I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I have been so busy with wedding planning lately. Disney has altered my plans and one of my dessert parties got canceled. I had to move a bunch of stuff around, but things have worked out. I then was busy making fastpass plans for 30 people. Also working on writing our ceremony and making a music list for the DJ. And we are still trying to move. lol Nothing really is happening with churning. I went all of September without a new credit card application.
:oops: OMG this is absolutely terrible! I hope Disney is able to work some "pixie dust" to make things right for you after altering your plans!!!

Norway is amazing! Seriously beautiful if you like nature, and cruising there usually means you have gorgeous views as you sail into the ports, too.

Decide after that first cruise, but also know that it's really different when you do a cruise for the destination. Even the vibe and the pacing of the trip are different. I will say that I think it's a great way to see certain places in Europe and we had such a great time that we are going to do it again. And it's so much easier to plan than land/air trips to Europe - I've done that, too. Of course it depends on what you want to see, but it was nice not having to pack and unpack all the time. We're taking a DCL cruise next summer, because we like the ship and find it fun, but the cruise line is definitely less important when you are using the ship as a hotel/transport and spending your days touring.
I think we will first think about what destinations we’re interested in. Then look at different cruise lines (I highly doubt it’ll be DCL). Then we’ll choose from there I guess after seeing itineraries. I would like a lot of opportunities for touring off the ship if we’re doing Europe.

Last edited:

Hey guys - there's a thread just started on the discount board that I'd imagine somebody here could help out with. (quoted and linked below).

I know leaving our CC thread can expose to the scary other parts of the DIS but can somebody who booked one of these Delta trips help @Theta our with any guidance. I'm not sure they can actually do what they're trying to do but I did not follow the Disney with Delta points plan closely enough to provide actual guidance here. Since we're the most helpful group on the DIS, it seems like this could be a job for us. 😉

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...but-now-reduced-winter-rates-are-out.3773454/Please click the link and respond on their thread they created - not here :D
I don't have her answer, but I wish I did after all my calls to Delta.

BTW, I am flying ATL to MCO today (or not!)

Did anyone else notice this comment on r/churning about Amex clawing back their BGR bonus (they are assuming it is because they took Amex's offer to upgrade to Bz Plat before the first year was done) ? Thoughts? Would definitely stop me from accepting upgrades in the first year if it turns out to be true...

I'm curious which oils you use. I used to believe that things like supplements and essential oils were not "real medicine" but then a few years ago my opthalmologist recommended krill oil for an eye condition and I can absolutely tell that it works, so now I am much more open to those things.
Krill oil is a known source of omega 3s which are highly beneficial for eye health. I feel like that’s totally different than infusing oregano oil in the air and it’s magically going to cure my kids ear infection.

Did anyone else notice this comment on r/churning about Amex clawing back their BGR bonus (they are assuming it is because they took Amex's offer to upgrade to Bz Plat before the first year was done) ? Thoughts? Would definitely stop me from accepting upgrades in the first year if it turns out to be true...

Oh that's concerning. I accepted an upgrade offer on my Biz Green about a month shy of 1 year, and just completed the $10k MSR on it. 50k MR posted, no clawbacks yet.

But if there is a clawback, it sounds like they're clawing back the SUB for the original card product, not the upgrade bonus?

In which case, a Biz Green was, what, 5k MR?

I just received a National Geographic jet vacations brochure and the vacations are dreamy. Has anyone figured out how to travel hack the $90,000 pp cost? Lol.
On a more realistic note, the itineraries are exquisite and can probably be semi-copied. My brother has been on a Nat Geo trip (not a jet vacation!) and the experts and enrichment opportunities are what sets them apart and I don’t think those are easily reproducible.
I was looking at their AK cruises, but $28k was just a bit beyond my budget, LOL. They looked AMAZING.

Update on the Delta Vacations WDW package deal. I canceled the package online, lost the flight cost, got the hotel cost as a voucher. Tickets linked in MDE. All was fine. Well, yesterday I go look and the tickets are GONE! Hoped it was just a glitch. Today still gone, so I call. An hour on the phone later (long hold times!), Disney tells me that the tickets were VOIDED. So I call Delta Vacations. They tell me that when a WDW package gets canceled, the tickets are automatically voided unless a special code is added to the system. I did it online, so of course no special code. As a one time exception, they're giving me a voucher in the amount of the tickets. I'm still getting the 2 cpp value, so I'm fine with that. Will have to figure out what to use it on. Would prefer the tickets, but oh well. As with all loopholes, gotta roll with the punches!

So, PSA for anyone who did the deal - check your tickets!! And if you haven't canceled your package yet, call to ask them not to void the tickets!

Booked the NCL Getaway today for a 11 night Med cruise summer 2021! In *only* some 600 days! 😆 Most of the other cruise lines haven't even released their schedules, so maybe we'll end up switching to something else. But there's a 20% past cruiser discount now, so I wanted to get it booked. That's on top of the ~10% discount the TA is giving. Itinerary looks great. I feel myself getting a little emotionally attached already, lol. Sails from Rome and goes to Kotor, Dubrovnik, Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, Naples, Florence, and Cannes.

