I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you have any idea why?
I don't know for sure for sure, but I do know he got into some financial trouble during the housing market plummet and then his divorce was a few years later...so probably a combination of reasons.

That said, I need suggestions on a strategy.

I cannot apply for CIP just yet.

And I am not ready to apply for the Hilton Aspire because I won't need those benefits until more than a year away. But I could always use some Hilton POINTS... maybe the no fee personal? I am currently 2/24 so that would take up a slot.

Thoughts? I need to accumulate URs and Hilton Honors points.

DLR tix aren’t taxed. So the price you see on the website or at the booth is the price you pay.

DLR single day tix are subject to peak and off peak pricing. Multi-day tix are not subject to peak and off peak pricing.
I somehow have forgotten all that since May last (only) trip to DLR. Thanks

Well, I just switched our Thanksgiving week reservation from Marriott to Hilton because Marriott wouldn't let me use points for the two most expensive nights of the stay.

I find it interesting that Marriott seems to have alienated the entire spectrum of customers, from occasional personal travelers to regular business travelers.
Hilton has its downsides too. High point costs for some properties and frequent changes in points required ie dynamic pricing. I booked Hilton through the UR portal for Spring Break because there was no availability thru Hilton at all, but I’m probably going to cancel and split stay between Hyatt and Marriott.
View attachment 437785At Publix. For some reason I’m convinced I need these.

ETA:no clue why they are upside down.
You need them because they are super cute!
For anyone bored on a Saturday, Dh and I FINALLY uploaded our next vlog. Here’s the link:
DS loves Pokémon, watches the stinking cartoon all.the.time. His response you your video “Don’t show me that unless we’re going there”

Hilton has its downsides too. High point costs for some properties and frequent changes in points required ie dynamic pricing. I booked Hilton through the UR portal for Spring Break because there was no availability thru Hilton at all, but I’m probably going to cancel and split stay between Hyatt and Marriott.

You need them because they are super cute!

DS loves Pokémon, watches the stinking cartoon all.the.time. His response you your video “Don’t show me that unless we’re going there”
Haha that’s funny. I watched the cartoon as a kid too. I also had too many cards and all of the games on my gameboy. I even had a Pokémon birthday party

Yep that’s what I’ve heard. I’m going to stick with Marriott to the end of the year. If they renew me at titanium I’ll probably just stay. The room upgrades I get can be pretty sweet really. Per @tink1970 suggestion, I’ll free agent it a bit. I wonder if I message Marriott and say I’m thinking of moving, would they give me the equivalent of a retention offer?

Total novice questions on SW - I can check in tomorrow morning for my flight to CA. It is not non-stop. Will I have the same boarding number for the second leg? I don’t check in for each leg, right?

Total novice questions on SW - I can check in tomorrow morning for my flight to CA. It is not non-stop. Will I have the same boarding number for the second leg? I don’t check in for each leg, right?
Correct, you will be checked in for all travel segments and have separate boarding passes for both flights, assuming you need to change planes.

I loved Aruba! And the Renaissance is actually really fun also. Our 2 favorite things were the jolly pirates snorkeling trip and renting a Jeep to see the donkey sanctuary, and the natural pools and caves in Arikok national park.
I’ve been browsing some info for our Aruba trip. When you stayed at the Renaissance, did you stay in the Ocean suites? How was the sofa bed? Right now I have 1 room at the Ocean Suites for our 3 adult kids. We are booked on the Marina side where they only allow 2 people in the rooms. How close were the two sides?

Sad Unify update on DoC. Might be LA or Orange County only now: https://www.doctorofcredit.com/unif...-100-checking-bonus-ca-only-maybe-nationwide/

I had a fam member in CA apply last month but doesn’t live within these new restrictions and even after being asked to send in their drivers license a couple weeks ago have received no follow up.

I had a great quick trip to WDW and will report back all my points and miles shenanigans (“all” lol there weren’t really that many) as soon as I’m over this stupid cold I came back with!

App'ed for my dh the aviator biz. I app'ed for him before on Mar 1. Got this same message:

"Thanks for your interest.
Your application is being reviewed.
Thanks for submitting an application for the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard.

We're processing your application and need additional information from you. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we'll try to contact you at any of the phone numbers you provided in your application.
If we're unable to talk to you directly, we'll send a letter requesting additional information.
Thank you very much for your attention. We look forward to speaking with you."

We ended up getting a letter asking for ID verification info, which we immediately sent in and then never heard a word back from them. Ugh! I don't understand why this card is so hard to get for him. He only has one Barclay (and that is all he's ever had) and he uses that card a lot. We both use our Arrival+ cards a lot so this just makes no sense.

I’ve been browsing some info for our Aruba trip. When you stayed at the Renaissance, did you stay in the Ocean suites? How was the sofa bed? Right now I have 1 room at the Ocean Suites for our 3 adult kids. We are booked on the Marina side where they only allow 2 people in the rooms. How close were the two sides?

The sofa bed was good. My 2 boys shared and they seemed fine. The two sides are fairly close, but not right next to each other. Maybe a little more than a block away? I don’t you would want to be constantly walking back and forth a lot.

App'ed for my dh the aviator biz. I app'ed for him before on Mar 1. Got this same message:

"Thanks for your interest.
Your application is being reviewed.
Thanks for submitting an application for the AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard.

We're processing your application and need additional information from you. In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we'll try to contact you at any of the phone numbers you provided in your application.
If we're unable to talk to you directly, we'll send a letter requesting additional information.
Thank you very much for your attention. We look forward to speaking with you."

We ended up getting a letter asking for ID verification info, which we immediately sent in and then never heard a word back from them. Ugh! I don't understand why this card is so hard to get for him. He only has one Barclay (and that is all he's ever had) and he uses that card a lot. We both use our Arrival+ cards a lot so this just makes no sense.
I got that message when I applied and had the Choice Privileges card with them for 5+ years and Arrival +. I sent it in and was approved. I found the thing to do was follow up. Make sure they received the documents, etc. It was a hassle but it will get me the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!