I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it. I do my best to buy local honey, anyway, but after watching that I'm going to be extra careful.
Dh bought some honey at our farmers market yesterday. I don’t eat honey but he said he’ll never buy it from the store again

Just a little churning discussion post-

Have you ever gotten a card you regretted? Or have you decided to skip getting a card and then regretted it later? What card was it and why the regret?

My husband hates talking credit cards with me, I’ll bother y’all instead :)

I regret getting the IHG from Chase. For me it was not worth a 5/24 slot. It finally is off in April and I will probably just close it. I have kept it thinking I would use the free night and points, but the reality is that using the free night is next to impossible for us with a party of 5. Even when hotels have rooms for 5 that does not quality for the free night. I keep checking and most places don’t even take points. I have over 100k IHG points that I probably will just cash out eventually.

Last December I decided to get for DH the Hyatt (I already have one). I wish I would have gotten the Capital Venture when it was the elevated offer of the 70,000 miles. Speaking of the Venture, I had one with the original $59 AF. I wish I would have just kept it...2% on a Visa card is decent. Instead I product changed it to a Quicksilver (which I now never use).

If I think about it I will come up with more I am sure...so I think I will stop now! :)

As of a couple years ago, the SAT was still on paper, as was the ACT. The GRE and MCAT are done electronically on computers.

Interesting. Guess the testing all those years ago didn't make sense. Paper makes more sense, especially once they added the essay.

I regret getting the IHG from Chase. For me it was not worth a 5/24 slot. It finally is off in April and I will probably just close it. I have kept it thinking I would use the free night and points, but the reality is that using the free night is next to impossible for us with a party of 5. Even when hotels have rooms for 5 that does not quality for the free night. I keep checking and most places don’t even take points. I have over 100k IHG points that I probably will just cash out eventually.

Last December I decided to get for DH the Hyatt (I already have one). I wish I would have gotten the Capital Venture when it was the elevated offer of the 70,000 miles. Speaking of the Venture, I had one with the original $59 AF. I wish I would have just kept it...2% on a Visa card is decent. Instead I product changed it to a Quicksilver (which I now never use).

If I think about it I will come up with more I am sure...so I think I will stop now! :)

I'm curious what you liked about the Cap One Venture card. We don't have any Cap One cards, but I'm always looking for new ideas.

In credit card news, I finally got the 65K URs from the CSP added to my account. So the project "let's replenish all those URs we spent on next summer's flights" is on its way.

And I closed my first card - a Citi AA Biz card I opened a few months ago. It feels SOOOOO GOOD to have one less card and open account to worry about. :goodvibes

Congrats on getting started on your new stash!

And here's a question for whoever wants to answer:

How many keeper cards are you maintaining or sock drawering, with no intention to close?

MMMears comment above about feeling good to close a card made me count mine, and I have 19 open cards.

That's a whole lot of credit hanging out there. I'm going to take a good look at this, but I only have one or two that I feel as if I want to cut and I have a list of cards that I'd like to acquire in time.

Many of them are no fee. The ones that have fees have benefits attached such as free nights all of which I use. And then there are my senior cards that I don't want to close. I'm starting to feel like a card hoarder!

I don't necessarily agree but I thought many here would appreciate this.

I would substitute "Dove Milk Chocolate" for #3.
View attachment 441716
HAHA this makes me laugh, but I do love Reese's! The eggs at Easter are my favorite, then the trees at Christmas. The chocolate to peanut butter ratio is 🔥🔥🔥 Pumpkins and hearts are just ok. I also LOVE the minis that come in a bag and are not individually wrapped (@wendow please don't judge 🤣)

Nah, seriously it's one of the best things ever! :goodvibes
Team Dark Chocolate all the way!
Nah, seriously it’s disgusting lol. Way too bitter
It tastes like chocolate, not sugar. ;)
I definitely have a sweet tooth! (again, @wendow please don't judge :rotfl:)

I would do milk chocolate, then white chocolate (gasp), and dark chocolate if desperate, but only if it is cut with something like raspberry to make it sweeter 🤣

I'm curious what you liked about the Cap One Venture card. We don't have any Cap One cards, but I'm always looking for new ideas.
I’ve always loved my Cap one Venture card too. I’ve had it for many years. It’s 2% on everything and simple to use on travel expenses. It doesn’t get much of my regular spend currently, but I’ll hold onto it. I did the Spark biz card last year and was able to transfer those points over the Venture.

Congrats on getting started on your new stash!

And here's a question for whoever wants to answer:

How many keeper cards are you maintaining or sock drawering, with no intention to close?

Thanks! Working our way back up to a decent amount, I hope.

Keeper cards - Of the new ones, I think just the CSR, Rose Gold, and maybe Hyatt. Really old keeper cards, for now, are the Amex Plat, Citi AA, and Chase Disney. I'm not sure about the rest. I feel pretty ambivalent towards the Lux since the dynamic pricing means the free that we will soon earn can't be used where I was planning to use it when DH signed up for the card. #bonvoyed

ETA - DH's new CF is too recent to tell, since we didn't need the gas deal, but that one has some promise as a keeper card.

Used my Staples Chase offer for some Netflix today (comes in $30 denominations). Top Tip: scratch the backing off. I peeled the backing off one fine and the next one half the code peeled off with the backing. They use letters AND numbers o_O

(If you do peel half the code off with the backing stick it to a surface and scratch the silver off carefully, the rest of the code will show enough to piece it together. It took some desperate guessing at the code before I thought to try this...)

I shouldn't be surprised. It's basically the icing on my churning week...

Used my Staples Chase offer for some Netflix today (comes in $30 denominations). Top Tip: scratch the backing off. I peeled the backing off one fine and the next one half the code peeled off with the backing. They use letters AND numbers o_O

(If you do peel half the code off with the backing stick it to a surface and scratch the silver off carefully, the rest of the code will show enough to piece it together. It took some desperate guessing at the code before I thought to try this...)

I shouldn't be surprised. It's basically the icing on my churning week...
View attachment 441788
Oh my! I always scrape Disney GCs. This sounds terrible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!