I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow up here... Somebody on Reddit chatted with Plastiq because the FFDs they had BEFORE this promo were missing. It’s a known glitch so I’d just give it a day or 2 and hopefully it will resolve itself :D

Oh yeah, same for me. "Paul" at Plastiq told me that his display didn't show any FFDs either but that the "engineers are working on it right now." I took a screenshot of my FFDs a few days ago, so I have digital proof if necessary. But I agree, it should all revert to what it should be soon.

I haven’t had the flu in idk how many years. I remember having it bad one year during Christmas time when I was a kid. Dh gets it every year from work and last year he did get the flu.
The actual flu, influenza A or B, will knock you on your butt for 5-7 days, there is no 24 hour version. I had it a few years ago when DS was 5. It took all the energy I had to drag myself to the door when another mom dropped DS off from school. I missed a week of work and had a fever for 5 days.
My employer makes flu shots mandatory (a while back a particularly bad flu year saw > 40% call off rate for flu incidents) but this year is telling us the vaccine is in short supply and they can’t get enough to vaccinate all employees so we should get it on our own if possible. I’m more than willing to get the flu vax but if it’s mandatory, they can pay for it. There’s enough other stuff they require that I have to pay for.
I have to go for a checkup at the doctor next week and I know she's going to give me hell about getting a flu shot. I'm not an anti-vaxxer by any means, but after getting a terrible flu for the third year in a row with the flu shot, I swore it off. My doctor also won't prescribe Tamiflu to anyone for some bizarre reason though. I was glad she told me that in passing, because at least I know if I do get it, I'll just go to Better Med and get them to write it.
Many doctors feel the risks and side effects outweigh the benefit of cutting off 1-2 days of illness. Plus if you aren’t diagnosed quickly enough, it doesn’t work so you wouldn’t qualify.
I'm curious which oils you use. I used to believe that things like supplements and essential oils were not "real medicine" but then a few years ago my opthalmologist recommended krill oil for an eye condition and I can absolutely tell that it works, so now I am much more open to those things.
Krill oil is omega 3 fatty acids, not an essential oil. Just so you know.

The actual flu, influenza A or B, will knock you on your butt for 5-7 days, there is no 24 hour version. I had it a few years ago when DS was 5. It took all the energy I had to drag myself to the door when another mom dropped DS off from school. I missed a week of work and had a fever for 5 days.
My employer makes flu shots mandatory (a while back a particularly bad flu year saw > 40% call off rate for flu incidents) but this year is telling us the vaccine is in short supply and they can’t get enough to vaccinate all employees so we should get it on our own if possible. I’m more than willing to get the flu vax but if it’s mandatory, they can pay for it. There’s enough other stuff they require that I have to pay for.

Many doctors feel the risks and side effects outweigh the benefit of cutting off 1-2 days of illness. Plus if you aren’t diagnosed quickly enough, it doesn’t work so you wouldn’t qualify.

I had the flu last year- flu A on a flu swab. With the flu shot and tamiflu I was better in 72 hours. I also have to get a flu shot every year for work, but I swear tamiflu works. I’ve also had the same expertise with my kids- the older one got the flu and I didn’t realize at first what it was, by the time I took him it was too late for tamiflu. 5 days of fever, not fully better for a week. Then my little one got a fever and since she’s prone to wheezing I took her to the dr immediately- she got tamiflu and only had a fever for 2 days and was basically back to normal in 4.

I think people confuse the flu with the common cold, since sometimes you really can't tell the difference without testing. Last winter (or maybe 2 winters ago???) we all got hit really hard with what felt like the flu, complete with fever and aches. DH took one for the team and let them swab him, and it wasn't the flu. I then refused to let them swab me. :rotfl: But seriously this thing took us all out for over a week, one of us a healthy 20 year old. So not everything that feels like the flu is.

Oh, and we all get the flu shot every year. Healthy people don't often understand how much herd immunity really matters.

I just got flu shot in one arm and shingles shot in the other. Double soreness! Yes, I am that old to qualify for shingles shot.....

Wow! I needed both and my doctor's office said to not get them in the same day, so I just got the flu shot last week. That means more driving for me. :sad2: I'll likely get the second Shingrex dose (had the first a few months ago) in a week. I hope you do well with them both. The Shingrex one just gave me a sore arm, but other people have told me they didn't feel well for a couple of days. Small price to pay to avoid Shingles, though, since from what I hear it's really awful.

Last edited:

Will they reimburse you if you do it somewhere else? They should if it’s mandatory

Yup, probably a placebo effect, but whatever. I actually just stopped by Kroger and grabbed a bottle of Emergen C gummies before I got to work. As soon as I sat down in my office, my boss walked up and I could tell he was sick as soon as he started talking. I made him take a gummy. My best friend has it too and I was with her for several hours on Saturday. Really hoping I avoid it, we leave for Ohio next Thursday and I really don't want to be sick on that trip.

