I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We would have to rework by weeks. Believe it or not none of those cities have lie flat which is what we really wanted for this splurge and we really want to be there for our actual anniversary. I can still get there non stop lie flat I just have to find a new way home, I will make something work.
part of my desire for lie flat is I have major issues with leg swelling on flights so that will help a lot.

I get that. I don't generally do lie-flat to Hawaii since it's only 5 hours for us, but I do for Europe which is 12+. There are tons of flights through LAX and SFO. Would any of them work for the return. If you really want to take that Delta flight there I'd grab it while it's still available. Reward seats disappear quickly. I really hope you find something that works.

Hello credit card peeps! Looooong time, no see. After a busy summer when I took a break from new cards because I just didn't have time to think about it, I'm ready to get back to it. I still don't really have time to think about it, but I also don't have any trips booked for next year yet!

We want to do Universal for February break, which I've realized is only 4 months away so I need to get on it. Both grandmothers are also coming along, so it's a little more coordinating to do than if it was just the 4 of us. I read through the last few pages and caught some discussion of Universal, but have questions...

What's the deal with using AA miles to book Universal? I also have UR points I could use, but I find those more valuable so not sure I want to use them for this if there are other options.

I also need to decide which card(s) to go for next. DW & I are both 4/24, but one of hers is dropping off next month. We both have or have had pretty much all the Chase UR cards so I can't decide what to get next. I'm contemplating trying for the CapOne Venture. I know it's hard to get but I haven't gotten a new card since April and for her it's been even longer. And I could use the miles from that to offset the Universal hotel since they aren't part of another loyalty program. I'll come back and post a full list of our cards tomorrow, I don't have my spreadsheet handy right now. But any preliminary thoughts are appreciated!

I get that. I don't generally do lie-flat to Hawaii since it's only 5 hours for us, but I do for Europe which is 12+. There are tons of flights through LAX and SFO. Would any of them work for the return. If you really want to take that Delta flight there I'd grab it while it's still available. Reward seats disappear quickly. I really hope you find something that works.
They aren’t that easy to get to from MSP either, but I would gladly look. Maybe I am searching wrong but I don’t see much for lie flat non stop from those cities either? I have never ever flown that way so this is all new to me.

I have major issues with leg swelling on flights so that will help a lot

I have nothing to help with your flights (sorry!) but compression stockings are amazing for long haul flights (and I’ve done them all in coach/economy). I picked mine up at Walgreens but they sell them lots of places including Amazon. I’m fine for 4-6 hr flights but anything longer and I wear them.

I have nothing to help with your flights (sorry!) but compression stockings are amazing for long haul flights (and I’ve done them all in coach/economy). I picked mine up at Walgreens but they sell them lots of places including Amazon. I’m fine for 4-6 hr flights but anything longer and I wear them.
I do have some. Wore them to and from the UK and bought sheer ones to wear from Orlando last month, since I had the worst swelling ever on my August Disney trip.

They aren’t that easy to get to from MSP either, but I would gladly look. Maybe I am searching wrong but I don’t see much for lie flat non stop from those cities either? I have never ever flown that way so this is all new to me.

I wish I could be more helpful. How are you searching for lie-flat seats? I don't know how to do it other than to look at each flight, then check out each plane online which is a pain. I haven't flown lie flat in the US much (Jet Blue Mint is fantastic, BTW) so I'm not good at finding it. I have had swelling issues as well, and the lie flat seats really do help.

@elgerber so I looked for awhile and whats truly bizare is there is availbility in Delta One for lie flight from Rochester to HL connecting through MSP on your dates

Maybe pull those up online and see if they will let you book just the MSP-LAX-HNL? Or are you good with RST-MSP-LAX-HNL? This was the best option I could find all in delta one!

Most of what I am finding for your dates would require a positioning flight on SW PLUS a layover on delta (eg- you could position SW from MSP to DEN and then flight in Delta One from DEN to SLC to HNL).

Haha you’re more than welcome to suggest names. We have a good list and if it’s a boy I’m pretty sure we know our choice. I don’t mind hearing new names though!
How about:
  • First Name: South
  • Middle Name: FayetteFan
I think it has a nice ring to it. I could even get little Southie his/her own Green Helmet... Think about it, you don't have to answer right now!

@calypso726 passed on some pointers a long time ago regarding finding and booking lie flat flights, she went through DFW on AA I think and when I was looking at those options it was the same situation connecting through DFW or possibly Phoenix but it sounds like the schedules are pretty fluid (sadly as you found out). TPG has some additional info available including some schedule info here
https://thepointsguy.com/news/fly-aa-best-biz-seats-domestically/The two times I have gone to Aulani we flew out of ORD for non-stop flights on United. On the positive side the airfare to HI has been crazy cheap lately.

Last edited:
I have a 25% off pb kids offer (up to $42.50 back) in my chase offers. DD wants new bedding from PB teen for Christmas. I'm going to swing by PB Kids and see if their gift cards can be used at PB Teen (I know the ones sold at Kroger can be used at most Williams Sonoma companies).

I need to step away from the iPad. I love, love, love Xmas. I have a hard time not buying ALL the decorations. I was just checking my order status on amazon and saw a groot holiday Funko. Of course, I need that Amazon. And if I’m getting Groot, I might as well get the 4 pack with Deadpool, Spiderman, and Hulk right? (Big Marvel fans in this house)
Purchase made. Still eyeing the Dwight elf and Darth Vader. Must stay away.
89D77632-0E8C-4739-9039-C99FF2B42118.png

I think AA have the best value when used for flights. I don’t think I’d ever use AA miles for a room unless I just had a whole bunch of them.
hmmm. I've only used aa miles once for flights....

Since that Sunday is Easter I think that whole long weekend (Fri-Mon) will be busy and benefit from express pass.
thatnks- this still leaves my question about EP...say we have a large family group, and I have EP for 5 souls..... can we share those room cards among us as needed? Like I can hand the card (I should get 5) to my bro,who can use it to ride,etc? This way we can share the love a little among our group....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!