I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got that message when I applied and had the Choice Privileges card with them for 5+ years and Arrival +. I sent it in and was approved. I found the thing to do was follow up. Make sure they received the documents, etc. It was a hassle but it will get me the points.
My dh is willing to play this game as long as I don't ask much of him. So, I didn't ask him to call last time but he may have to this time. I'm also going to send the documents with tracking.

Hilton has its downsides too. High point costs for some properties and frequent changes in points required ie dynamic pricing. I booked Hilton through the UR portal for Spring Break because there was no availability thru Hilton at all, but I’m probably going to cancel and split stay between Hyatt and Marriott.

I am sure all of the rewards programs have their faults. I haven't used them enough to really be familiar with the ins and outs of each. For this Thanksgiving trip, though, I was able to book all four nights through Hilton getting a value of about .06 per point, which from my brief google search seems to be within the standard value. For the two nights that Marriott was going to let me book, I would have been getting about the same value--but from what I understand, Marriott points are supposed to be worth more than Hilton points. Plus the "you can't book this with points but you can pay cash" message just irked me.

My dh & I went to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight. Anyone else seen it? We were huge fans of the series and the movie just felt like coming back home to me but forced in way, if that makes sense at all!?! Still liked it and I can see where they left all kinds of doors open for the next movie.

ETA: I love Branson. He is adorable and I love his devotion to the Granthams and I want him happy!!

Recommendations for which Hilton card to get (something other than the Aspire... don't wanna get that till later)? CIP not an option at the moment but Hilton points are good.

I can do the no fee Hilton for 80K points or one of the $95 AF ones for 130K points I think.

Idk. My girls said it was dumb lol!

Disclaimer: I've not seen any of those movies...
HAHA it really is! My coworkers' kids are all obsessed so I figured I would watch it when I saw it on demand, but I may need to shut it off! I was able to handle 1 and 2, but this is something special :rotfl:

The first two were way better. This one was only decent if you fast forward through the songs because they are so awful.

1 and 2 had catchy songs! So far in 3 they turned Dove Cameron's character into an "old hag" and I am confused LOL

It's a spell, I just forget if what's her name, Aurora's daughter, put it on her (I think) or if it's from something that happened elsewhere, but I don't think they've been back to the island again yet at this point. I can't remember, there's another storyline that's just what?!? and why is it necessary and how does it make sense. But you aren't there yet if she's only turned into a hag. Beast jr also wasn't in this one enough and dopey's son was under utilized. It really didn't need to be made but money.

The first two were way better. This one was only decent if you fast forward through the songs because they are so awful.

It's a spell, I just forget if what's her name, Aurora's daughter, put it on her (I think) or if it's from something that happened elsewhere, but I don't think they've been back to the island again yet at this point. I can't remember, there's another storyline that's just what?!? and why is it necessary and how does it make sense. But you aren't there yet if she's only turned into a hag. Beast jr also wasn't in this one enough and dopey's son was under utilized. It really didn't need to be made but money.
I just heard "Do What You Gotta Do" and it was ok. LOL I am halfway through so I am committed at this point 🤣 I was happy Audrey wasn't in the second movie so I am not sure why they felt the need to bring her back as the main villain in the 3rd :confused3

Recommendations for which Hilton card to get (something other than the Aspire... don't wanna get that till later)? CIP not an option at the moment but Hilton points are good.

I can do the no fee Hilton for 80K points or one of the $95 AF ones for 130K points I think.
The only Hilton card that will truly remain off Chase's radar is the Hilton Business card. You are welcome to get a personal Hilton card, but keep in mind that this will take up a 5/24 slot and will be a personal card appearing on your credit report. One personal card shouldn't make or break your approval odds and/or shutdown risk with Chase BUT if you plan to continue to pursue Chase cards every 2-3 months you want to limit your personal cards from other issuers as well. This can be frustrating, but Chase will deny people due to too many recent accounts (and it doesn't just have to be their accounts).

It also seems that right now none of the Hilton cards are at an all-time high (although they change so often I honestly can't keep track of the offers Amex is circulating at any given time).

It seems like the Aspire is an important part of your future strategy. With that being the case, you'll want to make sure to keep Amex happy to involve the notorious popup messages. The first step is to meet the MSR methodically through lots of charges. Don't spend $3k or $5k or whatever all at once. Try to meet the MSR through a series of normal transactions over the course of 2+ months. Then from there, you're going to to want to put regular recurring spend on this card. This isn't a token $10 monthly spend but likely $100+ (maybe more - others can chime in) in bona fide monthly spend. If the card you choose has an AF, you also then don't want to cancel this card when the next AF rolls around. You want to keep the card open and pay the AF which again keeps Amex happy so you're committing to at least 2 AFs.

I know this all sounds very "doom and gloom" but I'm not opposed to somebody grabbing an Amex card. Grabbing a Hilton card now might be the perfect next move for you. I just want to make sure they understand the risks and the landscape we're operating in right now with Amex. If you see a card/bonus that interests you, look for public offers and compare them to the offers on DISchurners to make sure you're getting the best offer. Hilton offers change a lot so make sure to click on the links on DISchurners to verify what the offer is (it may be different than what it says).

I've only heard of Descendants recently and have no idea what it's really about. Yeah, I'm out of touch. :(

My dh & I went to see the Downton Abbey movie tonight. Anyone else seen it? We were huge fans of the series and the movie just felt like coming back home to me but forced in way, if that makes sense at all!?! Still liked it and I can see where they left all kinds of doors open for the next movie.

ETA: I love Branson. He is adorable and I love his devotion to the Granthams and I want him happy!!

I haven't seen the movie, but loved the TV show! I'll probably just wait until it comes out on DVD since I really don't like going to the movies anymore, but this one is really tempting me to go and see it.

I haven't seen the movie, but loved the TV show! I'll probably just wait until it comes out on DVD since I really don't like going to the movies anymore, but this one is really tempting me to go and see it.
We go to the movies far more than we should. We go see every new Disney movie with our kids. But dh & I don't get to see many just us two so this was a treat!

@marsh0013 So I am looking at some August fares through the UR portal and some NYC to LAX flights booked directly with URs and a CSR may actually be better than transferring to United

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.25.02 AM.png

This flight uses 2,220 more points than a saver award, but would save 12,780 - 22,780 points depending on what United is charging and the $5.60 fee and you would earn MileagePlus points. 🤔

Can anyone tell me what the likelihood of getting the account number to use on 9/26 (SW window opens) if I apply for the SW biz and am approved in the next day or so? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts