I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 25% off pb kids offer (up to $42.50 back) in my chase offers. DD wants new bedding from PB teen for Christmas. I'm going to swing by PB Kids and see if their gift cards can be used at PB Teen (I know the ones sold at Kroger can be used at most Williams Sonoma companies).
Off to check by offers. I have a HP comforter I have been eyeing. If you don’t mind reporting back...

OK, Delta has thoroughly annoyed me today. If anyone remembers I was asking about booking lie flat through Chase UR portal the other day, and making sure their business class was indeed Delta Lie flat (after calling Delta, confirmed yes it is). So I have been watching daily, waiting for the day our return flight opens to see if they are still offering them roundtrip. As of last night they were, I could have booked round trip, non stop, lie flat 8/29-9/5. Today there are NO non stop lie flat flights at all for the return flights in September. They don't exist. WTH? What if I would have booked that flight, what would have happened then?
I know we all are on board the Graavy train, how many actually use them for flights? They are the next best, and almost only other option we have, but dh says he has heard only bad things about AA. Kenny Wallace of Nascar (dh is a big Nascar fan) had a bad experience and twitter war with them. So I thought I'd see here how you guys feel about them?
It appears part of the issue is that DL is starting to refurb a bunch of their 767s. Have you looked into UA out of ORD or DEN? Supposedly both of those offer lie flat options, and it's not like there is a shortage of flights from MSP to either.

thatnks- this still leaves my question about EP...say we have a large family group, and I have EP for 5 souls..... can we share those room cards among us as needed? Like I can hand the card (I should get 5) to my bro,who can use it to ride,etc? This way we can share the love a little among our group....

They take your picture at most of the rides for EP, I assume they're using that to make sure the correct person is using it, but I've never really tested that. You might want to ask on the Universal part if the boards to find out for sure though...

I have an amex/Delta offer $25 back on $100 at Staples.com. Can I buy a Staples GC and use that for a Disney GC?

See? Trying new things is good! It's just a short grain starchy rice with yummy things added in. Most of the risotto I've tried has been delicious. I could just order that LOL. The soup there is sooooo good, though, so I tend to get that.
The only reason I wasn’t going to get it was because of the mushroom. I didn’t have any huge mushroom chunks so that was good. The white gravy they put in the risotto was sooo good! The cheese soup was really filling. Dh and I shared and normally I would’ve never been able to eat that and my meal but you know different circumstances lol.

I have a 25% off pb kids offer (up to $42.50 back) in my chase offers. DD wants new bedding from PB teen for Christmas. I'm going to swing by PB Kids and see if their gift cards can be used at PB Teen (I know the ones sold at Kroger can be used at most Williams Sonoma companies).
Dang I could’ve used that but we don’t have it on our CF

Does anyone know if you can bring pets into Priority Pass lounges? Traveling with my bosses and their cav puppies in November and will be flying jet blue out of mco.

From one article i read previously, they don’t fly lie flat to Hawaii after the end of August, at least in 2019. I had just thought maybe they had changed it for 2020 but clearly not. I’m irked that they had the flight up at first because I chose not to use the MR transfer bonus to Hawaiian Air for an extra 25% that ended on Monday. And I guess irked by DH and his shooting down American Airlines 😜😜
I'm looking and seeing a UA 777-200 with what looks like lie flat to me in United First from ORD-HNL. I was looking for a Sep1-8, 2020 itinerary. Plenty of availability to get there, not finding much to get back that isn't HNL-SFO-EWR-MSP

Thanks to all you welcomed me to his thread.. It really moves fast!!!! One quick question... how does all this churning credit cards affect your FICO score??
Mine has pretty much stayed in the same range...if I let a personal card close with a high balance it may drop a few points...but it goes back up the next month

Last edited:
OK, Delta has thoroughly annoyed me today. If anyone remembers I was asking about booking lie flat through Chase UR portal the other day, and making sure their business class was indeed Delta Lie flat (after calling Delta, confirmed yes it is). So I have been watching daily, waiting for the day our return flight opens to see if they are still offering them roundtrip. As of last night they were, I could have booked round trip, non stop, lie flat 8/29-9/5. Today there are NO non stop lie flat flights at all for the return flights in September. They don't exist. WTH? What if I would have booked that flight, what would have happened then?
I know we all are on board the Graavy train, how many actually use them for flights? They are the next best, and almost only other option we have, but dh says he has heard only bad things about AA. Kenny Wallace of Nascar (dh is a big Nascar fan) had a bad experience and twitter war with them. So I thought I'd see here how you guys feel about them?

