I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. When we got dd her car I wanted every safety feature known to mankind on it. Her safety on the crazy Florida roads is worth every penny IMO. Mind you she drives 20 miles each way to school on the I95 every day.

It’s been 76 days since my last app (Dischruners Anonymous?)
Actually DHs SW Biz. Need a 2nd SW card to get CP, also have insurance due 10/1. Was thinking of just the Plus card since any of the personal cards would give us enough points. Or am I better off trying for another biz card? I now it’s a bit short of the 3 months, but I’d like the card before insurance is due.
I'd go with Plus for smallest AF and hope for an ugrade offer down the line for the Priority.

Do you have a certain purse thats your favorite? I need an new Disney trip bag.

There's a couple I like. The ones I have don't seem to be available anymore. But there is one type that looks similar. If I don't need to carry anything other than a small wallet and my phone I like type.

https://www.ebags.com/product/trave...body-and-waist-pack/341724?productid=10668808

I like this type too and am somewhat tempted.

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/anti-theft-small-crossbody/353312?productid=10614508

I find these bags to be very versatile when traveling, easy to pack if you want to bring several colors and the line has a number of sizes and configurations. As for Disney, I carry no bags with me unless it is Dapper Days and part of an outfit.

I've been having weird dreams since jr high and not sleeping well is the norm. And I mean WEIRD. You can thank my mom for passing that down to me. I try to stay away from chocolate stuff too close to bed time because it makes them worse. Thankfully I don't remember most them them past the w t f part unless it's the one I have right before I wake up for the day.

They all end that way, though I know the first two it's in the same way but the Lady Gaga one did it different. They talked about it after the movie on TCM. Not sure about the Barbara version since they didn't even mention that. The original, non musical, was the better movie though.

Meet Me in St. Louis is still my favorite Judy Garland movie.
Mine have all been right before I wake up. They’re usually very stressful too so I wake up stressed already lol

Does anyone have any experience flying the Middle Eastern Airlines? Specifically, Qatar, Emirates or Etihad? We have a trip next year flying Emirates and to say I’m excited is an understatement.

@gottalovepluto flew Qatar if memory serves correctly. We flew Emirates and really enjoyed it. We were able to fly first over and back and our connection was in business. Quite frankly, other than the novelty of the shower there wasn't much difference between the two. Posting pics. This is first class:

emirates.jpg

Emirates 1st.jpg

Emirates 1st 2.jpg

Emirates bathroom.jpg

Emirates bathroom 2.jpg

EMirates bar.jpg

The bar is between business and first. Below is where I sat in business

emirates business.jpg

Emirates business 2.jpg

I am pretty sure that would be @calypso726...

Shower class :rotfl2:

shower.jpg

shower 2.jpg

Thanks @Lain . Interesting (or bizarre rather) on the refund taking 50 days to process and all their rules. Seems I could possibly avoid that if I PC outside the same family. I'll look more into these PC options.
ETA: DPs indicate some have been able to call in after getting the 50 day prorated refund and getting the full AF back.

@vanjust14 - just wanted to clarify one point. Generally, PCs don’t count as closing a card unless the account number changes. So when you PC over the phone, ask the rep to confirm that your card account number won’t change.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/product-changing-citi-card-result-new-card-number/
This article and its DPs are a bit dated, and I haven’t searched for more recent DPs whether a PC with number change actually resets the 24 month rule. If it does, then a same family PC from Premier > Preferred might be the safest bet.

Last edited:
Anyone know which bank has the best savings interest rate?
The best one I know of is CIT bank. 2.2% for a savings builder account but you need a deposit of $25,000 or one monthly deposit of $100 or more each month to qualify for it and to keep getting that percent each month. I opened an account with them earlier this year and it had been 2.45% but its still better than most other banks that I have been able to find.

I just received an email from Amex about redeeming an offer. It showed my monthly Adobe charge. Then I got the Samsung pay notice about a charge. I can not recall a current offer on Bonvoy Biz that involved Adobe. There was the Tech offer a bit back, but I used it on Newegg, then that month's Adobe finished it. Just curious which offer it could be because I was going to switch cards, but if there's an offer I should leave it.

