I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t wait to get a big steak!! Oh and some cheese soup! What do you like there?
The cheese soup and pretzel bread combined are delicious! I always get extra pretzel bread. I love the filet/risotto combo and also enjoy the Rib-Eye. The poutine is also good, but I haven't had it in years (getting it again in December!). The types of poutine can change from time to time. I also like the creamed spinach as an extra. The maple pecan tart is probably my favorite dessert, but there is a kids chocolate mousse dessert that is adorable! The ice wine flight is also fun, but pricey for what you get IMO (which happens a lot at Disney, but YOLO) LOL

Is it a biz card? Add an employee and request to expedite?? LOL!

It is. I wish I could have done it. This is a last minute deal and literally got the go ahead to book the trip and did so within the hour. :( Oh, and the next trip was booked under the old org, so we get nothing at all for that one. He doesn't travel much for work at all (that was part of the reason for taking this job) so we just weren't prepared when this thing came up.

Does the pretzel bread come with the soup like it does at f&w? $12 seems like a lot for soup. I was eyeing the New York strip. I doubt we’ll eat at yachtsman. That’s too expensive for us
Pretzel bread is one of the free breads that come with the table. There are two other kinds, but the pretzel bread is warm and soft on the inside. It is much better in the restaurant than from the booth IMO. I never had the NY strip there!

Dh and I are going to Epcot on Saturday to eat at Le Cellier for the first time! We’re gonna try using our AP gcs again. We’re both really excited because we normally wouldn’t eat there but our meal will be almost free

omg le Cellier is the best.

I can’t wait to get a big steak!! Oh and some cheese soup! What do you like there?
The soup is a must. I normally do the ribeye or we share the porterhouse. The filet is good too though.

Does the pretzel bread come with the soup like it does at f&w? $12 seems like a lot for soup. I was eyeing the New York strip. I doubt we’ll eat at yachtsman. That’s too expensive for us
Bread is free. You don’t need to order soup to get the pretzel bread and you can ask for more bread if you want. I always ask for more pretzel bread.

It came to the table, no matter what we ordered (granted it's been 2 years since we ate there, but it was always just something they brought to the table). I love pretzel bread - our hotel in Oslo served it before meals, too, and it was all warm and soooo delicious.

I hear you on Yachtsman. I don't usually worry too much about the meal prices at WDW when we are on vacation, since we don't go often, but that one made me think twice and I haven't ever booked it. I like food, but I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a meal. I'd rather spend it on something else, probably travel. ;)

A couple of months ago I opened a new Memory Savings acct (after closing my old one awhile back) to fund with a CC for $1k. Does anyone know if I can open more of them and fund them also with a CC?
First time dipping into bank account funding to meet MSR...

Is it as easy as paying off your CC with the deposit on your new account then closing it? Or am I missing something?

Yes. But careful since Money Market now has rules and fees.
Cool thanks. I don’t mind leaving $1k in there for awhile, the rate is good.
We have done Yachtsman twice. Last time was last year and it was on DH birthday. I have a pic of the bill, it was $298.17 before tip but that included a $35 cake. But DD only had two sides and no steak 😜. But it was wonderful.

The cheese soup and pretzel bread combined are delicious! I always get extra pretzel bread. I love the filet/risotto combo and also enjoy the Rib-Eye. The poutine is also good, but I haven't had it in years (getting it again in December!). The types of poutine can change from time to time. I also like the creamed spinach as an extra. The maple pecan tart is probably my favorite dessert, but there is a kids chocolate mousse dessert that is adorable! The ice wine flight is also fun, but pricey for what you get IMO (which happens a lot at Disney, but YOLO) LOL

mmm...poutine.

Thanks guys. I was actually out of town at a gig when it happened so it was crazy to hear about it over the phone. I got a text from my wife that literally said. "Ran my arm over with my car. Car is wrecked. Ouch" with a picture of her in the back of an ambulance (she does have a great sense of humor). She had gotten all the way out of the car to see what she hit and it was going to quickly for her to jump in so she tried to dive in to push the break with her hand. The door knocked her over and the tire went over her arm. Our kids were in the back of the car. DD8 jumped out while the car was in reverse and turning towards the house (DD10 stayed in the car til it hit the tree). So yeah. This could have gone worse in so many ways and we are counting our blessings. We are so grateful things turned out the way they did. I hope my previous message about the MSR didn't make me seem like an insensitive selfish jerk. She was actually excited yesterday to bring up the points and meeting MSRs were as a silver lining. She is amazing and besides a sore and very black and blue arm things are kind of back to normal already.
OMG, when you add the extra details you were so lucky! How terrifying for all of them. Hopefully they have recovered and it will be a good lessons learned for your DDs and not just horrifying childhood memory. They definitely will have the wildest story to retell. Hope your wife is feeling better.