Departs on a Thursday and back on a Monday, so will be doing both pre and post-cruise stays. Definitely want to make it to Venice. Was there on a budget group tour some 20 years ago and have wanted to go back since. Went to Rome that trip too, but my impression was hot and crowded. Threw a coin into Trevi Fountain while wondering if I really want to come back. Hopefully with more time to wander, I'll like it more. The trip to Santorini before kids is so perfect in my memories that I'm a little afraid to go back, if that even makes sense. We stayed a couple nights. It'll definitely be different as a cruise port.

Taking my mom and aunt, so we'll be 6 people. Hoping to get apartments through the Chase portal. Not too sure what I'll use for flights yet. But with 6 people, guess we'll be in coach with the peasants, lol.
Sounds like an amazing trip! This is on my bucket list (just me and DH, no kids!).

Update on the Delta Vacations WDW package deal. I canceled the package online, lost the flight cost, got the hotel cost as a voucher. Tickets linked in MDE. All was fine. Well, yesterday I go look and the tickets are GONE! Hoped it was just a glitch. Today still gone, so I call. An hour on the phone later (long hold times!), Disney tells me that the tickets were VOIDED. So I call Delta Vacations. They tell me that when a WDW package gets canceled, the tickets are automatically voided unless a special code is added to the system. I did it online, so of course no special code. As a one time exception, they're giving me a voucher in the amount of the tickets. I'm still getting the 2 cpp value, so I'm fine with that. Will have to figure out what to use it on. Would prefer the tickets, but oh well. As with all loopholes, gotta roll with the punches!

So, PSA for anyone who did the deal - check your tickets!! And if you haven't canceled your package yet, call to ask them not to void the tickets!
Oh, no!!!! I cancelled my insurance but kept the package (I'll eat the cheap flight cost) because they told me the Disney tickets would cancel if I cancelled the whole package. I wasn't sure how they'd do that on "non-refundable" tickets, but sadly, now we know. :-( i am supposed to be flying ATL-MCO today, so I am.hoping they don't do anything with the tickets if I were to happen to miss my flight....

Oh, no!!!! I cancelled my insurance but kept the package (I'll eat the cheap flight cost) because they told me the Disney tickets would cancel if I cancelled the whole package. I wasn't sure how they'd do that on "non-refundable" tickets, but sadly, now we know. :-( i am supposed to be flying ATL-MCO today, so I am.hoping they don't do anything with the tickets if I were to happen to miss my flight....

I think that was the smart choice. As I was on hold, I was thinking that I should have just left everything alone and eaten both the flight and hotel costs.

I would *think* they wouldn't cancel the tickets for missing the flight. Fingers crossed for you!

I think we will first think about what destinations we’re interested in. Then look at different cruise lines (I highly doubt it’ll be DCL). Then we’ll choose from there I guess after seeing itineraries. I would like a lot of opportunities for touring off the ship if we’re doing Europe.

Definitely go with the itinerary first. We do that. It just happens that Disney has the Norway/Iceland/Scotland itinerary that we love, and not many others do what we want (although they all go to those places, so there will plenty of cruise lines to choose from). Totally not pushing Disney here, especially since you can't pay with URs. But the itinerary and the ports and ports times matter with these cruises since (to me anyway) the whole point is to see new places. Certain itineraries are almost perfect copies even when you look from one cruise line to another, and some just aren't.

Also, with Europe, check the ports to see if they are close to the place you want to see. Meaning that Le Harve is far too far from Paris (IMHO), while in Norway (and I think some places in the Med) you can just walk off the ship and you're in the center of town. That way you're not wasting 1-3 hours just getting to the place you want to see.

This is a very logical response. I guess I will just have to "settle" for free Polaris seats while staring at my new Disney Visa design HAHA 🤣

If it makes feel better any time I've been in the area of their fab 5 dl livery and been able to look it's never going to socal. And it makes sense that it wouldn't since those people know AS flies to socal and dl. But that plane also must live here cause it's often here when we drive by, especially earlier in the day cause I always look. Some of their others are ugly, like their u of o and some other one, maybe osu. (Oregon not Oh)

:offtopic: - Just wanted to share some good news! We (finally) had our irrigation well dug yesterday (after requesting it 4 months ago) and we hit water! So we're not wasting $3500! For those of you who might not know, there's no guarantee that when they drill that they'll hit water or that it will be enough to power a sprinkler system, even if everyone else around you has one that works. Will pay the fee using my DH's BoA Premier card and finish off his MSR. Now I really wish I had a new card to pay off the other fees associated with the project, but I need to wait till Nov. to go for another Chase card, and can't seem to find any other cards I'm willing to pull the trigger on! Maybe I'll go look one more time...

Guys, Hyatt expanded their Small Luxury Hotels redemption offerings:
https://viewfromthewing.com/hyatt-adds-49-more-small-luxury-hotels-for-redemption/
Including, a Scottish castle! Inverlochy Castle for 30k points/night.

And post card accommodations on Santorini! Canaves Oia Hotel for 40k points/night, or the slightly cheaper Gold Suites at 30k points/night.

And aren't some of you planning visits to Venice? Stay on the canal at the Hotel Ai Reali for 30k points/night.
That castle looks amazing! It's going on my bucket list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!