I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dh is willing to play this game as long as I don't ask much of him. So, I didn't ask him to call last time but he may have to this time. I'm also going to send the documents with tracking.
My DH is willing to play too with the same restrictions. He doesn’t want to make any phone calls. He was just approved for a citi AA biz card this past week. Haven’t tried the Barclays one yet.

Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of getting the account number to use on 9/26 (SW window opens) if I apply for the SW biz and am approved in the next day or so? Thanks

If you are looking for the companion pass for the next 2 years then that will be too early to apply. But in my experience, cobranded Chase cards take awhile to come in, at least a week.

View attachment 437785At Publix. For some reason I’m convinced I need these.

ETA:no clue why they are upside down.

Oh great, now I need these too. Publix is right down the street. We have a both sides of the family WDW Thanksgiving trip this year too.

Someone mentioned taking a screenshot of your picture, which seems weird, but has so far worked for me keeping them upright.

Yup, that's how I get it to work when it wants to show up in positions other than upright.

I don't know for sure for sure, but I do know he got into some financial trouble during the housing market plummet and then his divorce was a few years later...so probably a combination of reasons.

That said, I need suggestions on a strategy.

I cannot apply for CIP just yet.

And I am not ready to apply for the Hilton Aspire because I won't need those benefits until more than a year away. But I could always use some Hilton POINTS... maybe the no fee personal? I am currently 2/24 so that would take up a slot.

Thoughts? I need to accumulate URs and Hilton Honors points.

Is the reluctance to apply for the CIP the spend? There are a number of ways to make the spend with some creative thought processes. We have property taxes coming due soon so that will be paid with a credit card to meet MSR. Utilities can be pre-paid too. A number of other things can be paid with Plastiq that normally can't be paid with a credit card. You can get help from family members that don't travel hack and pay for things with *gasp* cash or debit cards. Go grocery shopping with them, or pay with your credit card and let them give you cash. I like it when someone in my family wants a new large appliance or tv. Of course there is always MS which takes a little more leg work to accomplish. If that is out of the question, then go for another UR earning card with a lower spend threshold. CSP. If you are going to go for a Hilton card, I'd go for the Business one from Amex so you don't take up a 5/24 spot.

Why am I watching Descendants 3 at 12am?! :confused3

Because the 2nd one was better than the first.

My dh & I went to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight. Anyone else seen it? We were huge fans of the series and the movie just felt like coming back home to me but forced in way, if that makes sense at all!?! Still liked it and I can see where they left all kinds of doors open for the next movie.

ETA: I love Branson. He is adorable and I love his devotion to the Granthams and I want him happy!!

I am hoping this will be offered on the plane to Japan next week.

I've only heard of Descendants recently and have no idea what it's really about. Yeah, I'm out of touch. :(

My niece told me about it a few years ago. I just watched the first two within the last week finally. I will keep my expectations low for number 3. It's about the children of the Disney characters we all know, including the villains. The main characters are the daughters of Maleficient and Evil Queen and sons of Beauty and the Beast, Cruella and Jafar and their high school experience. It's format reminiscent of High School Musical. It's cute, but I thought the songs in HSM were better. Although, I am enjoying the costuming. I'm watching so I don't feel as out of touch LOL

@marsh0013 So I am looking at some August fares through the UR portal and some NYC to LAX flights booked directly with URs and a CSR may actually be better than transferring to United

View attachment 437858

This flight uses 2,220 more points than a saver award, but would save 12,780 - 22,780 points depending on what United is charging and the $5.60 fee and you would earn MileagePlus points. 🤔

I'd book that with URs in a heartbeat without a second thought. JMO

Just got my DS “in the game” lol, not really. But he just applied for his first credit card and was approved the discover student card. At least he will be starting to build credit now! I tried to open a cd for him before and was refused at one online bank because they couldn’t verify his identity. Having his own CC should help I would think.

What bank account bonuses are everyone working on?

My BoA $300 bonus posted earlier this week and my SoFi Investment $150 bonus/support also posted.

Of course now I’m looking for what to do next.

Thinking of the $500 business checking bonus at 5/3. I’ve done their personal ones and they’re pretty easy to deal with. Good for MO deposits too and several local to me. I hate going in branch so P2 will handle this one :)

Looking at Citi checking $400 for P2 as well since I’ve already done.

And might as well do $200 Discover Savings for P2, just need to move money back and forth on that one.

P2 is going to be busy!

I’m still working on a US Bank checking acct $300 bonus. Should be able to finish requirements this week depending on how long it takes Serve to transfer. All the DP’s I’ve seen show that Serve counts as a DD so hopefully it works!

My dh & I went to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight. Anyone else seen it? We were huge fans of the series and the movie just felt like coming back home to me but forced in way, if that makes sense at all!?! Still liked it and I can see where they left all kinds of doors open for the next movie.

ETA: I love Branson. He is adorable and I love his devotion to the Granthams and I want him happy!!

Haven’t seen the movie yet, but plan to. I started rewatching the series this week. Hopefully it’s still in the theaters when I finish!

Interesting, I no longer have a Costco close enough to use regularly so didn't renew. You feel it saves you enough in car rental to make it worth it? The closest Costco is an hour away so between an occasional use and rental savings it might be worth a review. Thanks
Yeah...my costco is about 20+ minutes away,and I hate shopping in gigantic places that make me feel like a wandering orphan that needs to buy $8 million worth of stuff to get out....(yeah,I know I'm weird) I much prefer small grocery stores that are quick in/out and I know what I need to buy (I'm talking to you Aldi) HOWEVER I've been a member for at least 5 years now! I do shop there once or maybe twice a year just for fun (and spend too much) but the rental savings is what keeps me a member, I can't beat it anywhere. That combined with the 2nd free driver always got me. And I save far more than that $60 AF I pay. once we had a regular schedule of car rental/travel 3-4 times a year it was worth it.

Interesting, I no longer have a Costco close enough to use regularly so didn't renew. You feel it saves you enough in car rental to make it worth it? The closest Costco is an hour away so between an occasional use and rental savings it might be worth a review. Thanks
Yeah...my costco is about 20+ minutes away,and I hate shopping in gigantic places that make me feel like a wandering orphan that needs to buy $8 million worth of stuff to get out....(yeah,I know I'm weird) I much prefer small grocery stores that are quick in/out and I know what I need to buy (I'm talking to you Aldi) HOWEVER I've been a member for at least 5 years now! I do shop there once or maybe twice a year just for fun (and spend too much) but the rental savings is what keeps me a member, I can't beat it anywhere. That combined with the 2nd free driver always got me. And I save far more than that $60 AF I pay. once we had a regular schedule of car rental/travel 3-4 times a year it was worth it.
Anyone on here made the switch from Marriott to Hilton? I travel quite a bit for work, maybe 40-50 nights a year. I used to make up the other 25-35 nights needed for what is now Titanium with Marriott through having 2-3 of their co-branded cards, as you'd get 15 elite nights per card. Since they took that away last year, it looks like I'm going to be short this year. I'm lifetime Platinum, and they've also taken away the ability to get lifetime Titanium, so there's nothing else for me to do there. I guess I'm thinking this might be a good time to make the switch. I have Hilton Gold through the Amex biz. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As an aside, I know a lot of you are fans of Hyatt, and I am interested in that but the place I travel to most for work doesn't have one, so it wouldn't do me much good right now.
I don't travel for work but I started the switchover last year,now flush with Hh points,and Bonvoy points are dwindling (sadly) b/c they're just not useful to me anymore. Hh points are so much easier to get and use! I love Hyatt too(just discovered those) but use it less.

I know! It's too quiet. I've been caught up for days and that never happens. Other than grocery shopping and an oh-so-exciting trip to Lowe's for some DGCs (the Amex emails already showed up saying we used the deals) it's been a pretty boring Saturday. :rolleyes1
i go the lowes offer on a couple of cards, I guess I can use them on amazon gc-whole foods gc...love that store but I need to save some $ there!

I’m trying to decide what to do about this-

I have a trip coming up to the dolphin booked with aa miles. I paid more miles to book a king room.

I had called the dolphin direct and linked my reservation so I could get my mde number for fast passes.

Now when I log into my Marriott account it says I have a 2 double bed room. I really want the king I paid for.

Should I call the dolphin now or should I wait til I get there and see what I have. We arrive at like 6pm on a Friday, so rooms might be pretty full.

I’m not normally a complainer, but I want the king bed I paid more for lol.

Anyone on here made the switch from Marriott to Hilton? I travel quite a bit for work, maybe 40-50 nights a year. I used to make up the other 25-35 nights needed for what is now Titanium with Marriott through having 2-3 of their co-branded cards, as you'd get 15 elite nights per card. Since they took that away last year, it looks like I'm going to be short this year. I'm lifetime Platinum, and they've also taken away the ability to get lifetime Titanium, so there's nothing else for me to do there. I guess I'm thinking this might be a good time to make the switch. I have Hilton Gold through the Amex biz. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As an aside, I know a lot of you are fans of Hyatt, and I am interested in that but the place I travel to most for work doesn't have one, so it wouldn't do me much good right now.

We are a Hilton family here. DH is only a year or so from lifetime diamond. He travels about 100 nights a year for work...all Hilton unless I force him to use an amex deal or something at a marriott. (hey, free money is free money).
Before the merger, I was planning to have him start splitting his stays to accrue both types of points. Once he renewed diamond for a year, move over to marriott to hit status there. He is currently gold at marriott from his amex plat, but that really is nothing. Well, during/after the merger they infuriated me more than once so I we are just sticking with hilton. I have 3 free 35k night certs to use and a 7 night cert and literally have nothing to use them for at the moment. I think that is mostly mental because I despise marriott so much. :sad2:

As for Hilton, they have never really made me mad. Sure, they have devalued over time, but so has every program. He earns tons of points from work travel and we reap the rewards of free personal travel to some great properties for it. A lot of the complaints of super high points I think comes from nonstandard room rewards. The resorts we frequent have remained at a fairly constant rate over time. I see the smaller hamptons in random towns fluctuate more, but I don't often use points for that type of place. I do wish there was a way to book upgraded rooms with a reasonable amount of points, but there just isn't. So we do a standard room and ask nicely for an upgrade. Sometimes it works, sometimes not....but when we are in a free room at a nice beach resort, I can't get too mad about that.

I know a lot of people jumped ship from marriott during the merger and came to Hilton. I'd say give it a try and see how you like it. You can always go back.

I'd love to have him stay at Hyatts, but the footprint is just too small.

Has anyone stayed at the Wyndham Garden or regular Wyndham at Disney springs area? I need 1 night for DD and they are really cheap...($49/$76 on PLE). I'd love to put her at the hilton bonnet creek but once I add on the resort fee it is pricey. There is nothing under $200 on property....weird for September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!