DH's employer sort of changed (2 branches, one org, and his department had to move) which messed up our health insurance... BUT now they want him to put his travel on his ccards and they will reimburse him, so that's the good news. The bad news is that they won't let him use my ccard and I'm the one with the current MSR. Oh well. You win some, you lose some I guess. Looks like he's going to get a bunch of URs, MRs, and Hilton points next week.

How are they going to know what CC he used? Does he have to show the CC statement or just the receipts? I just have to show receipts, not my CC statement (which I probably would not want to).

First time dipping into bank account funding to meet MSR...

Is it as easy as paying off your CC with the deposit on your new account then closing it? Or am I missing something?
I pay from a different account than I fund with. Sometimes funding won’t count towards MSR so do your research first. Sometimes funding will code as a cash advance which will screw your math over with ridiculous APRs so do your research (DoC is good for that stat). Basically: it’s a nice option but it has some big pitfalls if you don’t take the time to research it out. Also you can’t just close the account or you could get charged an early closure fee so you need to know how you’ll handle fees on the account before you open it.

I"m getting ready to go for the SW CP! I'm going to try for a business card first - my question is on the number of business cards that are ok. I currently have 2 Chase Business Cards that I got in January and May of this year.

Am I ok going for another business? I know it's been over the standard 3 months, but is it ok to go for 3 in one year?

Also deciding between the 2 business cards. I think I'm leaning toward the Performance Business because of the additional points as well as some of the other benefits. We don't normally get wifi, but would be kind of fun to have on some of our flights..

Thanks for any thoughts on any of this!

My Dad is also still considering the shot, despite having lived through my Mom having it. I told him if he’s interested in it when he picks his insurance stuff he should check if any of them cover Shingrix because I was reading it can expensive if insurance doesn’t cover it.

This reminds me- can someone help me a bit? My health insurance for next year went from 40% to 0% coinsurance, price didn’t change and it’s a cheapo plan, deductible went up about $1k. I think this means I don’t pay anything after hitting the deductible but that sounds good and I’ve literally never had my insurance get better. I feel like there is a catch I’m not seeing? Seriously my insurance has only ever gotten worse or gotten worse + more expensive so I’m really confused. (I SO don’t want to turn this political so I thought I’d ask my DIS peeps here instead of in its own thread lol.)

Check your required copays and if there have been any changes to your medication coverage or in-network providers, but that does sound pretty good. DH has a plan off the exchange with a $0 deductible but has to pay a copay for every doctor's visit, lab test, imaging, etc., every time up to the $7k out of pocket limit. His plan is more expensive so the copays are more manageable but I did see cheaper plans that had lower premiums but much higher copays - I want to say like $100 per doctors office visit. So you will want to watch out that they are not hiking up those copays to account for dropping the coinsurance, or dropping a lot of providers, or cutting prescription coverage.

I pay from a different account than I fund with. Sometimes funding won’t count towards MSR so do your research first. Sometimes funding will code as a cash advance which will screw your math over with ridiculous APRs so do your research (DoC is good for that stat). Basically: it’s a nice option but it has some big pitfalls if you don’t take the time to research it out. Also you can’t just close the account or you could get charged an early closure fee so you need to know how you’ll handle fees on the account before you open it.
Thanks a bunch!

I've been checking out DOC's list on bank account funding. I do have money I could hold in there, although I'd like to have options if worse comes to worse. I'm sure I could hit the 5k MSR on the SW when I get it on every day spend (planning to apply tomorrow), but this seems like a great last resort to hit it if I somehow can't. My monthly spending has been low lately to stash more into my savings.

Thanks a bunch!

I've been checking out DOC's list on bank account funding. I do have money I could hold in there, although I'd like to have options if worse comes to worse. I'm sure I could hit the 5k MSR on the SW when I get it on every day spend (planning to apply tomorrow), but this seems like a great last resort to hit it if I somehow can't. My monthly spending has been low lately to stash more into my savings.
You have your priorities straight! Yes, bank funding a nice last resort. Also pre-paying things like phone, internet, utilities are options.

I"m getting ready to go for the SW CP! I'm going to try for a business card first - my question is on the number of business cards that are ok. I currently have 2 Chase Business Cards that I got in January and May of this year.

Am I ok going for another business? I know it's been over the standard 3 months, but is it ok to go for 3 in one year?

Also deciding between the 2 business cards. I think I'm leaning toward the Performance Business because of the additional points as well as some of the other benefits. We don't normally get wifi, but would be kind of fun to have on some of our flights..

Thanks for any thoughts on any of this!
You are totally fine going for another Chase Business. I recently had five and others even more than that. You just want to make sure your credit lines have been reduced to be under 50% of household income. I would go for the Performance first with the big 80,000 SUB as who knows what the it will be after next week. The other has been at 60,000 for quite a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts