I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a lot of calls from numbers I don’t recognize. I let these calls go to voicemail. Apparently, I’m wanted on felony charges in multiple states and I need to call back with my case number right away or they’ll send the police after me! It’s totally because of my highly illegal credit card churning because when I call in, they say I can pay the judgment against me with gift cards. How did they know?!
Most of the ones I get lately are business offers, where they will do all of the marketing/calling/selling for me and we can split the profits! How can I pass up that deal????

so... venmo- it's pretty straighforward,right? like using Paypal ,just pay a fee? if he can get a CIP, then after he can get a freedom which he will keep,( 3months later)

I don't know how to use it, but DD and her friends used it when traveling together since it was easier to settle accounts at the end that way (since one paid for this, one paid for that and with 5 you can't keep asking for split checks). So she knew how to use it, and sent the money to DH since she actually did owe us a bit.

Back from my weekend in Chicago at the Waldorf (thank you 2 free Hilton nights). It was nice but we had a slew of complaints. Despite my diamond status I didn't get any upgrade. The people in the room next to us had the fight of all fights Saturday night. I think it was over 6 hours long screaming on and off. I think they finally broke up Sunday morning. Our room had no full length mirror so my friend had to resort to standing on the bed, LOL. And the outlet situation for charging phones was annoying.

BUT it was 2 free nights at a Waldorf! I had $100 credit from Amex. And I had another $60 (in lieu of free breakfast). So it was nice to be forced to spend $160 there, LOL. I just wish the weather was nicer. It was like the most rain Chicago ever saw on Friday! And it was nasty on Saturday too. Next time I'm using this perk when it's nicer out, LOL.
Yeah last weekend sucked. DS had Friday off so we wanted to do some stuff. Instead it rained all weekend. Skipped Six Flags and stayed in our jammies most of Friday. Lol.

I'm new to the credit card game and want to make sure im doing this right. I'm on track to get ~400k Chase UR points through sign up bonuses between my spouse and I. We have the reserve. It looks like my flights (2 adults, 2 kids) will be taken care of with around 100k points or less through the reserve travel site. Looks like my best bet for tickets and hotel is Under cover tourist as they should ring up as travel (please confirm). So for that I would just use my points for statement credit and get 1%. So for 300k points, I get back $3k. I priced out a 5 night and 5 days non hopper tickets at undercover tourist for $2600 for July 2020. Staying at the value resorts. So that give me an extra $400 + a little more from 3x travel on $2600 for photo pass and food.

So can I do better than this? I know that as of last year, you cant book disney through chase travel rewards anymore, so I think this is about as good as it gets. I only travel 1 per year, so I could save the points for 2021 and get more for my points, but I'd rather get a free vacation now in 2020. I'll get some more credit card sign up bonuses for 2021. And we have to travel after school is out and before it starts. So I figure early july after the 4th is best time. I know late august is also good, but Im hoping July has cooler temps as we got killed when we went in late august last time.

Also, any upgrades worth paying for now that most of the trip is free? I don't think the food plan was worth it when we went like 4 years ago. Our kids are young and don't eat much. And I think you have to apply the meal plan for everyone? Also, I'd like to stay on a monorail stop to avoid the bus when going to magic kingdom, but that would blow up the hotel budget correct? We stayed in the value resort last time and it was fine except for the bus rides.

Finally, anything else I should be doing. I am considering the VISA gift card for the discount it gives. I think my inlaws have it and I might just ask them to add my wife as an authorized user. I have to look into it.
Depending on what airline you're flying you may do better to transfer those URs to the airline and book award flights. Using MR, I'm getting my family of 4 to WDW for 68,000 points.
I'm not a fan of cashing out convertible points, they have other uses that are more lucrative to me, but completely understand those that want to.
Which value resort are you staying at? If the only thing you hated last trip were the buses, you could stay at either Art of Animation or Pop Century, then you get the Skyliner to two of the parks.
If you have a Chase branch near you, open one of their checking accounts for the bonus and get the Disney Debit card. All the same discounts at the shops, online and the "exclusive" meet and greet areas.

Okay I am beyond upset right now. I’m getting constant calls from numbers all over the country but mainly towns in Iowa and I know for a fact they aren’t from Iowa. They are all automated Chinese calls. They even leave me messages. I block every number but it’s getting so freaking annoying. Does anyone know how to stop this?!?!?!
I used to get dozens of those calls a day and I would religiously block them. They’ve stopped now but I dont know if it’s from blocking or they just circulated away from my number. The main thing to be careful about is to not call them back by mistake - that was a $104 charge on my work phone!![

Last edited:

New AmEx offers up for 10/1

Staples spend $100 get $25

Olive garden spend $50 get $10? x2

MGM offers again for Vegas and other destinations

Sorry on the move and going from crappy memory... Oh Sam's club 4x MR points offer too... Check your cards! :)
Yay! Got staples and olive garden My mom likes OG, maybe a GC for her.
Can someone help me decide on where to book our 15 year anniversary trip. It'll be for the first week in Nov (anniversary is Oct 29th). Looking for something tropical and relaxing. My husband is still getting comfortable with flying so nothing like an 8+ hour flight from Ohio. We also didn't have a great experience 15 yrs ago for our honeymoon in DR (he felt very uncomfortable there with armed guards with machine guns and we got scammed a few times at the airport paying different fees that weren't required). Leaning towards Grand Cayman, USVI, Turks or possibly Aruba as the safest and most "Americanized." (Again, I'm WORKING on him lol).
SW has flights to Costa Rica. We loved it there, took our then 3 yo DS. Lots of people speak English. We felt very safe in Liberia/west coast (Guanacaste). San Jose, where the other international airport is, has some sketchy areas.
The flight will probably not be direct from Ohio, so it might be longer than 8 hours including stops. From Chicago we had a layover in Dallas or Miami.
this is hilarious.... how do you keep track of how many books you read in a year? I'm too busy reading to bother....my Dsis writes down each and every title in her journal.... I just end one and start another b/c I can't go to sleep on the ending..so even if it's just one page I have to start the next! I always read at night in bed.....
I’m the same.