I swear by my elderberry supplement. DH was making fun of me a little last year for taking it. But after his 3rd cold and me not getting sick at all, he started taking it too. :)

Wow! I needed both and my doctor's office said to not get them in the same day, so I just got the flu shot last week. That means more driving for me. :sad2: I'll likely get the second Shingrex dose (had the first a few months ago) in a week. I hope you do well with them both. The Shingrex one just gave me a sore arm, but other people have told me they didn't feel well for a couple of days. Small price to pay to avoid Shingles, though, since from what I hear it's really awful.
DH and I went to target yesterday . Didn’t ask our doctor. Pharmacist said it was fine so we did it. He felt a little under the weather but not bad. I feel fine other than two sore arms. We were actually going to get the shingles vaccine last year but they were out of stock. Just thought of it again now that we wanted to get flu vaccine. We get that every October as we generally fly to Disney in November and want it done ahead of time.

Wow! I needed both and my doctor's office said to not get them in the same day, so I just got the flu shot last week. Shingrex #2 is due to happen in a couple of days. I hope you do well with them both. The Shingrex one just gave me a sore arm, but other people have told me they didn't feel well for a couple of days. Small price to pay to avoid Shingles, though, since from what I hear it's really awful.
OT.... It’s awful. My Mom was going to do the shot because she’d seen it with her grandmother but the age on it was 60 at the time. She got Shingles in her 50s on our trip to Hawaii. Alas she thought it was a horrible rash so she didn’t even get the drugs for it in time (you need to take them in like the first 3 days). It’s been years and she still suffers from the phantom pain syndrome. I would get that shot now if I could tbh! (And my cousin got shingles at 20 so the old age theory doesn’t assure me much.) Between the phantom pain that can last for years and that it can break out like anywhere (my pastor got it in his eye- and he was in his 40s) I SO SO SO SO don’t want that disease!

OT.... It’s awful. My Mom was going to do the shot because she’d seen it with her grandmother but the age on it was 60 at the time. She got Shingles in her 50s on our trip to Hawaii. Alas she thought it was a horrible rash so she didn’t even get the drugs for it in time (you need to take them in like the first 3 days). It’s been years and she still suffers from the phantom pain syndrome. I would get that shot now if I could tbh! (And my cousin got shingles at 20 so the old age theory doesn’t assure me much.) Between the phantom pain that can last for years and that it can break out like anywhere (my pastor got it in his eye- and he was in his 40s) I SO SO SO SO don’t want that disease!

I have heard enough horror stories that I put myself on the waiting list asap. It finally came in, and my insurance won't even cover it, and I still went ahead and got it. I guess I'm old since I can get it at all (but just barely). I have heard of others who got it in their 20s, too.

Speaking of things work should pay for...

My supervisor asked me if I would be interested in more leadership training classes. Sure, I figure those will always look good wherever I work ;)

Today she tells me she talked to the HR manager and he needs to get the new training budget... and then we can look at where/when. The course they are looking at is 3.5hrs a week for 8 weeks :faint: didnt realize that! It probably wont come up anywyas bc I dont think itd be til next year, but.... I will definitely be like, so you plan to pay me for that time right? :crazy:

Yeah, only 50k UR and double dipping for us peasants who joined in too late ( :teeth: totally first world problems) They figured that one out quick. I think the CSR launched late 2016 and by mid-year 2017 they had updated it to anniversary for new applications.
What is the double/triple dip? I opened my CSR 9/2016, I thought that the double dip was just a one time thing when they switch the anniversary.

I just got flu shot in one arm and shingles shot in the other. Double soreness! Yes, I am that old to qualify for shingles shot.....
I have heard enough horror stories that I put myself on the waiting list asap. It finally came in, and my insurance won't even cover it, and I still went ahead and got it. I guess I'm old since I can get it at all (but just barely). I have heard of others who got it in their 20s, too.
Wow, you all are freaking me out! I was just at my Dr. and he was really pushing the shingles and flu vaccine (and a bilateral mamo and ultrasound because he was sure I had BC). I am getting the flu shot since we have that cute little baby boy around but was like no spank you on the SV. I have a serious trust issue with big pharma but you all are making a very compelling case.

I didn't get a flu shot last year, but I will probably this year. No reason not too, it's covered by insurance and I get a Target GC too :-). I forgot I am probably now old enough for the shingles vaccine. I need to get that also. I had a mild case 6 years ago at 44, and they said there was no guarantee I wouldn't get it again. I wonder if I can get that at Target too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!