I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah... the pics are amazing.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks :-) It was a very cool experience to be sure. However, when we go to the Al Maha and Maldives again in a few years, we won't spend the extra points or do a position flight to fly in "shower class" again. It was a great experience but there is no need to do it again. I really did like their business class product and both the PlanePrincess and I are happy to fly those longs flights in business class. I feel the same about JAL. Loved their first class fligh but their business class is excellent and there's is no need to spend the extra points for first.

Last edited:

Omg. Y’all. We spent the weekend at a horse show with my ILs and apparently my MIL put a bunch of their leftover clothes and towels in a trash bag in the backseat of the truck before they left. My FIL thought it was trash and threw it away 🤦‍♀️ My MIL said every pair of shorts she had was in the bag.

My mom also lost her dog for a couple hours earlier. Thankfully she came back after a while.

I literally just need everyone in this family to keep it together for five days so we can get to Disney World.

I don't think there was any nudity. Definitely cursing, but I watched it on my iPad while flying and did not feel awkward to have it on my screen :rotfl:

View attachment 435487

I was asking my wife for a good movie for my flight once. She said The Great Gatsby was good. Luckily I was in the very last row, but there's still people in/out of bathroom and staff milling around. My first inclination was to hit "Pause". Well that just freezes the nudes on the screen. 😳 Otherwise it was a great movie (and a good use of 2 hours)

Omg. Y’all. We spent the weekend at a horse show with my ILs and apparently my MIL put a bunch of their leftover clothes and towels in a trash bag in the backseat of the truck before they left. My FIL thought it was trash and threw it away 🤦‍♀️ My MIL said every pair of shorts she had was in the bag.

My mom also lost her dog for a couple hours earlier. Thankfully she came back after a while.

I literally just need everyone in this family to keep it together for five days so we can get to Disney World.
OMG, are they going dumpster diving to find them or does your MIL get a new shorts wardrobe?

My DH did that once. I had some maternity tops and a sling in a bag. A grocery bag, not a garbage bag, in the pack 'n play. I didn't realize it until I sold the sling for $25 and went looking for it to ship. Why would a bag of "trash" be in the pack 'n play?!

Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Acme/Jewel/Shaw’s is running a deal on Visa Gift Cards, now until 9/28/19.

• Save $10 on $100+ VGC ($5.95 activation fee/each, $4.05 savings). This coupon has worked on variable load VGCs up to $500, which is your best bet to maximize the rewards you’ll earn on the fee and savings.

Add the Just4U coupon on the Safeway app, or create an online account and add the offer there. Add the offers to your account(s) ASAP, as Safeway et al. has been known to pull a coupon before the expiration date. Limit 1 per account.

Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR. Amex cards on which you're working towards MSR are generally fine to use for gift cards at grocery stores as long as you mix in some actual grocery items to give your purchase an odd number.

Tagging @amalone1013. :thumbsup2
Mine has buy 2 of the $100 or 2 of the $50 and get 8x rewards, which can be good for gas but you can only get up to $1 off per gallon. Then it says 'limit one per transaction'. And then it says 'unlimited'. Way to confuse me. But no actual discount on the service fee.

OMG, are they going dumpster diving to find them or does your MIL get a new shorts wardrobe?

New wardrobe. They called up to the horse center to see but no one answered, and it’s 4 and a half hours away from them anyways, so not even sure how they’d get it.

My DH did that once. I had some maternity tops and a sling in a bag. A grocery bag, not a garbage bag, in the pack 'n play. I didn't realize it until I sold the sling for $25 and went looking for it to ship. Why would a bag of "trash" be in the pack 'n play?!

Yup, we frequently put our dirty clothes in the trash bag when we leave the horse show, so not sure why he thought this was different. My mom said my dad did the same thing one time. 🤦‍♀️

It’s been 76 days since my last app (Dischruners Anonymous?)
Actually DHs SW Biz. Need a 2nd SW card to get CP, also have insurance due 10/1. Was thinking of just the Plus card since any of the personal cards would give us enough points. Or am I better off trying for another biz card? I now it’s a bit short of the 3 months, but I’d like the card before insurance is due.

I like the Priority card...since the $149 AF is reduced to $74 by using the $75 SW credit..which can be used for flights, EBCI etc..you also get 4 upgraded boarding reimbursed and 7,500 RR anniversary points

See, my thought was, I can save $12 to $15 on my groceries with every 800 points I earn at Safeway... could even use on gas, which is slightly out of the way, but would save $11 to $24 depending on the vehicle. So not unusable for me if I had those, but I just see the $10 off coupon in CO.

I think the $10 off coupon makes you feel as if you've made out up front. The 8x rewards are a little more work, but can be more lucrative if you plan it carefully and follow through.

There's a couple I like. The ones I have don't seem to be available anymore. But there is one type that looks similar. If I don't need to carry anything other than a small wallet and my phone I like type.

https://www.ebags.com/product/trave...body-and-waist-pack/341724?productid=10668808

I like this type too and am somewhat tempted.

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/anti-theft-small-crossbody/353312?productid=10614508

I find these bags to be very versatile when traveling, easy to pack if you want to bring several colors and the line has a number of sizes and configurations. As for Disney, I carry no bags with me unless it is Dapper Days and part of an outfit.
The first link is the one College dd uses when abroad.
I was asking my wife for a good movie for my flight once. She said The Great Gatsby was good. Luckily I was in the very last row, but there's still people in/out of bathroom and staff milling around. My first inclination was to hit "Pause". Well that just freezes the nudes on the screen. 😳 Otherwise it was a great movie (and a good use of 2 hours)
Dh was watching more episodes of some Netflix show while flying, and he had never realized the amount of violence and nudity in the show until he was sitting next to a woman doing her daily devotions :eek::laughing:

Fingers crossed that it didn't mess up (because there was some glitch in paying for it, of course) but 25K MRs should be on their way to DH's account thanks to the AF deal they are running right now. 🤞

This sucks because my 35,000 point reservations went up to 40,000 and now they won't let me apply a 35,000 point certificate to it. I have one 50,000 point certificate coming and one 35,000 point certificate but now all my Marriott bookings are 40k/night:(

I'm right there with you, and really mad. I wanted to use the 50K free night that came with the Lux (or whatever it's called now) when it posted, but now they raised the points cost to 55K on the one we have booked. #bonvoyed I will say it's making this card look like it won't be a keeper. 😡

Now we are hunting for an open gas station. I swear I have the worst lyft drivers in la lol

Is that even allowed? I really don't enjoy riding with Lyft and Uber for the most part. :(

What is this ironing you speak of... I just throw my clothing back in the dryer with a wet towel 😝

I have no clue what they are talking about. I know I had to go buy one of those iron thingys when DD was little and liked to play with perler beads and I needed to set them. Until then I saw no need for an iron. :rotfl:

So.... unsure if this belongs here or over on strategies,but I don't think this is advanced or anything... I want to help DS,who is very interested in various types of future travel with friends. Background is working at his own biz currently,about to start barber/hair schooling. Has been paying his own insurance/phones etc for a couple of years- CK score is around 800, has 2 cc's he got last year (one by accident due to my mistake lol) a BCE and BoA cashback which he currently gets 3% back on gas and groceries(I think). His goal in life is simplicity-and he doesn't buy a lot,yet he really wants to travel for cheap. Either driving or flying or a combo. What's a good step for him? I know Freedom,and possible one of the inks or sapphires, but looking for some advice. He can't do a huge spend on his own, but I can assist with that if he needs a boost,if an MSR requires it,or help him time it to a large insurance payment,etc. thanks.

I'm not an expert, by any means, but I'll say that my DD got the CFU and then the CIP (we had to help with the spend on that one). Together the SUBs are 100K URs (not even counting the points on the spend) and that adds up to a really nice amount of points for frugal travelers (my DD is one, too). The Sapphires are hard to get if you're just starting out.

Those gas rewards multipliers are almost useless to me. There aren’t any Safeway gas stations in the core Bay Area, so we have to use them at Chevron, which limits it to $0.20 off up to something like 20 or 25 gallons. Our car tops out at about 15 gallons and we don’t need gas often anyway. And gas rewards expire, so I’d end up using them for something like a $1 off an avocado.

That explains why DH told me he doesn't bother with the fuel deals when I asked him about them after reading here. We've been using the 10% on the Amex Biz and that will keep us going until it expires. Thanks for explaining it!

I have no clue what they are talking about. I know I had to go buy one of those iron thingys when DD was little and liked to play with perler beads and I needed to set them. Until then I saw no need for an iron. :rotfl:

This is the only time I drag our my iron as well lol. Perler beads are still a great way to entertain my boys. But don't need an ironing board for perler beads so we got rid of that. I'm pretty tolerant of mild wrinkles in everything but my dh's work clothes and he uses a steamer for that. Otherwise, the rest of us just run the dryer with a damp cloth and we're good to go :)

This is the only time I drag our my iron as well lol. Perler beads are still a great way to entertain my boys. But don't need an ironing board for perler beads so we got rid of that. I'm pretty tolerant of mild wrinkles in everything but my dh's work clothes and he uses a steamer for that. Otherwise, the rest of us just run the dryer with a damp cloth and we're good to go :)
I feel like the steam refresh setting on MILs dryer doesnt do as well as a damp cloth lol. Dh doesn't believe me because that's all hes known

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!