I’ve found the prices just as high at sporting events..hockey, baseball etc...and they don’t let you bring in your own food....so yea $7.25 is high but at least we can bring our own food into the parks if we don’t want to pay it
This. We go to our local Six Flags. Prices are pretty close to Disney, although popcorn refills still $1. However, no food allowed in the park. You can bring a water bottle but that’s it. Sometimes we pack a lunch but have to sweat out in the parking lot to eat it. A slurpee is $7, nachos are over 15.

Need some advice-

I realized last night that my oldest CC was not on my credit report, just my husbands. He called them today and they said I’m not really on the account, I just have a card with my name on it. HUH????? Why would anyone want that? Who would set up a married couples account that way? They said they’d have to re-pull my credit to add me correctly. This is a tiny state credit union but I’d like the 11 year AoA. WWYD? Let them pull?

DP on AmEx Aspire $250.00 resort credit.

On September 16th I had the WA Maldives put through a $250.00 charge on the card (well in a roundabout way) to utilize the resort credit. When the amount hadn't credited back by mid-last week I called and the CSR said the earliest they could do the credit manually would be today. I called this morning and they issued me the $250.00 credit (the CSR asked what I spent the $250.00 on, to which I replied: 'the resort' - not sure if she was digging or looking to deny the credit).

I had read on FT that sometimes Hilton doesn't automatically issue the $250.00 yearly credit and in my case they didn't. At least it's been looked after now. I am now going to e-mail the resort and ask them to set up a $350.00 payment so I can make use of the $70.00 statement credit (which expires December 31st).

So 2 weeks is the earliest they can manually push it through? Good to know. My charge from HGVC Craigendarroch didn't credit either. I waited about 8 weeks before doing chat and they put it through. I wonder if it's the international locations that tends to have issues.

Need some advice-

I realized last night that my oldest CC was not on my credit report, just my husbands. He called them today and they said I’m not really on the account, I just have a card with my name on it. HUH????? Why would anyone want that? Who would set up a married couples account that way? They said they’d have to re-pull my credit to add me correctly. This is a tiny state credit union but I’d like the 11 year AoA. WWYD? Let them pull?
I’d really want to understand how they would date that account when they add it. If by chance they do not back date it, then you’d take a 5/24 slot. With these small banks, that would be a worry to me. Having to do an inquiry to complete the request also gives me reason for pause. Something doesn’t smell right here.

That is absolutely ridiculous. I’m glad we have our refillable popcorn bucket that we can refill for $2
It used to be $1 lol

I always do pretzel no cheese for myself! 🥨

that cheese is nasty.

I just took DD3 to see Peppa Pig on stage this weekend. Popcorn and pretzels were in the $7 range. We went with the $3 bag of Doritos.

MSG is $6 for a bottle of water. Went to see elf on Broadway years ago and it was like $15 for a jumbo candy cane lol

Anybody know if they’re still selling the sulley popcorn bucket? I’d love to bring that back LOL!

I’m pretty sure I saw it in August. I see a lot of people with old buckets. I say bring it on your next trip lol

Anybody know if they’re still selling the sulley popcorn bucket? I’d love to bring that back LOL!
Last I saw it was in AK... but that was months ago. I'll let you know if I see any more recent reports!
I couldn’t find it last March during Spring Break. 😢
We were looking at March and she’s be 4 in early June. The problem isn’t kids are 5 years apart. So by the time she’s 4, my son will be almost 9. And I’m a little concerned about the getting too cool for Disney age. The big age gap makes it hard to balance.
My DS is 10 and we did our first Disney Cruise this past May/June (he turned 10 in March and had just finished 4th grade when we sailed). DS loved it. He said he was no way going to the kids club until I took him to open house and the CM asked him if he wanted to play gaga ball and he was all in. He also says he loved the desserts (essentially having so many food choices was loads of fun and the servers fawned on him at dinner) Honestly he could have cared less that we were in Alaska. He enjoyed whale watching excursion but on the ship he either wanted to be in kids club, eating or meeting characters.

I was just reading that some type of donut at DCA went up from $5-ish to $8-ish. Good thing I think their donuts all look terrible anyway!

Thanks for all the feedback on the Amex security code thing. Clearly the website I visited that wanted the 3-digit is very BASIC!

My parents took my kids on a very short Disney cruise two years ago and they DID NOT LIKE IT. My kids are weird. But, it made me happy to know that I don't need to waste my money bringing them along on my cruises!

Need some advice-

If it were me I wouldn’t add your name to it....since they are doing a credit check it may date your card as of now and it would take a 5/24 slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!