I haven't had any problems with them, knock on LOTS of wood, so they're our alternate airline when we can't fly SW. We were US Air people before so we're stuck with AA now, but I think most of my experience has been on US Air routes so it hadn't really changed much. I think American's problem is, when they screw up they really screw it up. When they don't screw up, it's just a flight that meets expectations so you don't hear much outside of the screwups. I know way, way back they had a reputation for delays which gave a bigger chance of a screw up so I knew many people who would avoid them. But most of that came pre-merger and I think they cleaned up some.

I wouldn't have a problem booking it, but I'd do my research on the on-time percentage of your flights and figure out what the alternates would be for missed connections and if that'd be acceptable. And also be prepared for flight time changes, they seem to like to play around with departure times. Ours changed 3 times but it in the end it was only a 20 minute difference - but there are stories of much longer changes out there. This is also where finding an alternate flight is good because if it changes past a certain time you can change the flight for free. In fact, even with only the 20 minute changes on my flights I could have changed it but they didn't have 2 seats available for us. This has worked to some people advantage (and others can just get screwed). This doesn't seem to be a unique issue with AA but my understanding is they have one of the better policies for changes when it does.

I think there's been twitter/social media wars with every major airline for something, none of them get it 100% right 100% of the time. United breaks guitars (and apparently faces...) and I remember something about Delta coming up too and even Southwest, which has almost a cult following, manages to make news for goof ups. There's a chance for a bad experience on every airline, even if we all love it. I think it's pretty even across the thread here that there's "fans" for every major so they can't all be that bad all the time.

I got them a doll house 2 years ago. They have all the stuff that's out there. Large, extended family plus hand me downs on top of that as daughters best friend had kids a couple years before her. We have a set of tricycles at their house and another at mine. It's really getting to be too much stuff, but at their age they have to have things to open.
They love baby dolls also.
If they just have tricycles, then they could go up to actual bicycles.

how about a swinget or trampoline?

the AA schedules are actually fine. First class from here to Dallas then lie flat to Honolulu but DH is worried about flying American and I haven’t found a lot of rave reviews to make him think otherwise.

AA hostage here. Nearly all of my domestic travel is on AA. We've also flown AA to Hawaii and back twice. Every time we go to NYC for a weekend it is on AA. Every time we go to DLR it is on AA. 95% of my positioning flights are on AA. The AA soft product will never compare favorably to the majority of the international airline companies. That's like comparing toilets in the USA to the toilets in Japan. Both do the job they were designed to do on a fundamental level. It isn't until you've experienced the toilets in Japan that you realize how substandard ours are and go back home feeling like a peasant. Same thing when we fly a legacy carrier in "first class" domestically. It's basically a slightly nicer toilet but still not anything like a Japanese toilet. So, if the reviews you are reading are from people comparing AA or any other USA based airline to an international airline then they are not comparing like to like. All 3 legacy carriers get awful reviews from what I've read. Personally, I've never had major issues with the 3. UA, AA, and DL have all changed my flight time or aircraft at one point or another. All 3 have had flight delays with UA more so than the other two. I just had a flight delay with AA yesterday. We took off an hour later than scheduled, but still arrived in Miami at the scheduled time, so there's that. I never expect my experience on a domestic carrier to be like the ones on the international carriers. That's like going to a public restroom here in the US and expecting the toilet lid to automatically open when you stand in front of it, the seat to be heated, play music or other sounds for your privacy, offer customized bidet options with the touch of a button and then to flush and clean itself automatically. Clearly, I am missing the fancy toilets after coming home LOL

Thanks to all you welcomed me to his thread.. It really moves fast!!!! One quick question... how does all this churning credit cards affect your FICO score??
This is really going to depend on where your score is now and your factors in it. But if you do it properly, your score should stay the same or even increase over the long term. You might get short term decreases as inquiries and new accounts hit but should go back to normal after a few months.

How mine is I get small blips of 10 points or less - which was about the same as before I started - that generally recovers the next month. My hubby doesn't have all the same factors going into his so he gets a larger swing but corrects after a few months. We both have pretty high scores and established long term accounts to begin with so haven't dipped below 800 yet. If you have a shorter credit history there might be more of a swing or longer recovery time.

Getting more credit can actually help your score as it can potentially lower your utilization rate which improves your score. As long as you continue to pay the balances on time and keep a low utilization, this hobby should be positive to it. (And since you want to pay everything off monthly anyway to avoid the interest that negates the rewards, most people in this hobby only get better scores out of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts