I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, will do. I remember we had some discussion around Universal AP rates. Do you actually need an AP to check in (I know you can book without one)? I’d have no problem upgrading but our dates would require the top level AP due to blackouts.
We’ll just be leaving as you are arriving. We were originally booked through 1/3 but changed it to 12/31 so DS could fly free..

Also wanted to add our SUB for Citi AA Biz is 60K/3K spend. Someone on here pointed out it’s now gone up to 75K/5K. I contacted Citi yesterday via chat and asked for a match. The CSR on my husband’s account said he would forward my request to marketing and I should have a response in 3-5 days. The CSR on my account said she couldn’t help me and gave me a phone # to call 🙄

Figure I’ll see what happens with DH account and try another chat for mine before I make the dreaded phone call. Ha!
Keep us posted I tried via chat and they told me that they couldn’t match a public offer.

Just had to give a quick shout-out to @SouthFayetteFan for introducing me to the wonderful world of credit cards. I just booked 3 tickets to Zurich, returning home from Munich, for 180k URs plus $321.75 by transferring my URs to United. That's a savings of $4607.25!!!! The only sad part of the story is my URs are now completely wiped out. I'm working on my SW companion pass next, but then it's back to more UR cards! I'm hooked!

Just had to give a quick shout-out to @SouthFayetteFan for introducing me to the wonderful world of credit cards. I just booked 3 tickets to Zurich, returning home from Munich, for 180k URs plus $321.75 by transferring my URs to United. That's a savings of $4607.25!!!! The only sad part of the story is my URs are now completely wiped out. I'm working on my SW companion pass next, but then it's back to more UR cards! I'm hooked!

Ooh, congrats! I know it doesn't feel great when you look at to a depleted points account, but I also know how awesome it is to fly to Europe for free. Sounds like you got a good deal on the flights, too! :goodvibes

Kind of :offtopic: but I searched the hotel reviews thread and didn't see anything...has anyone stayed at the Hotel Monteleone? Would you say it's worth 20k URs? I need to book one night in NOLA for the wedding we are attending in January and apparently that's where some of the guests are staying. We will be arriving around 9 am on Saturday and leaving again at the crack of dawn on Sunday to head to WDW. I had originally planned to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton using my SPG free night but that got Bonvoyed. Wondering if the Monteleone is a good Plan B or if we should just save our points and stay somewhere super-cheap, maybe by the airport to make Sunday morning easier. Any suggestions appreciated!

Well in a round about way Disney got more of my money today from the Skyliner debacle. I had booked two nights at Art of Animation with the AP rate for the sole purpose to try out Skyliner. 2 nights there, and then the rest of the trip with our DVC at BLT. In starting to think about it if no Skyliner then no point (our trip is in two weeks) so I changed it to AKV Kidani for $220 more. DH way happy, oldest happy, middle ambivalent, youngest had a come apart that she wanted to stay at Art of Animation (somewhere she has never even been). Three words changed her crazy crying though: “night vision goggles.” So hopefully that is still a thing and we will be able to use them there on our arrival night.

Thank goodness for the Arrival Plus credit. It helps me feel like I am not wasting money since I can erase the charge. :)

Kind of :offtopic: but I searched the hotel reviews thread and didn't see anything...has anyone stayed at the Hotel Monteleone? Would you say it's worth 20k URs? I need to book one night in NOLA for the wedding we are attending in January and apparently that's where some of the guests are staying. We will be arriving around 9 am on Saturday and leaving again at the crack of dawn on Sunday to head to WDW. I had originally planned to stay at the Four Points by Sheraton using my SPG free night but that got Bonvoyed. Wondering if the Monteleone is a good Plan B or if we should just save our points and stay somewhere super-cheap, maybe by the airport to make Sunday morning easier. Any suggestions appreciated!

I’ve heard great things about The Eliza Jane. It’s a Hyatt Cat 4 hotel at 15k points. You can transfer 15k UR to Hyatt and still be ahead of your plan to spend 20k UR elsewhere.

Does anyone else find that they still strictly use some of their store cards with certain retailers? I always use Target, Macy's, and Kohl's.
Yes! Me :) I only have Target and Kohl's but I always use those cards with those stores unless there is some other better offer. Since get my dd's employee discount at Target, paying with the Redcard makes sense (no emp. discount if you pay with another cc).

I have hotel/air booked for Spring Break. Now working on summer vacation 2020 (June) at USH/DLR. Hotels are booked. Airfare will be booked when open. Trying to plan/budget for the rest. Last time we did a breakfast at GCH and WOC dessert party. When I ask DS for preferences he says “everything”. Not helpful though he does want a character meal, preferably with Mickey and Pluto.

What are your must-dos for meals, shows, parades, etc. at DLR?
Bonus points if I can use CSR travel credit to book now.

Yes! Me :) I only have Target and Kohl's but I always use those cards with those stores unless there is some other better offer. Since get my dd's employee discount at Target, paying with the Redcard makes sense (no emp. discount if you pay with another cc).
Yep, those are my only 2 store cards. I’ve had others but I’m sure they’re all closed for lack of use.

I have hotel/air booked for Spring Break. Now working on summer vacation 2020 (June) at USH/DLR. Hotels are booked. Airfare will be booked when open. Trying to plan/budget for the rest. Last time we did a breakfast at GCH and WOC dessert party. When I ask DS for preferences he says “everything”. Not helpful though he does want a character meal, preferably with Mickey and Pluto.

What are your must-dos for meals, shows, parades, etc. at DLR?
Bonus points if I can use CSR travel credit to book now.

If you haven't done it before, we thought the Blue Bayou dining package for Fantasmic was worth every penny. Definitely a splurge meal but the seats were great and the restaurant ambience was really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!