I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Marriott problem! I booked a room in NYC for next month, I made the reservation on August 20th. My plan was to use DH's free night certificate for one night and points for the next. It must now be peak time because the reservation is showing 50,000 points a night! It was either 25,000 or 35,000 points a night. I called customer service and they were clueless. I have the original confirmation but it doesn't have the point amount on it.

Which hotel did you book? I’m assuming it was a Cat 5 hotel with standard points pricing at 35k/night prior to 9/14? It appears Marriott recategorized some properties from Cat 5 to Cat 6 without notice when they were also implementing peak/off peak pricing. To be clear, this is not a peak/off peak pricing issue. If a Cat 5 hotel redemption was 35k/night before 9/14, peak pricing would now put it at “only” 40k/night. A 50k/night redemption must mean the hotel jumped a category, since 50k/night is the standard points pricing for a Cat 6 hotel.

For example, DoC noticed this with the Residence Inn in NYC:

And a few commenters on OMAAT noticed this at the Sheraton New York Times Square and the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park:
http://www.onemileatatime.com/marriott-peak-awards-not-what-i-expected/
This likely affected other hotels too. Unclear if this is a glitch or if Marriott actual recategorizing hotels without notice.

Finally found good airfare for our DVC Hilton head trip next spring. $366 round trip and non stop on Delta into Charlotte, NC. 4 hour drive to Hilton Head. We usually fly into Atlanta or Myrtle beach and they’re all about the same drive. Prices had been close to $800+ and a ton of miles. Was able to use URs and was shown basic economy and regular economy (as well as comfort + and first). Prices appeared identical to the Delta site. Finally a true 1.5x redemption!

I just went to pay on my HELOC using Plastiq and they asked me to submit an invoice. This has never happened before for me. Is it new or random or did I do something that triggered extra attention? I’m wondering if I just submit my credit union statement if that would work. It’s got my other accounts on there too, so I hate to send more info than necessary.

I just went to pay on my HELOC using Plastiq and they asked me to submit an invoice. This has never happened before for me. Is it new or random or did I do something that triggered extra attention? I’m wondering if I just submit my credit union statement if that would work. It’s got my other accounts on there too, so I hate to send more info than necessary.

Is this Plastiq personal or business account?

I know we've discussed connection lengths when traveling internationally, but I have yet another airport question.

How long would you allow at Vancouver when traveling from the US (EWR) to Sydney? Would 2.5 hours starting at 9pm be ok? (This is assuming the flights stay the same for the next 4-6 weeks lol)

I know we've discussed connection lengths when traveling internationally, but I have yet another airport question.

How long would you allow at Vancouver when traveling from the US (EWR) to Sydney? Would 2.5 hours starting at 9pm be ok? (This is assuming the flights stay the same for the next 4-6 weeks lol)

That time of night I'd be ok with that amount of time most anywhere except maybe JFK. Canada also has their own kind of GE through the Nexus card that requires a iris scan so not everyone getting there will be going through the same customs line. There could also be US citizens on the flight that participate in it. Otherwise I've only flown domestically within Canada and I know others have gone through VAN and customs within the past couple of years that will know how long it takes.

As far as I know it’s personal, but I didn’t realize there were different types of accounts. How can you tell?

I’m not sure as I only have personal but I’m assuming you’d know if you applied for a business account. They offer some fee free dollars (FFD) when signing up. Right now it’s $5K, not sure what it’s been in the past.

It also says they will verify your business so I’m guessing you’d remember having to do some sort of verification. If you don’t you most likely have a regular personal account.

First I’d try canceling out of the payment and starting over. Is this the first time you’ve sent a HELOC payment?

If you’re still asked and it’s worth it to you I’d go ahead and send statement from your bank since a mortgage/HELOC is an acceptable bill on MC.

I’m not sure as I only have personal but I’m assuming you’d know if you applied for a business account. They offer some fee free dollars (FFD) when signing up. Right now it’s $5K, not sure what it’s been in the past.

It also says they will verify your business so I’m guessing you’d remember having to do some sort of verification. If you don’t you most likely have a regular personal account.

First I’d try canceling out of the payment and starting over. Is this the first time you’ve sent a HELOC payment?

If you’re still asked and it’s worth it to you I’d go ahead and send statement from your bank since a mortgage/HELOC is an acceptable bill on MC.
I don’t think this a biz vs personal account issue. Asking for an invoice is not necessarily out of the norm from Plastiq. I think this just happens from time to time. It could be random or something about the activity might have triggered it. @Lain has advised others on this before I believe.

Well Dh and I finished season 4 of Schitt’s Creek! It was so good. I can’t wait for the next season to get put on Netflix in a couple weeks

Credit card related-I’m impatiently waiting for my CIP to arrive. I didn’t expedite it but we finished the MSR on my BBP and need a new one lol. We have flood insurance to pay for

That time of night I'd be ok with that amount of time most anywhere except maybe JFK. Canada also has their own kind of GE through the Nexus card that requires a iris scan so not everyone getting there will be going through the same customs line. There could also be US citizens on the flight that participate in it. Otherwise I've only flown domestically within Canada and I know others have gone through VAN and customs within the past couple of years that will know how long it takes.
Thanks :) A month or so away from booking our outbound flights and I'm getting nervous about the options.

Personally I would be ok with it. It's not a huge airport and that's usually not such a busy time of day.

What bank account bonuses are everyone working on?

My BoA $300 bonus posted earlier this week and my SoFi Investment $150 bonus/support also posted.

Of course now I’m looking for what to do next.

Thinking of the $500 business checking bonus at 5/3. I’ve done their personal ones and they’re pretty easy to deal with. Good for MO deposits too and several local to me. I hate going in branch so P2 will handle this one :)

Looking at Citi checking $400 for P2 as well since I’ve already done.

And might as well do $200 Discover Savings for P2, just need to move money back and forth on that one.

P2 is going to be busy!
I'm going for Santander $300. Also did Citizens, that one was pretty easy.

Well Dh and I finished season 4 of Schitt’s Creek! It was so good. I can’t wait for the next season to get put on Netflix in a couple weeks

Credit card related-I’m impatiently waiting for my CIP to arrive. I didn’t expedite it but we finished the MSR on my BBP and need a new one lol. We have flood insurance to pay for
So glad you guys stuck it out after the first few episodes of season 1 and enjoyed it!!! I love the musical chairs scene at the end of that season. So nice!!! I actually have season 5 on demand with my cable company. Maybe it's an option for you and it can help distract you while you wait for the CIP! :happytv:

I don’t think this a biz vs personal account issue. Asking for an invoice is not necessarily out of the norm from Plastiq. I think this just happens from time to time. It could be random or something about the activity might have triggered it. @Lain has advised others on this before I believe.

It is the first time it has happened to me, but I have paid on my HELOC maybe 3 or 4 times with Plastiq before. I used the “buy one get one free” deal from my account a week or so ago and tonight I was trying it from DH’s. I did cancel out of the transaction. I’ll try it again in a day or two. I was hoping to get the FFD for later this late fall when spring semester tuition needs to be paid, but I can always go from my account this week and use the 1% deal. It won’t help me with tuition later, but it would still be a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!