I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Me :) I only have Target and Kohl's but I always use those cards with those stores unless there is some other better offer. Since get my dd's employee discount at Target, paying with the Redcard makes sense (no emp. discount if you pay with another cc).
I always use my RedCard, even before dd's discount. I grocery shop there, so to save 5% on my groceries is a no brainer to me. I also used Kohls and Penneys as the discounts are usually only available with the cards.

Can anyone help on the timing I should apply for the CSR? I would like to double dip the travel credit. I have travel planned now I can use the credit for and the next one would be Nov. 2020. We will be traveling the beginning of Nov. 2020.
Does the second credit appear at your 1 year anniversary? So should I apply Nov?
The travel credit resets at the statement close after your anniversary date. My anniversary is April, my credit resets on statement close in May.

Does anyone else find that they still strictly use some of their store cards with certain retailers? I always use Target, Macy's, and Kohl's.
I haven't used my store cards in a very long time because I have switched to buying GCs at a discount for those stores. Although, I did use my Target card several months ago because they threatened to close my account for inactivity.

hmmm my staples offer shows on my Amex account, but the same day I did the Mobil speedpass option with the linked card and nothing..... is it b/c I used the app? terms say linked card thru app works..... anyone else not have it triggered?

I was just looking at that card a few minutes ago. Unlike UR cards where they are both points and cash cards, this card looks to be only cash, not cash or MR's. Someone correct me if I am reading this wrong? While the 6x grocery is really tempting, I still like collecting MR's as I perceive their value to have higher potential in the long run.
I guess what I'd really like is a Chase UR card with a 6x category, lol.
It's a cashback card....we had it for a year, got a no AF/$200 bonus on a 1k MSR so it paid for itself and more in no time...then we pc'd to a BCE which we still use once in a while on groceries if not working msr for something else..... I think I 'made' at least $500 on that one card the first year....

And here's a question for whoever wants to answer:

How many keeper cards are you maintaining or sock drawering, with no intention to close?
I have about 14 right now...... planning to close two when the af hits (old swa and bonvoy biz) the rest I'll keep b/c they're no af or otherwise useful to me.

I used to only like sweet milk chocolate,until life forced me to completely overhaul my diet a few years back..... now I have no taste for overly sweet stuff. A tiny square of dark chocolate is enough to satisfy my chocolate needs,so much flavor! As far as peanut butter cups..... my current massive weakness would be Trader Joes or Aldi DARK chocolate peanut butter cups...(or Justins brand) .....which is why I don't buy them in general b/c I just can't stop if I have them at hand..... i can't even go near Reeses anymore after trying these.....it's like comparing a Big Mac to a Filet Mignon (for me at least):mickeybar and as for honey...... oy. learn about it folks..... honey from local sources is so amazing and flavorful in so many ways!

@SouthFayetteFan or any other golfers- Any suggestions for a good starter set of clubs for DS12? He has joined the golf club at school and we are not golfers. Clearly we do not want to spend a lot since who knows if he will stick to it.

Callaway sells a basic set through Costco for $500. What does the golf teacher recommend?

@SouthFayetteFan or any other golfers- Any suggestions for a good starter set of clubs for DS12? He has joined the golf club at school and we are not golfers. Clearly we do not want to spend a lot since who knows if he will stick to it.
Do they have any he can rent to try it out? I know the courses DH has gone to allow rentals and rent to own. With him growing so much lately it might be better to rent or buy a used set

Do they have any he can rent to try it out? I know the courses DH has gone to allow rentals and rent to own. With him growing so much lately it might be better to rent or buy a used set
Unfortunately not. It is a brand new after school middle school club. Maybe I'll try Play It Again Sports to see if there is something for now or maybe Dick's for a cheap set.

Callaway sells a basic set through Costco for $500. What does the golf teacher recommend?
Thanks. I think that is a little more than I was thinking. It's his leadership teacher who is charge of the club and it is just for fun. They did start going a golf club which is neat.

Unfortunately not. It is a brand new after school middle school club. Maybe I'll try Play It Again Sports to see if there is something for now or maybe Dick's for a cheap set.

My youngest daughter plays sporadically and has done just fine with one of the sets from Dicks. With the unknowns of how much he will like playing and his potential for more growth, I'd hold off getting anything too expensive now. Until he gets good, his play won't be noticeably improved in those expensive clubs. Being that your DS continues to grow, you might be able to find an adult who is getting new clubs and get a deal on their older ones.

I'm late in catching up but this whole skyliner thing has had me shaking my head since I first heard of the idea...... I still can't understand who thought this was a great idea given Florida weather in general,add to that the breakdown rate of much of Disney "rides"...... I used to ski...and those big open skilifts used to give me anxiety when they'd dead stop somewhere on the way up the mountain...... there's no way I want to step inside a gondola in Orlando....with my great luck one of their famous thunderstorms would pop up as soon as the ride started...

We bought our boys cheap starter sets at Dicks. Smart to see if he'll like it and wait for him to finish growing. Check your Chase offers: I have a 10% off at Golf Galaxy on a couple of my Chase cards (They are part of Dicks).

I was away for the weekend (got to visit with BOTH my college boys!) so I’m crazy behind reading, but wanted to say...what a pleasure it was to come home, log on to Chase and see my UR’s significantly higher from those great 5x points on the CIC at office supply stores!

DD1 just applied for her first card. No instant approval so I called the 800 number. She is getting the 7 to 10 day message. Does that for sure mean a denial? Or since it's her first ever card, possibly just needing to verify information or something?

She received the southwest mailer offering 60,000 points with $6,000 spend over 6 months. She used her special offer code to apply. She is currently not making a bunch (I believe she put $34,880 as her yearly income), but she has a great credit score (800+). I'm hoping she doesn't get flat out denied, she'd really be discouraged.

DD1 just applied for her first card. No instant approval so I called the 800 number. She is getting the 7 to 10 day message. Does that for sure mean a denial? Or since it's her first ever card, possibly just needing to verify information or something?

She received the southwest mailer offering 60,000 points with $6,000 spend over 6 months. She used her special offer code to apply. She is currently not making a bunch (I believe she put $34,880 as her yearly income), but she has a great credit score (800+). I'm hoping she doesn't get flat out denied, she'd really be discouraged.

Could be verification....
is this her first individual card ? If so I have read that Chase likes to see a year of credit history

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!