I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we have a lot of Target shoppers and the Debit card has been discussed a lot. Doc posted this intriguing offer

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/appl...t-and-get-50-off-100-shopping-trip-9-22-9-28/
I will admit, I already have both the debit and credit, BUT it could be interesting for anyone with multiple checking accounts. 🤣 When I applied years ago all you needed was a blank check to sign-up in store.
Thanks, I didn't see that. I am already in the process of converting my checking from BoA to Chase so this is perfect timing.

I do this with all of my cards. I never get a bill and my checking account shows a somewhat accurate balance since I am essentially using my CC as a debit.
I love this idea, but I thought I read somewhere that cc companies frown on that. I didn't really get why but if there's not a downside I will definitely switch to this practice. It would make me feel better about reducing the CL also.

you know..... the last time they had this deal I signed up thru the proper channels and never got that dang gc!!! And I never go in there either..... I just keep it b/c it's always the cheapest car rental....
Interesting, I no longer have a Costco close enough to use regularly so didn't renew. You feel it saves you enough in car rental to make it worth it? The closest Costco is an hour away so between an occasional use and rental savings it might be worth a review. Thanks

That is still all you need lol. One of my dd's works at Target. They've been doing the $40 off $100 most recently and before that was $40 off $40+ so this offer falls somewhere in the middle. It's a good offer though overall! I only have a Redcard credit card and keep thinking I will go for a debit on one of these good offers.
Stupid question, but assume the debit doesn't count against 5/24? And no credit check? I have had a redcard forever, but I could sock drawer a debit card.

Would appreciate some help/opinions on airfare for our upcoming vero Beach trip.
Background: I reserved a 3 bedroom cottage for vero over spring break not realizing it was spring break (we went last year also but the week before spring break and it was fabulous). I can't cancel because it would break my DGD heart. I have committed to waiting until the SW window opens on the 26th (although my oldest DD is being induced on the 25th so I'm hoping I will be able to dedicate the time to watching SW's website). I am not optimistic it will work out any cheaper as SW flights have been as high or higher than the legacies, add the diminished n/s options it's a recipe for disaster but I still think it offers the most security. Last year my oldest DD and family had to cancel because she was in the hospital with HG (related to her pregnancy). My youngest not to be outdone by her sister is now looking at adding on to their family. I need to book her and her family on SW for the cancellation policy. I am thinking about transferring UR points to SW so if there is a cancellation the points will go back in my RR account.
My question: I know that may not be the best use of UR points but am I missing any other options? Also, would the points all go back to my RR account or would they be credited individually like when you pay cash? Thanks much appreciated

I love this idea, but I thought I read somewhere that cc companies frown on that. I didn't really get why but if there's not a downside I will definitely switch to this practice. It would make me feel better about reducing the CL also.

I have been doing it for years and had no issues with the credit card companies. I actually called Chase about it before I first applied for my CSP almost four years ago when I started playing the "points for travel" game. Since I never come close to my CL being reached I don't think they care. I do this with Amex and Discover too. I pay the CCs directly from my CC accounts, not my bank's billpay.

Would appreciate some help/opinions on airfare for our upcoming vero Beach trip.
Background: I reserved a 3 bedroom cottage for vero over spring break not realizing it was spring break (we went last year also but the week before spring break and it was fabulous). I can't cancel because it would break my DGD heart. I have committed to waiting until the SW window opens on the 26th (although my oldest DD is being induced on the 25th so I'm hoping I will be able to dedicate the time to watching SW's website). I am not optimistic it will work out any cheaper as SW flights have been as high or higher than the legacies, add the diminished n/s options it's a recipe for disaster but I still think it offers the most security. Last year my oldest DD and family had to cancel because she was in the hospital with HG (related to her pregnancy). My youngest not to be outdone by her sister is now looking at adding on to their family. I need to book her and her family on SW for the cancellation policy. I am thinking about transferring UR points to SW so if there is a cancellation the points will go back in my RR account.
My question: I know that may not be the best use of UR points but am I missing any other options? Also, would the points all go back to my RR account or would they be credited individually like when you pay cash? Thanks much appreciated
Congrats on the upcoming birth...

I have transferred URs to my RR account...also love the flexibility....
If you have to cancel the RR points go back into your account and the 5.60 is refunded to your CC...just make sure to pick that option

Congrats on the upcoming birth...

