I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AA hostage here. Nearly all of my domestic travel is on AA. We've also flown AA to Hawaii and back twice. Every time we go to NYC for a weekend it is on AA. Every time we go to DLR it is on AA. 95% of my positioning flights are on AA. The AA soft product will never compare favorably to the majority of the international airline companies. That's like comparing toilets in the USA to the toilets in Japan. Both do the job they were designed to do on a fundamental level. It isn't until you've experienced the toilets in Japan that you realize how substandard ours are and go back home feeling like a peasant. Same thing when we fly a legacy carrier in "first class" domestically. It's basically a slightly nicer toilet but still not anything like a Japanese toilet. So, if the reviews you are reading are from people comparing AA or any other USA based airline to an international airline then they are not comparing like to like. All 3 legacy carriers get awful reviews from what I've read. Personally, I've never had major issues with the 3. UA, AA, and DL have all changed my flight time or aircraft at one point or another. All 3 have had flight delays with UA more so than the other two. I just had a flight delay with AA yesterday. We took off an hour later than scheduled, but still arrived in Miami at the scheduled time, so there's that. I never expect my experience on a domestic carrier to be like the ones on the international carriers. That's like going to a public restroom here in the US and expecting the toilet lid to automatically open when you stand in front of it, the seat to be heated, play music or other sounds for your privacy, offer customized bidet options with the touch of a button and then to flush and clean itself automatically. Clearly, I am missing the fancy toilets after coming home LOL
Anywhere that actually has a toilet lid is miles above here, the rest of it was just showing off :laughing:
Had no real desire to go to Japan before but now you've piqued my interest just to visit the restrooms!

@elgerber I was on the regular site, not the app! It still shows as Delta One for me for those routes on their site, purple banner with the bed icon!
That is so bizarre!! I am on my desktop now, and when I search one way from Hon to RST, it is now pulling up two lie flat flights, but both are the one through Atlanta that I had already looked at, for an obscene amount of points. I am not seeing the ones you are seeing at all. It's also bizarre that it won't pull up flying to Atl to MSP without the RST destination, that makes no sense. It's so far out of the way to go at Atlanta first... still thinking.

Totally understood. Since I don't churn or MS I'm trying to get the max value out of the points I do earn. I do have 20k Delta points that are worthless to me. I'll never fly Delta again. I'm not sure what to do with them. I plan on closing that card as soon as AF posts.
Pretty sure they have a GC option to cash out for card holders, look into that before closing the card. I thought they might have had Disney as an option.

Also not trying to be negative I am really just not seeing anything. If anyone sees something I am missing I would gladly admit I am wrong 😜. Looking for MSP to Honolulu, lie flat for the longest part of the trip, max of one stop, Aug 28/29 to Sept 7th. Have SW miles and CP to position to a non stop to Honolulu but SW only flies direct from here to a few cities.
I am not good with this kind of stuff, but is United an option? I think they have flights from Chicago and MSP

the AA schedules are actually fine. First class from here to Dallas then lie flat to Honolulu but DH is worried about flying American and I haven’t found a lot of rave reviews to make him think otherwise.
I think someone could have a bad story about every airline out there. For us, it’s United. Flew RT to China. Flight there was fine, flight back was terrible. We were skipped for food service, I was yelled at for asking for hot water for baby formula, DH was kicked by flight attendant, plus it was a turbulent flight. But honestly if they had the seats I wanted for points or price I wanted, I’d fly United. We’ve flown AA multiple times in the past 5 years and never had a problem (to Orlando, California and Vancouver) but of course there are people who have had issues.

Yeah getting back is my issue. I have pretty much decided going to do the Delta non stop there, lie flat, and then will have to figure something else out for the return, probably the Hawaiian.
I also don't have any United points, and don't think I have enough elsewhere that would transfer and cover the flights.

thank you @miztressuz and @calypso726 for your positive words on AA, I greatly appreciate it and will pass it on to DH!

Sorry to take over so much conversation, I really really appreciate everyone and your input!!!!

Chase URs transfer 1:1 to United almost instantly (not sure if you have URs).

How about:
  • First Name: South
  • Middle Name: FayetteFan
I think it has a nice ring to it. I could even get little Southie his/her own Green Helmet... Think about it, you don't have to answer right now!
But isn’t that already one of your daughter’s names?😜
The only reason I wasn’t going to get it was because of the mushroom. I didn’t have any huge mushroom chunks so that was good. The white gravy they put in the risotto was sooo good!
So I haven’t had Disney risotto but generally there is no ‘gravy’. Risotto is a very starchy rice and you usually cook it with stock (like chicken or beef) and as you cook the rice gets soft and the starch helps make a sauce of sorts.
I was actually surprised to see you tried it, after some of the things you posted here that you don’t like. Good for you for trying new things!

Any Visa or MC gift card deals anywhere at the moment? I looked on DOC and didn't see anything, but I'm hoping I missed something and there's a deal somewhere...

Chase URs transfer 1:1 to United almost instantly (not sure if you have URs).
I do but not enough for two flights and I think I am going to use them for my Delta flights out to save but Delta miles as they are quite valuable to me and harder to replenish.

But isn’t that already one of your daughter’s names?😜

So I haven’t had Disney risotto but generally there is no ‘gravy’. Risotto is a very starchy rice and you usually cook it with stock (like chicken or beef) and as you cook the rice gets soft and the starch helps make a sauce of sorts.
I was actually surprised to see you tried it, after some of the things you posted here that you don’t like. Good for you for trying new things!
Lol I had no idea what it was. Dh called it gravy. It was a thick white sauce on the side of the risotto. I mainly just don’t like my food touching or mixed and I’m a big texture eater

Lol I had no idea what it was. Dh called it gravy. It was a thick white sauce on the side of the risotto. I mainly just don’t like my food touching or mixed and I’m a big texture eater
We have similar food issues/likes. Although the pickle and cream cheese thing scared me! I hate cream cheese.

No, Staples does not allow you to use their GCs to purchase other GCs but you can purchase the Disney GC directly to use the offer.
oh jeez, that's probably pretty obvious to 99.99% of the people here right! I will give this a try, thank you for your reply. I don't think I will sweat not getting the amex offers in the future, it's pretty apparent I need to stay in my swim lane.

If it was on the side maybe it was gravy. But risotto itself usually makes a creamy sauce coating the rice. I like all sorts of food and have forced myself to eat stuff until I tolerate it. Like okra has this sliminess, hated it but forced myself to eat it. I can’t say I love it, but now if it’s in a dish, I won’t pick it out.

I posted this before with no responses but need a little help with DLR planning.
I’d like to have 1 or 2 ADRs. DS is good with a character meal (no princesses) and wants Mickey and Pluto. Does Goofy’s have Mickey & Pluto?
Thoughts on parades? Any shows? We will likely do WOC dessert party, we did last time.
Must do’s? Tagging @Lain @gottalovepluto and @Albort for any help you can offer.

The only Character dining that I can think of that’ll get you Mickey and Pluto is Mickey’s Tales of Adventure breakfast buffet at Storytellers Cafe in the Grand Californian. You should also be able to meet Minnie, Chip and Dale, all dressed up in like they’re ready for a hike outdoors. (The characters also periodically lead a “parade” line around the restaurant.) Of the breakfast buffets, I like Storytellers best because the food selection is generally higher quality, Storytellers Cafe feels cozy like you’re in a lodge, and is much less chaotic than other venues like Goofy’s Kitchen and Plaza Inn.

As for parades, the Main Street Electrical Parade just wrapped up its limited run about two weeks ago so I don’t believe there are any nighttime parades. If they ever bring back Paint the Night, it is a must see! There is the afternoon Mickey and Friends cavalcade, but we don’t ever make it a point to see it and usually return to the hotel for swimming or some rest during that time. If you’re going during the holidays, there should be a holiday parade.

I highly recommend Disneyland’s version of Fantasmic - the Sailing Ship Columbia transformed into the Black Pearl, swashbuckling pirates, cannon fire, Sorcerer Mickey fighting a dragon, Mickey and all his friends on the Mark Twain! It’s just an epic show! (And hey, maybe take DS on a ride on the Columbia or Mark Twain earlier in the day, or even onto Tom Sawyer Island.)

We usually splurge on the Blue Bayou Fantasmic dining package, which gets you a prix fixe meal at the Blue Bayou. I think you mentioned your concern that it’s dark in there. It is, but the cool thing about dining in the Blue Bayou is you’re inside the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and if you’re close enough to the water you can see the boats passing by. Everyone in your party will get a foam seat cushion with a Fantasmic design on it. Blue Bayou will get you the best reserved seating area, on the ground along the walkway right in front of the Rivers of America and centered to Tom Sawyer Island where all the action happens, but prime spots up front are first come first claimed. But because those seat cushions are bulky, you may want to time any reservation closer to the 8 pm time to get seated for the 9 pm show, or around 10:00 pm for the second 10:30 showing, so you’re not lugging those cushions around for too long. If the Blue Bayou menu or price don’t appeal to you, the River Belle Terrace offers an upgraded dining package that seats you outside on the terrace overlooking the Rivers of America, where you can watch the show while you enjoy your dinner. You need to call into Disneyland Dining to book this package and I believe it’s for the first 9 pm showing only. Disneyland Dining can be booked 60 days out, and Fantasmic dining packages get booked up fast. Hungry Bear offers a dining package, but I don’t think their reserved area is very good and you might as well save your money and pull a Fastpass for Fantasmic. The crowds really thin out by the time the second showing runs at 10:30, so you should be able to get a good view then even without spending a lot of money on dining packages.

Last edited:
Anyone know if I get DLR tickets from UCT, can I add Maxpass at the gate?

Link your tickets to the DLR app and then you can purchase MaxPass through the app for the day as soon as you’re scanned in at the turnstile. It’ll charge to the credit card linked to your Disney account. There’s no way that I’m aware of to pay for MaxPass with a Disney GC on the app. You may be able to at a ticket booth, but that’s going to take up precious morning park time.

Used my bofa deal at michaels. Got an email about thr michaels offer already, hoping that extra 10% for retail today tracks as well but there wasn't anything about it.

@DisneyMandC were you able to use yours? Did you get anything about the extra% off?

Used my BoA at Rite aid hoping for the double cash as well.

Were not big ADR people even in WDW. Last time we did a late breakfast at Storyteller’s in GCH. I think Blue Bayou is too much $$. We did have beignets at Cafe Orleans but that’s it. But there’s so much yummy food even without ADRs.

This is us too trying to figure out a couple nice places to eat at DLR. Esp that we will only be there a couple of days.

I know this is CC, but you guys wonder a lot, 3k pages need I say more? Whats the best bank bonus right now? Need to open an account for something and figured I would hit a bonus doing it. I saw BoA had a $300 but looks like Chase presented an offer while signing up for the SW Biz card for $600 on a combined checking/savings account open. Only reason I ask is I don't want to open one that might hurt my SW CP process at this time. :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!