I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not going to lie. The sky liner incident has me a bit concerned about our trip in Jan. We are booked 1 night at Gf, followed by two nights at Pop. We are traveling Marathon weekend. I chose Pop for the Sat and Sun because we will be hitting HOllywood studios the day of the full marathon. I thought the Sky liner would be a good choice to avoid delays of getting to the park instead of using buses due to all the road closure.
Of course, now I am stalking the Disney and Aa portal to see if I can switch to an Epcot resort. There is nothing available for 2 nights in a row. I don’t know how comfortable I am doing 3 moves in 3 nights. Plus it will add a few hundred $ to our trip and every dollar spent in Jan. is a $ less I have for our Disney cruise in 2020.
TBH we were debating switching from CBR to the swolphin for W&D and the skyliner incident pushed us over the edge. I was already anxious about riding it since I have acrophobia (I even hate Ferris wheels), so I’m happy we switched.

:offtopic: but honestly can't figure where's the best place to search/ask. Do ADRs still affect your Fast pass windows? I haven't been to WDW since 2016 so haven't kept up with the tech changes. It used to be an issue where it wouldn't let you schedule a FP within a certain time of an ADR, so I kept ADRs on another account separate from our room& tickets. Should I still bother?
I totally can't remember where I was following this stuff before, I thought it was in with FP+ info but I didn't see it off hand in the FAQ type threads. I am so behind on land based trips :)
No it's not an issue. There will be a note on your screen that you have an ADR, but it won't stop you. I just got back and had an ADR for BoG and a FP for SDMT at the exact same time, no issues.

Anyone going soon that would be able to get an extra Remy AP magnet in Epcot to trade for the extra Minnie AP magnet I have from my recent trip?

My entire family makes fun of me for taking airborne--they say there's no proof it has any effect. I say I don't care if it's scientifically sound; if the placebo effect keeps me from getting sick, I am 100% fine with that.
I’m the same with Emergen-C. When I get the first hint of a cold I guzzle it.

Yup, probably a placebo effect, but whatever. I actually just stopped by Kroger and grabbed a bottle of Emergen C gummies before I got to work. As soon as I sat down in my office, my boss walked up and I could tell he was sick as soon as he started talking. I made him take a gummy. My best friend has it too and I was with her for several hours on Saturday. Really hoping I avoid it, we leave for Ohio next Thursday and I really don't want to be sick on that trip.

All this talk about Serve has me brave enough to try it (I think) - I tried searching reddit for information on how to get started, but am not having much luck. Is there somewhere that explains how to get started with it and what all you can do with it?

Does anyone know where the Hitlon free night award will show up in the Honors account? I got an email that my award was coming (or would arrive shortly) and I'm not seeing anything. Not sure where I should look.

Also want to know about this. Not sure if DH has gotten the emails, need to ask. I met spend on his Hilton Surpass on 9/18 though, so it may be too early for the FN to be there.

I last got one 25 years ago, a couple months before my wedding. lol Felt terribly sick after and haven't gotten one since.
I haven’t had the flu in idk how many years. I remember having it bad one year during Christmas time when I was a kid. Dh gets it every year from work and last year he did get the flu.

Without. I usually only buy EB on the trip back since I don't want to plan my vacation days around when I need to check in.

I would be so happy with those positions. I think the best we have gotten lately is in the B30s at exactly 24 hours. And the last time we got B30s we almost didn't get to sit together. I had never seen so many family boarding, seemed like half the plane. This was to Denver.

I got $15 off $75 at Bloomingdales.........would have preferred Macy's.
Likewise :(
Should be an extra MR point offer on Bloomies too though.

I guess they see I've used the Macy's offers before and want me to branch out. Based on my quick walk-through of one a couple months back I don't think that'll happen.

Both would stack with the US Department Stores Online offer that came out before (spend $75 get $10, online only) if you have it, since both Macy's and Bloomingdale are included on that.

Are there any cruise lines you can book with URs? I’m really entertaining the idea of a cruise instead of flying somewhere and touring. I’m mainly thinking of somewhere in Europe.

I believe most of them, but you have to call the cruise and tour department. So look what cruise you want online (on the cruise lines website) and then call them.

I believe most of them, but you have to call the cruise and tour department. So look what cruise you want online (on the cruise lines website) and then call them.
Okay cool thanks. I’ve also seen people mention switching their cruise over to chase. What’s the reasoning behind this?

There’s not a cruise section on reddit right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!