I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, that is first for me! I assume this is veterinary and not veteran.

My last flu shot was the last week of September! I feel lucky. My company gives the shots for free right here in the building. I don't have to worry about going anywhere. I have gotten one for the last 15+ years this way. I am definitely pro flu shot. Can't convince DH though. He says he had a reaction/got sick one time after the shot and won't do it again.
Yup, veterinary. That was the one time, well why not since you're coming to me... just kidding!

Where is the flight? DL really only flies biz overseas ( no first class although it’s called DL One which isn’t confusing at all). Its biz seats are lie flat but to make sure I’d write down the flight numbers and do a dummy booking on delta dot com to endure what Chase is showing you is available.
Kind of answered above, but will reply here :-) It's a Delta flight to Honolulu and the flight number matches. Delta only shows Delta One, Comfort + and Economy on that flight.

When you guys say dummy booking, you just mean not going through with the purchase right?

Also, speaking of delta, my coworker flew delta comfort to and from France and said it was fine. And she’s not super frugal either. I know part of the benefit of churning is getting those upgrades but is anyone here ok with flying more of a premium economy seat international? I’ve only even flown economy/coach so I feel like anything would be an upgrade for me.

When you guys say dummy booking, you just mean not going through with the purchase right?

Also, speaking of delta, my coworker flew delta comfort to and from France and said it was fine. And she’s not super frugal either. I know part of the benefit of churning is getting those upgrades but is anyone here ok with flying more of a premium economy seat international? I’ve only even flown economy/coach so I feel like anything would be an upgrade for me.
We flew Comfort + to London, and honestly the seat was horribly uncomfortable. It was an exit row though, and we think the seats were slightly different than the others. The cushions looked different. Dh has flown Comfort + to Germany a few times and it's been fine. Normally I would not spend these kind of miles, but it's a splurge for our 30th anniversary.

Proud flu shot taker here! I’m all about that herd immunity and doing what I can to protect the vulnerable. We get them free since I work for a hospital system and kids are covered through insurance. That said, I’m equally into complimentary methods too. I started taking a combo of lysine, zinc, and vit c when I get a hint of a cold and it seems to shorten and weaken the virus quite a bit. My husband refers to this as the lysine contingency :) Bonus points if you know that reference.
I'm very similar. I always get my shot, but if I start feeling a tickle I am on a full mission with everything available.

Yes, playing around with a reservation and taking it to the payment page but not paying- I do it all the time to determine MQMs and miles earned.

I’ve flown delta’s comfort + product several times and while the seats aren’t lie flat and the food isn’t quite as fussy it’s still a good solid option. I’ve mentioned here before my DD and DM thought it was better/nicer than AA’s biz class overseas.

We flew Comfort + to London, and honestly the seat was horribly uncomfortable. It was an exit row though, and we think the seats were slightly different than the others. The cushions looked different. Dh has flown Comfort + to Germany a few times and it's been fine. Normally I would not spend these kind of miles, but it's a splurge for our 30th anniversary.

That’s funny we’ had such different experiences- we always want the exit row in C+! Maybe I have more “natural “ padding 🤣

Welp I was just looking at all of the cards I have opened and realized that I may be under 5/24 again! I'll have to take a closer look when I'm home but I never got any Chase business cards in the beginning (I was too scared and didn't have a business). This is very exciting!!

I'm curious which oils you use. I used to believe that things like supplements and essential oils were not "real medicine" but then a few years ago my opthalmologist recommended krill oil for an eye condition and I can absolutely tell that it works, so now I am much more open to those things.

I use Young Living. I know many don't like them since the are MLM....but I like that I know what's in them and don't hesitate to use them w/ my kids or myself.

it took several months to get the free night certificate after minimum spend met. The $250 resort credit is immediate; the free night takes a while. Quite confusing.

Thanks! I texted DH and he said he hadn't seen anything from them yet. I'll just keep chugging along towards the $15000 spend.

Hi everyone. I have been so busy with wedding planning lately. Disney has altered my plans and one of my dessert parties got canceled. I had to move a bunch of stuff around, but things have worked out. I then was busy making fastpass plans for 30 people. Also working on writing our ceremony and making a music list for the DJ. And we are still trying to move. lol Nothing really is happening with churning. I went all of September without a new credit card application.

Quick DISchurners Comment:
From time to time people say they can't find something on DISchurners. I just want you to know that you can ALWAYS PM me to ask where something is on DISchurners AND I will help you find it (if it's there!) I know not everybody can navigate reddit like a pro. I mention PM because while I do attempt to read every single comment, sometimes I'll skim the main thread to catch up and miss things. I will never ignore a PM, I promise!

And we definitely aren't trying to hide things from anybody on DISchurners - again, just keeping sensitive info in a safe place. I'll also try to be better about posting direct links to info when I make vague references here on the main thread.

EDIT: and another quick plug for this link:
Bookmark that - click it once a day and upvote every comment as you read it. You'll never miss a comment again then! If you aren't sure what the comment references you can either click "context" to view that comment in its string OR you can click "full comments" to visit the entire thread.

I did this with my RCCL March 2020 cruise because I wanted to use my Arrival + to erase the deposit and then transferred so I could use points for the balance. If you book direct you have to pay in full at that time since you only get one shot to use URs. I had to push for a “waiver” to not PIF when I transferred. It seemed ridiculous to have to PIF in June when RCCL doesn’t require it until Dec so I pushed back. I had the books but I didn’t want to see a sad balance.
So you just keep asking them to not PIF right away? If they say no, do you just hang up and call back hoping for a better person

$15 off $75 Macy's order online or in store on Amex this morning. Perfect timing since I need a dress for a black tie wedding!
I got $15 off $75 at Bloomingdales.........would have preferred Macy's.
Thank you! I actually got both. I JUST placed a Macy's order earlier this week... on my Macy's card! I will probably buy something else on Black Friday so it is good to have on the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!