I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that would be the consensus based on all the talk of miles, ages, and features of cars!

I will be trading my 2018 in next year :rolleyes1

Fellow leaser here! I have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee. So happy to be back in my Jeep. I was coming out of a 2017 Terrain (won't make that mistake again). I get a new car every 2-3 years (depends on the leasing deal) but in my defense, this is Detroit and I very much the norm, LOL. I know from the ex.....NC doesn't get the leasing deals like we do here. I lease 15k/yr miles now, I used to do 18k/yr and thanks to the kids, I still have to pull ahead early. I'm hoping to make it as close to trade in as I can, but I've pulled ahead a year early in the past, LOL. I got a Jeep guy who loves me and does us right (he should after the ex husband has had 3 and I've had 4 jeeps).

What is up with GE appointments? Both my girls need appointments for our March trip and the best I could find was Dallas 12/24. I really don't want to drive to Dallas on Christmas Eve.

Hi all:) I have been reading this thread off and on and I "like" some of your posts, so I wanted to introduce myself so nobody thinks I am a stalker! Our situation is quite different than most here since we currently live in Orlando, about 30 minutes from the mouse and go often. We are originally from NY (NYC & LI), but we located here since my oldest son (24) has autism and is non-verbal, BUT speaks when he is at WDW or on DCL. Disney has some type of magic with our kid and this is a pretty common phenomenon. My husband also works for an airline and travels frequently (not a pilot), so most of our trips are last minute. We try to fly stand-by, but lately flight loads are full, especially when we always need at least 2 seats together for my son. We have used points for hotel stays for years, but no where as creative or inspiring as you guys! I love reading all your adventures! We are trying to branch out and try new things and I am trying to learn from all your expertise. My other son attends UPS in Tacoma, WA and plays football for them so we try to attend games, but the flights are $$$ last minute. Alaska and Delta fly nonstop from MCO, so we're currently working on that strategy. Sorry for the long opening post!

Hi all:) I have been reading this thread off and on and I "like" some of your posts, so I wanted to introduce myself so nobody thinks I am a stalker! Our situation is quite different than most here since we currently live in Orlando, about 30 minutes from the mouse and go often. We are originally from NY (NYC & LI), but we located here since my oldest son (24) has autism and is non-verbal, BUT speaks when he is at WDW or on DCL. Disney has some type of magic with our kid and this is a pretty common phenomenon. My husband also works for an airline and travels frequently (not a pilot), so most of our trips are last minute. We try to fly stand-by, but lately flight loads are full, especially when we always need at least 2 seats together for my son. We have used points for hotel stays for years, but no where as creative or inspiring as you guys! I love reading all your adventures! We are trying to branch out and try new things and I am trying to learn from all your expertise. My other son attends UPS in Tacoma, WA and plays football for them so we try to attend games, but the flights are $$$ last minute. Alaska and Delta fly nonstop from MCO, so we're currently working on that strategy. Sorry for the long opening post!
Welcome! Glad to hear the Disney magic helps your DS!

:welcome: How wonderful that your son does so well at WDW and on DCL :love: I would totally move in your situation!

And don't be a stranger!

Slow day on the r/churning discussion thread but there was this uhhh gem below... I do NOT understand how any human would find this acceptable. Perhaps I think too much of our human race...

WARNING: Don't read this one while eating your breakfast...
https://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardingarea.com/2019/10/semen-inside-marriott-bath-amenities/

Is it bad that I AUTOMATICALLY think that when I see those kinds of units in a hotel. I've found at some places they have been "locked" to prevent that. But yes, maybe it's from 20 years of teaching HS and seeing what they do.

So I normally gloss over many of the 5k MSR card offers and thus didn't notice the new Citi AA Biz 75k offer has a 5 month MSR window instead of the 3 I typically expect. That I could do so now I'm mildly interested. (It'd be breaking my Citi blacklist but with Barcray-cray it might actually be the better option. Very :scared1: thought)

From my limited following of the trAAin, it seems like a good offer so I probably won't screw anything up if I go for it as my first card? It also has the 48 month language so seems to me that I may as well go for the high points offer first, and then just cross fingers for other offers later ;) Is this a reasonable approach given the current climate? I don't think I missed anything ground breaking while I was away but better to ask, since it's also not something I follow religiously.

So I normally gloss over many of the 5k MSR card offers and thus didn't notice the new Citi AA Biz 75k offer has a 5 month MSR window instead of the 3 I typically expect. That I could do so now I'm mildly interested. (It'd be breaking my Citi blacklist but with Barcray-cray it might actually be the better option. Very :scared1: thought)

From my limited following of the trAAin, it seems like a good offer so I probably won't screw anything up if I go for it as my first card? It also has the 48 month language so seems to me that I may as well go for the high points offer first, and then just cross fingers for other offers later ;) Is this a reasonable approach given the current climate? I don't think I missed anything ground breaking while I was away but better to ask, since it's also not something I follow religiously.
I think your logic makes sense here. If you want to get any more in depth on it in the future there is the thread on DISchurners to discuss it going forward. (But there’s nothing wrong with what you stated here) :D

You can also use a Target GC with the TM discount. So if you can get them discounted elsewhere that can work too. ( And get the whopping 1% back with Circle now too) Obviously that only makes sense if you can get better than 5% off or absolutely need it to make a MSR.
I do this sometimes too but I definitely keep my redcard for all the many trips I make to target where I didn’t plan ahead with a discounted gc lol!

I'm in a similar situation. My dh works for an airline. We've had a relatively easy time flying standby. I've started earning some AA points to use if we're flying during a busy time. AA and Alaska are partners and AA points are ridiculously easy to get. I would also look at cards that you can transfer points to Delta or Alaska. I find the airline co-branded cards to be pretty worthless once you've get your SUB. If you're looking for a high point yielding card to use every day I would look at one of the Amex cards that earn MR's. Those MR's can be transferred to Delta.
Just to add it's still going to be hard to use points for last minute flights.

I think your logic makes sense here. If you want to get any more in depth on it in the future there is the thread on DISchurners to discuss it going forward. (But there’s nothing wrong with what you stated here) :D
Yeah I keep tabs there. This is all I needed for now. :teeth:

That 5 month window is helpful. 3k in 3 is almost too easy ( :sick: ), 4k can be done with one off expenses added, but 5k in 3 outside of the summer would incur fees to accomplish and I'm still trying to do this for as close to free as possible. I did better than I expected this year but now that my life insurance doesn't accept CCs, I probably won't be able to keep that pace up. (Still sad every time I think about that :( )

Last edited:
I do this sometimes too but I definitely keep my redcard for all the many trips I make to target where I didn’t plan ahead with a discounted gc lol!
Yeah, both my credit and debit version got some love once I ran out of my 10% ones from last year. I've restocked with AmEx offers occasionally but $50 doesn't seem to last long :laughing:

Can anyone help on the timing I should apply for the CSR? I would like to double dip the travel credit. I have travel planned now I can use the credit for and the next one would be Nov. 2020. We will be traveling the beginning of Nov. 2020.
Does the second credit appear at your 1 year anniversary? So should I apply Nov?
The travel credit resets at the statement close after your anniversary date. My anniversary is April, my credit resets on statement close in May.

I thought the travel credit had been switched to calendar year (no longer anniversary year). My AF just posted this month and the website says my travel credit will reset after my December statement. Am I missing something?

anyone else get the Amex 35% back at office supply stores offer? We only got it on dh’s BBP but he also had the Staples $25 back on $100 purchase. I assume these will stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!