Coming out of longtime lurkdom. First, a HUGE thank you to all of the generous members of the this thread for sharing their knowledge and experience with everyone. I’m regularly amazed by the thoughtful and expansive answers you all provide, even when you possibly answered the same questions before. I’ve been reading since the old thread was young and have enjoyed the chit chat and banter—it’s truly a community of caring friends that you have here. One of the things I enjoy most is reading how you all redeem the points you accumulate— I am inspired by your stories and hope to experience some of the wonderful destinations that you do. I’d like to join the reddit dischurners group to be able to possibly use support links, keep up with the news and read about “advanced techniques” even though I’ll probably always be a very slow and cautious churner—my P2 is not just reluctant, he’s pretty much adamantly opposed, lol. @SouthFayetteFan would you please PM me so I can join? I don’t really do Reddit, but I created an account and have a name now. Thanks!

Editing to add my reddit name is MoeZele
:welcome: aboard TheMickeys !!!

I agree with the nice things you say about the folks here!

Maybe P2 will start to come around when you start to collect rewards. That's what it took for my wife. Good Luck!

Coming out of longtime lurkdom. First, a HUGE thank you to all of the generous members of the this thread for sharing their knowledge and experience with everyone. I’m regularly amazed by the thoughtful and expansive answers you all provide, even when you possibly answered the same questions before. I’ve been reading since the old thread was young and have enjoyed the chit chat and banter—it’s truly a community of caring friends that you have here. One of the things I enjoy most is reading how you all redeem the points you accumulate— I am inspired by your stories and hope to experience some of the wonderful destinations that you do. I’d like to join the reddit dischurners group to be able to possibly use support links, keep up with the news and read about “advanced techniques” even though I’ll probably always be a very slow and cautious churner—my P2 is not just reluctant, he’s pretty much adamantly opposed, lol. @SouthFayetteFan would you please PM me so I can join? I don’t really do Reddit, but I created an account and have a name now. Thanks!

Editing to add my reddit name is MoeZele

Hi and :welcome: out of lurkdom! :flower3:

Do you have to call to attach a 7 night cert to a bonvoy reservation? I saw I could use my free night certs during the reservation process, but not my 7 night cert.

@vanjust14 - just wanted to clarify one point. Generally, PCs don’t count as closing a card unless the account number changes. So when you PC over the phone, ask the rep to confirm that your card account number won’t change.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/product-changing-citi-card-result-new-card-number/
This article and its DPs are a bit dated, and I haven’t searched for more recent DPs whether a PC with number change actually resets the 24 month rule. If it does, then a same family PC from Premier > Preferred might be the safest bet.
I did read that, and I will be asking about the account number for sure when I call. I really want to know if the double cash is going to allow the TYP transfer 1:1. That would be great!

@gottalovepluto flew Qatar if memory serves correctly. We flew Emirates and really enjoyed it. We were able to fly first over and back and our connection was in business. Quite frankly, other than the novelty of the shower there wasn't much difference between the two. Posting pics. This is first class:

View attachment 435928

View attachment 435929

View attachment 435930

View attachment 435932

View attachment 435931

View attachment 435933

The bar is between business and first. Below is where I sat in business

View attachment 435934

View attachment 435935

Shower class :rotfl2:

View attachment 435936

View attachment 435937
Woah... the pics are amazing.[/QUOTE]

We are so basic (and I mean simple) with our stuff we use. My parents gave us our luggage and I’m sure we’ll use it for a long time until we absolutely have to get a new set. I don’t even know what brand it is lol. We have backpacks that we’ve kept for many years. My purse is a tiny purse from kohl’s. We use drawstring bags at Disney too, just adidas ones. I think we’re just very simple people.

We all start out that way. But, I've been using a drawstring bag at Disney for years. I just got a new Disney one which will probably come on my next trip.

For my fall and winter trips I also have a very small and thin nylon ll bean jacket from ages ago. It breaks the wind or chill just enough when night rolls around but isn't waterproof anymore. Rolled up it fits in my pocket as does the drawstring bag.

But usually I will wear the jacket through the entrance line with the bag in a pocket. Then take off jacket and put in bag until needed later on in the evening. That way no bag check, but I can buy smaller things and be able to carry them without issue. This is for adult trips. Doesn't work when wheeling a stroller or even walking with the babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!