to start with. It's not worth 170 imo. We were able to pull fp almost all day long but what really helped was using that extra magic hour the beginning of each day. That's when we'd ride Rat b2b walk on. We'd rope drop pirates cause it's not open for extra bit also never got a long line. Our longest lines were for characters.

Thanks for the tip! I confess I thought about that trick but I was short on time this morning (and feeling a bit too lazy) to go searching DoC's site for that link. So thanks again for pulling it up!

I'm showing that the new Marriott offer is available on multiple (of my Bonvoy) cards, but when I try to add it to my Brilliant to stack with another offer, I'm also getting the "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later" message.

Like @amalone1013, I will keep trying!

Same error here, will keep trying. This will be an awesome stack if it works. I have the spend $500 get $100 Bonvoy luxury brands on my Bonvoy biz. Our Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay stay is coming up. Will be 32% off if I can get it to exactly $500 lol.

Likewise. I got the Marriott offer on my Platinum and BBP, but not on my Bonvoy Brilliant where I've already added the Marriott luxury brands offer and hope to stack for my December stay at the Royal Hawaiian. I'll hold off on adding the Marriott offer for a few days to see if it gets targeted to the Bonvoy cards.
No Marriott offer on any of our cards. I guess that's better than having it on the wrong card... maybe it will magically show up on his Brilliant by Sunday lol.
Hey guys. There's a way to put the Amex offer onto the card (if it's a 3rd party card) you want. I read about it on DoC this year. I'm getting the "Sorry about that! It doesn't happen often, but offers are currently unavailable. Please try again later" message right now, but I was able to put a Marriott offer on my Brilliant card back in March.

Go to American Express Connect , pick your offer that you want and enter the details of the card you want to put it on. It's worth a shot if it doesn't show up on the card you want!
Right there with all of you - I'm at a Marriott all week next week (already have the $100 off $500 waiting to be used on my Bonvoy Biz). Would be super sweet if I could get the $100 off on my Brilliant. Tried adding it to my Brilliant. First it said "Go to your Amex account and add the offer there", then I tried a different card and it gave me the error you referenced. A little worried that this work around may be dead. I would be (almost as) happy to get it on any of my cards - I'd give up the bonvoy points to get $100 back on $300.

Fingers crossed that it magically shows up in the next week.

Agree with @speedyfishy. Or stay club level if they still give you fps to use.

We used them when we were there the week before memorial day, great time to go, but there's not many rides that have fp to start with. It's not worth 170 imo. We were able to pull fp almost all day long but what really helped was using that extra magic hour the beginning of each day. That's when we'd ride Rat b2b walk on. We'd rope drop pirates cause it's not open for extra bit also never got a long line. Our longest lines were for characters.
Dh tends to think everything is worth what Disney wants to charge :sad2: I'm looking at your TR again right now!

It has to be the weirdest financial site ever!! I could never figure it out either. I just always paid the highest balance. And then never touched the card again.
Seriously! I think I may close or cancel (whatever the term is) the employee card once I get the SUB. I really want to hold onto the JetBlue card for all the benefits so I should try to figure out how to pay it 🤣

This is my husband.

Sent him the chart of DLPs FP stuff you can pay for... highest being unlimited during high season is about $170pp a day with the current exchange rate if I'm reading it right.

🤦‍♀️

*Zack pulls out Platinum Amex*
I haven't discussed this with DH really and we're not locked down on dates so this is general research. But it would be on the table depending on budget-y things and points. But that doesn't get you any special FPs lol unless club level I believe...
Tell DH the price of CL, the response... "I'd pay that..."

I love it!!! 😍

This is my husband.

🤦‍♀️

Ooh! Where did you find that? When I checked for September I couldn't see anything. Not sure if we will go or not, but it something I'm considering for one day.

And LOL!

27c1db80cc489bc5fc4941115b492dca--disney-lion-king-the-lion-king.jpg

My UR balances have just gotten too large... Disney is not coming back... Cashing out at 1cpp is the best value for me...

Boyz II Men is playing in my head in the background...
giphy.gif

I like seeing a million URs in my account...but I'd probably like seeing money better...
giphy.gif

I get to the final screen...heart rate rising...the pressure, is it too much...just click the button!
1415914174499279757.gif
giphy.gif

I DID IT!!!!

giphy.gif

I DID IT GUYS...I finally brought myself to cash out 1 MILLION URs!!!
xfog66.gif

Ok @Lain - now you can't hound me anymore for HOARDING!! LOL!!! I ultimately plan to maintain a balance of around 300k URs at this point in case any travel needs pop up. Anytime my balance approaches 400k I plan to cash out in $1,000 increments to just keep it easy to track and assign in my spreadsheet.

Last edited:

My UR balances have just gotten too large... Disney is not coming back... Cashing out at 1cpp is the best value for me...

View attachment 445300

giphy.gif

I like seeing a million URs in my account...but I'd probably like seeing money better...
giphy.gif

I get to the final screen...heart rate rising...the pressure, is it too much...just click the button!
1415914174499279757.gif
giphy.gif

I DID IT!!!!
View attachment 445302

giphy.gif

xfog66.gif

Ok @Lain - now you can't hound me anymore for HOARDING!! LOL!!! I ultimately plan to maintain a balance of around 300k URs at this point in case any travel needs pop up. Anytime my balance approaches 400k I plan to cash out in $1,000 increments to just keep it easy to track and assign in my spreadsheet.

OMG!!! Wow! Our combined UR pool is rather low since we gutted it buying airline tickets. I can't even imagine on sitting on this much. That's a nice amount to cash out!

View attachment 445300

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1415914174499279757.gif
giphy.gif

I DID IT!!!!
View attachment 445302

giphy.gif

xfog66.gif

3dovdc.jpg

Amex retention department: 1-800-452-3945
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-us/fastpass/

That was the easy one to find. The hard one is I can never get the ticket page to load to price them out :confused3

Thank you. I couldn't get the ticket page to load and couldn't find the prices. I'm leaning towards one day there, and DH is thinking the time could be better spent elsewhere, so it will depend on what else we want to see and do, I guess. But if I could guarantee that the lines won't be bad, that would be a game changer. It was a mess when we went for one day several years ago.

Here is a DP on those with Delta Vacation reservations. We had a trip planned for Christmas and paid for the insurance - 3 roundtrip tickets and 2 nights in expensive hotel for $2,100. We ended up moving the dates up to last weekend and changing to 2 roundtrip tickets/2 nights in a cheap hotel (which we didn't use). They told over the phone that they would cancel the 1 unused roundtrip ticket and I would get a voucher for the difference. I called yesterday since I hadn't received a voucher and was told the voucher for $489 was mailed and should be here in a few days. So the tickets purchased at the last minute ending up around $633 each ($2,100 - $144 insurance - $489 voucher - $200 hotel/2). My ticket was $1,325 for the same flights! I will definitely be looking into booking through Delta Vacations again.

Thanks for sharing this. I'm curious why you kept 2 roundtrip tickets + 2 hotel nights that you aren't using. Why not cancel all? (Or maybe cancel 2 and keep 1?) The promo was a good deal and I'm hoping it comes back.

ETA: Or I could be reading wrong--maybe you only didn't use the hotel?

Last edited:

View attachment 445300

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1415914174499279757.gif
giphy.gif

I DID IT!!!!
View attachment 445302

giphy.gif

xfog66.gif

tumblr_m23d010ABl1qfow46.gif

THIS IS AMAZING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts