I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, those are my only 2 store cards. I’ve had others but I’m sure they’re all closed for lack of use.
Yep, I've had a few others as well and all others got closed. These two are 'workhorse' cards for me. I think other stores have equally great cards if you are a regular shopper but those aren't my stores. Kohl's and Target are my first go-to stores so I definitely get good use from those cards.

Yep, I've had a few others as well and all others got closed. These two are 'workhorse' cards for me. I think other stores have equally great cards if you are a regular shopper but those aren't my stores. Kohl's and Target are my first go-to stores so I definitely get good use from those cards.
I have Gap card from YEARS ago. I should probably dig it up and throw something on it so it doesn't get closed LOL

Last edited:
Kind of :offtopic: but I searched the hotel reviews thread and didn't see anything...has anyone stayed at the Hotel Monteleone? Would you say it's worth 20k URs? I need to book one night in NOLA for the wedding we are attending in January and apparently that's where some of the guests are staying. We will be arriving around 9 am on Saturday and leaving again at the crack of dawn on Sunday to head to WDW. I had originally planned to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton using my SPG free night but that got Bonvoyed. Wondering if the Monteleone is a good Plan B or if we should just save our points and stay somewhere super-cheap, maybe by the airport to make Sunday morning easier. Any suggestions appreciated!
With such a short trip I would stay as close to the wedding as possible. Make your life easy.

A brief commercial on DISchurners...
Recently there has been an uptick in requests to join DISchurners - which comes as no surprise given our recent announcement that we would like to keep some information and discussion over there regarding certain cards. I figured the timing was right for a little update post:

What is DISchurners?
DISchurners is a private Reddit group that includes a lot of churning related information information. Perhaps just as important, it gives you an opportunity to support other DISers when you sign-up for cards which is an excellent way to give back to our awesome community!

Who can join DISchurners?
The group is open to anybody who finds us here on the DIS thread. You MUST be a verified DISboards member. This is an important note because if you've never made a comment on the DIS, I cannot verify you. So come out of lurkdom - say hello, or thank you - we won't bite!

How do I join?
You'll need a reddit account. IF you don't have one, you can easily register - most people use the same name or a similar name as they do here. Then you can simply send me a PM right here on the DIS and I'll get you setup.

In Closing... if you haven't joined and you're signing up for cards, you are potentially missing an opportunity to give back to the community. And at the very least, you are missing out on a valuable churning resource.

Just had to give a quick shout-out to @SouthFayetteFan for introducing me to the wonderful world of credit cards. I just booked 3 tickets to Zurich, returning home from Munich, for 180k URs plus $321.75 by transferring my URs to United. That's a savings of $4607.25!!!! The only sad part of the story is my URs are now completely wiped out. I'm working on my SW companion pass next, but then it's back to more UR cards! I'm hooked!

Congrats on the wonderful redemption!!
The credit card game is a bit addicting, but fun when you have an awesome group of friends to play with. It’s almost like “Disney Magic”

you can use the miles to get Disney gift cards, then use those to buy the tickets

Seriously, how do I miss these things??

Any chance you can PM me (if it cannot be posted here) to point me in the right direction? I logged into my AA account but I don't see a way to purchase GCs other than through Points Loyalty Wallet....

Slow day on the r/churning discussion thread but there was this uhhh gem below... I do NOT understand how any human would find this acceptable. Perhaps I think too much of our human race...

WARNING: Don't read this one while eating your breakfast...
https://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardingarea.com/2019/10/semen-inside-marriott-bath-amenities/
Wow, just wow. I had been reading some of the comments on the other threads about the larger, refillable shampoo bottles and while I didn't see this specific instance brought up as a possibility... I would not put it past people.

Could be all sorts of bodily fluids in there, right?

If they aren't locking the bottles like Disney does, anything could be in there. That is so disgusting to think about!!
I assumed the "tamper proof bracket" was supposed to be a lock, but it was compromised? Maybe I misunderstood.

Can anyone help on the timing I should apply for the CSR? I would like to double dip the travel credit. I have travel planned now I can use the credit for and the next one would be Nov. 2020. We will be traveling the beginning of Nov. 2020.
Does the second credit appear at your 1 year anniversary? So should I apply Nov?

I'm in London right now so I'm just catching up, but I was following the story yesterday and you guys captured 100% my thoughts. In good churning news, we are putting a serious dent in our spend for our 2 new CIPs and DH's new Schwab Amex Platinum :)

Yes, good to know. I get motion sickness easy. I feel so bad for those people who not only are stuck but sick on top of it.
This was one of my first thoughts about the Skyliner. How will they evacuate everyone when there is a problem. I can't even imagine being stuck on that and evacuating that way with all my kids :eek:
This person claims there is one other item. Waste disposal bag. Yes, for that type of waste. Rather important if this 3.5 hour full evac estimate is accurate...
Admittedly I haven’t scanned Twitter so they could be making it up. But at 3.5 hours I have no doubt someone on those gondolas ain’t gonna be able to hold it :(

ETA: it started moving very slowly after 3 hours. 3.5 for a full evac sounds overly generous.
Are you for real right now... UNEXPECTED DOWNTIME??? That’s your statement??

WOW!!! Does this spokesperson not have access to social media!?

I was thinking the same thing about social media. Get with it Disney. You can't get away with stupid nothing statements when people are live tweeting about what's going on. It makes Disney look so out of touch and is horrible customer service. People stranded on your transpiration system should NOT be getting info from Twitter. Ugh.

DH and I were also talking about the waste disposal bags and both of us were sure that at that point we wouldn't care about the 8 other strangers in the car watching/hearing, LOL.

My other immediate thought was add the gondola to the list of things never to do before a flight. How stressful would that have been? My DS is special needs as well. I feel for all the parents that were dealing with that as well.

And *** on no AC??? Yikes! That puts it in an entirely new level of hell.

Slow day on the r/churning discussion thread but there was this uhhh gem below... I do NOT understand how any human would find this acceptable. Perhaps I think too much of our human race...

WARNING: Don't read this one while eating your breakfast...
https://pointsmilesandmartinis.boardingarea.com/2019/10/semen-inside-marriott-bath-amenities/

People are animals. Yuck. But too funny, @PolyRob, "Forever Unclean," is a family favorite. We say it all the time. Love that show :)

Seriously, how do I miss these things??

Any chance you can PM me (if it cannot be posted here) to point me in the right direction? I logged into my AA account but I don't see a way to purchase GCs other than through Points Loyalty Wallet....

i have never looked into it, just saw a post @SouthFayetteFan did on it a while ago...it may also be in our DISchurners group on reddit....if not I’d PM him about it

Does anyone else find that they still strictly use some of their store cards with certain retailers? I always use Target, Macy's, and Kohl's.

I always use my Target card and unless I have an offer on Amex I use my Lowes card and I use the financing offers at Best Buy and Firestone if I have big purchases at those places.

Yes! Me :) I only have Target and Kohl's but I always use those cards with those stores unless there is some other better offer. Since get my dd's employee discount at Target, paying with the Redcard makes sense (no emp. discount if you pay with another cc).
You can also use a Target GC with the TM discount. So if you can get them discounted elsewhere that can work too. ( And get the whopping 1% back with Circle now too) Obviously that only makes sense if you can get better than 5% off or absolutely need it to make a MSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!