I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha from Aulani!

We made the best of the pool closures by spending most of yesterday afternoon going down the volcano vertical water slide, where we enjoyed the view up there of the sun setting.

ql3CMTF.jpg

iXDKCsJ.jpg

Then we switched over to the infinity pool when the slide closed at 6 to take in the beautiful colors just after sunset.

TJHPaQx.jpg

iruYB4F.jpg

6DYF2lP.jpg

And I walked out of our room this morning to this view.

OQx53If.jpg

Thanks for taking time out of your vacay! I really appreciate it.
So last time we I think did Storytellers at GCH but it was Chip and Dale, plus Pluto and one of the Bears. I love the hotel and restaurant, Craftsman is totally my style. Lol. I just wanted to eat there for the atmosphere. If they have Mickey now, I’m in.
We had Mickey beignets last time, but to-go and didn’t eat anything else at Cafe Orleans so I’ll add it to the list. We didn’t make it to either DL Hotel or Paradise Pier. I have heard Trader Sam’s has long lines, so that deterred us. The pupu platter sounds great. Gyoza/potstickers are in DSs top 5 favorite foods, so he’d be thrilled.

Yeah, the Storytellers character breakfast was re-themed last year. The food is about the same, but the Brother Bears are gone, and Mickey and Minnie are there with Pluto, Chip and Dale with a nature explorer theme.

Trader Sam’s has lines for indoor seating and when there’s a limited edition tiki mug release. We almost always have no wait for outdoor seating, which is relaxing, but won’t get you that kitschy atmosphere inside the bar and all the special effects. But hey, easy access to the Dole Whip counter!

I appreciate all the advice on AK cruises so far! Looks like we did identify one on NCL that works for us, so we are checking some details and may book today or.tomorrow for Aug 2020.

Someone mentioned you can book direct with the cruise line.and then transfer the booking to Chase to apply UR. Can anyone share details about how I would go about that? And tips or potential pitfalls?

@Lain thats the trip I am planning! What room and view category do you have?

We’re still paying rack rates (until I can convince DW to buy DVC 😂), but we’re in an Island Gardens view room this time. The last pic is not a pic of the view from our room, but the hallways near the elevators have floor to ceiling windows and cushy chairs to enjoy these wonderful views. I imagine you’d get these views with an Ocean view room. But there are lots of places around the resort with great views. This was from the 11th floor this morning. There are 16 floors. I’ll see if I can get a picture from our room balcony later this afternoon. We’re overlooking the resort homes around Ko Olina and the golf course, and a ridge of the Waianae mountains in the distance.

Last edited:

Someone mentioned you can book direct with the cruise line.and then transfer the booking to Chase to apply UR. Can anyone share details about how I would go about that? And tips or potential pitfalls?

Sadly, that’s no longer possible as of last year (August?).

I have a 25% off pb kids offer (up to $42.50 back) in my chase offers. DD wants new bedding from PB teen for Christmas. I'm going to swing by PB Kids and see if their gift cards can be used at PB Teen (I know the ones sold at Kroger can be used at most Williams Sonoma companies).

Ooh nice offer! I hope it works. PBTeen makes nice bedding - that's what DD took with her to college. :)

Ooh nice offer! I hope it works. PBTeen makes nice bedding - that's what DD took with her to college. :)
DD has had two different PB Teen duvets. I like the colors and the price is usually decent. This time she wanted all white with aqua tassles. Not my taste, but not my room:) DS also has a PB teen duvet (Washington Nationals). I'm pretty sure when DD goes to college she'll be taking PB Teen stuff.

I appreciate all the advice on AK cruises so far! Looks like we did identify one on NCL that works for us, so we are checking some details and may book today or.tomorrow for Aug 2020.

NCL has a 30 day transfer window.
https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/guest-reservation-transfer-faq
I'd call Chase cruise department first and get info from a rep. You need an agent name and phone number for the NCL form anyway. Some reps expect a payment at the time of transfer so booking with NCL first would only add complexity unless you had a specific goal for doing it. If you were wanting to hold off paying with UR you may need to HUCA.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...t-page-for-addl-details.3729982/post-61156268

Totally understood. Since I don't churn or MS I'm trying to get the max value out of the points I do earn. I do have 20k Delta points that are worthless to me. I'll never fly Delta again. I'm not sure what to do with them. I plan on closing that card as soon as AF posts.
You can redeem for 3rd party gift cards only while you have the credit card so look into that before getting rid of the card. You won’t get much but even $10 to Walmart is better than nothing.

So this was my rationale for using the approach of booking with RCCL and then transferring to Chase.

I have Arrival + points that I wanted to use to offset the cost of the cruise.

So...
step 1- booked with RCCL and put the deposit on my Arrival +
(Erased the $750 deposit with Arrival + points)

Step 2- called Chase Travel a couple of weeks later (RCCL allows you transfer until 60 days from booking) and said I wanted to transfer by RCCL booking to them. At this point, I was very clear with that I did NOT want to PIF until it was due. She said that they always require some sort of payment at time of transfer. I was again very clear that that was not the RCCL policy and that with previous reservations I did not need to do that. (This part I kind of made up about previous reservations but I do know that is how it works with other travel agencies.) She said she would need to check with her manager.

Step 3- Chase completed the transfer the next day and called to ask for payment. I reminded the TA that I wanted to pay when it was due in Dec and she work check with her supervisor.

step 4- TA called back to say that it was approved as a one-time courtesy.

If I had been denied the Dec payment, I would have just PIF at that time since I had the URs available. So be prepared to make payment, if needed. You only get one shot to pay with URs so you want to get the most bang for your URs. If I didn’t have the Arrival + points I wanted to use, it would have been cheaper to book directly via Chase and use URs for the full cost since I would have received 1.5x for using my CSR. So just something to keep in mind if you are planning to cover the deposit in another manner.

Any questions, please let me know.

I know this is CC, but you guys wonder a lot, 3k pages need I say more? Whats the best bank bonus right now? Need to open an account for something and figured I would hit a bonus doing it. I saw BoA had a $300 but looks like Chase presented an offer while signing up for the SW Biz card for $600 on a combined checking/savings account open. Only reason I ask is I don't want to open one that might hurt my SW CP process at this time. :rotfl2:
We are a chatty bunch :) But for bank bonuses go here https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-bank-account-bonuses/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!