I have transferred URs to my RR account...also love the flexibility....
If you have to cancel the RR points go back into your account and the 5.60 is refunded to your CC...just make sure to pick that option
Thanks :) and thanks, that's a relief. I can't believe how expensive the air is. I could take the whole family to Oahu cheaper than Florida.

you know..... the last time they had this deal I signed up thru the proper channels and never got that dang gc!!! And I never go in there either..... I just keep it b/c it's always the cheapest car rental....

They usually put gift cards on your account (such as when you refer a member) and you can ask them at customer service. Not sure if this will be the case for you but if it was me for $20 I'd go in and ask.

What bank account bonuses are everyone working on?

My BoA $300 bonus posted earlier this week and my SoFi Investment $150 bonus/support also posted.

Of course now I’m looking for what to do next.

Thinking of the $500 business checking bonus at 5/3. I’ve done their personal ones and they’re pretty easy to deal with. Good for MO deposits too and several local to me. I hate going in branch so P2 will handle this one :)

Looking at Citi checking $400 for P2 as well since I’ve already done.

And might as well do $200 Discover Savings for P2, just need to move money back and forth on that one.

P2 is going to be busy!

My BoA $300 bonus posted earlier this week and my SoFi Investment $150 bonus/support also posted.

Thinking of the $500 business checking bonus at 5/3. I’ve done their personal ones and they’re pretty easy to deal with. Good for MO deposits too and several local to me. I hate going in branch so P2 will handle this one :)

And might as well do $200 Discover Savings for P2, just need to move money back and forth on that one.

P2 is going to be busy!

unify and Wells Fargo for me. I want to open some others before the end of the month.

P2 is going to be busy!
I'm working on a Citizens $600 bonus. It was a targeted mailer that I received this week. Unfortunately, there was no option for cc funding this time. I think I had my first bank bonus fail with Harbor One. Oh well, I wasn't expecting it to work because of the DD. It was worth a try.

For many airlines, yes. Not for ANA bookings. You have to book RT flights. Now, it may be possible that you can book the one way using the full RT cost of miles but the agent I spoke to when booking said I had to have a RT flight if I wanted to change my return date to my real date. So, that is what I went with. Finding F space as a partner award on ANA is supposedly tough. I'm glad I managed it and am fine with it even if I don;t get the return for my real date.

Ok that makes the most sense for me, since I did not realize you had to book RT!!! Thank you!!!

I need to get a move on. November will be here before we know it!

I’m not sure there’s a problem. I often see my balance remain the same on some cc, while the payment posts. Do you pay from the cc website or a bill pay service? Either should guarantee your payment “arrives” on the day you chose. You’d think in this electronic world everything would be instant but it generally takes a couple days to post. Only one I’ve had issue with was CIP and that was from my chase bank account to CIP account, and they reversed all the fees.

Well, when I log in today, I now show (as expected) 2 payments... both with yesterday's post date on them. Well, I guess that puts me ahead for next time.... :sad2:

I normally pay everything from my credit union through their bill pay function. I have always left a couple days' lead time and have never had a problem with the recipients posting in time until I got a Capital One card last fall. They don't like to post as timely as my CF has (for years) so I just assumed it was Capital One. Clearly I've been spoiled! I don't think my CU guarantees anything, that I'm aware of. I went back and forth with them earlier this spring about the Capital One thing. Capital One eventually reversed the late charge since the payment showed cleared through my CU but it was a process I don't wish to go through again.

Why not avoid the stress and do the payments through the CC site? I only use my banks billpay for my mortgage and it's because it's easier and a better site. Everything else I pay through whatever is due, CC, student loan etc. There's no worry because of how it's set up.

Yes, I am definitely going to have to look into that. I PREFER to have all my bills paid the same way (it's easier for me to see it all in one place), but I see that I may have to get out of my comfort zone if I am going to make this work and avoid some stress!

Anyone on here made the switch from Marriott to Hilton? I travel quite a bit for work, maybe 40-50 nights a year. I used to make up the other 25-35 nights needed for what is now Titanium with Marriott through having 2-3 of their co-branded cards, as you'd get 15 elite nights per card. Since they took that away last year, it looks like I'm going to be short this year. I'm lifetime Platinum, and they've also taken away the ability to get lifetime Titanium, so there's nothing else for me to do there. I guess I'm thinking this might be a good time to make the switch. I have Hilton Gold through the Amex biz. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

As an aside, I know a lot of you are fans of Hyatt, and I am interested in that but the place I travel to most for work doesn't have one, so it wouldn't do me much good right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!