I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously typed in Google what does POAS mean, then I am like Ohhhhhhhh. lol Got it as I was typing it in, didn't need google after all. :rotfl2: But Yes, I agree. It was my first thought after the weird dreams and not sleeping well also.

I've been having weird dreams since jr high and not sleeping well is the norm. And I mean WEIRD. You can thank my mom for passing that down to me. I try to stay away from chocolate stuff too close to bed time because it makes them worse. Thankfully I don't remember most them them past the w t f part unless it's the one I have right before I wake up for the day.

I watched it on a SW flight also and was not expecting the ending. Whyyyyyyyy???? lol I only like happily every after movies.

They all end that way, though I know the first two it's in the same way but the Lady Gaga one did it different. They talked about it after the movie on TCM. Not sure about the Barbara version since they didn't even mention that. The original, non musical, was the better movie though.

Meet Me in St. Louis is still my favorite Judy Garland movie.

Here's how are Universal Trip is panning out. We leave Wed night, MIL and Aunt leave Fri night, we all go home Mon night.
  • Flights - $1642 for everyone, used ~67k RRs and paid $44.80 OOP (fees)
  • Hotel
    • 1 night at Aventura for DH and I paid OOP, $94.50, put towards CIP MSR
    • 4 nights at Royal Pacific for DH and I, 3 nights for MIL and Aunt is $2310, used ~154k URs
  • Regular Park Tickets
    • 3 day P2P tickets for DH and I direct $650, using ~43k URs, will upgrade to Seasonal APs for $0
    • 2 day P2P tickets for MIL and Aunt direct $607, using ~38k URs
  • HHN Tickets (only cash cost!)
    • Rush of Fear Passes for everyone $426 (2 AP/2 nonAP price), put towards Plat MSR
    • Express Passes for MIL and Aunt $277 :faint: I know it's crazy, but we're stuck with a Saturday night
    • Plan to upgrade DH and I's passes to the version with EP every night, which is cheaper than the two nights we were getting it, $288
Aunt and MIL are going to pay us for their HHN pass and EP, so about $250 each.

DHs CSR credit reset today, so my plan is to my CIP I am working on MSR for on the room, and charge everything we can to it... then pay $300 of the bill with DHs CSR so we can PC it. Anything else will go either on my CIP or Gold card if it comes in time, most likely. I need to hit MSR on the CIP by 10/6, so after we are home I will evaluate where we are and then finish it with an auto payment through Plastiq :D

How can the best Jurassic Park movie be the only one without Jeff Goldbloom?!

Did someone mention my man Jeff Goldblum?
giphy.gif

The third Jurassic park is by far the best though
How can the best Jurassic Park movie be the only one without Jeff Goldbloom?!
Because it has a spinosaurus in it!
To me that's the one that doesn't exist and I don't know that I've ever watched it. The music is what always gets me coming back though, those movies have such a good soundtrack.

Even Sam Neill missed Jeff Goldblum in the third movie.
giphy.gif

OT but if anyone wants to help me think through this I'd appreciate it.

Buying DD a car in the next three months. Was looking at a 2016 or 2017 Honda Civic LX with low mileage and no accidents. Price with dealer fees looks to be about $15,000 or so (don't want to do a private sale). Carvana and Carmax are closer to $17-$18k. I can get a new 2019 Civic LX for $18.8k including dealer fees. I know giving a new driver a new car is insane. But the 2019 Civic LX has Honda Sensing which the older models don't (unless you go up a trim level). So would you pay $4k more to get a brand new car with a warranty and Honda Sensing? I know insurance and personal property taxes will be higher on the new car.

When we were replacing DD's car I went through this same thing. We were looking at civic and corolla. Same situation, where buying used didn't save much unless I went older than I wanted to. I ended up going with new. However, this was her 2nd car and she was 19 at this point, so had been driving awhile.

Last edited:
They all end that way, though I know the first two it's in the same way but the Lady Gaga one did it different. They talked about it after the movie on TCM. Not sure about the Barbara version since they didn't even mention that. The original, non musical, was the better movie though.

Meet Me in St. Louis is still my favorite Judy Garland movie.
I am a Judy Garland fan and that is my favorite Judy movie too.

I use my Discover CB for discounted GC for UA or Banana Republic since I typically spend $ there anyway :)
I use it for Athleta gc!
Have you considered a garment steamer instead? I only use my iron while I’m sewing and use my steamer for everything else. I swear by it!
Same---I only use my iron for sewing. Dh's is the iron-er in the family, and he insisted on getting a steamer last year. He wanted a big one that rolls, not a handheld, because that's what he used to use when he worked in mens wear in college.
Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Acme/Jewel/Shaw’s is running a deal on Visa Gift Cards, now until 9/28/19.

• Save $10 on $100+ VGC ($5.95 activation fee/each, $4.05 savings). This coupon has worked on variable load VGCs up to $500, which is your best bet to maximize the rewards you’ll earn on the fee and savings.

Add the Just4U coupon on the Safeway app, or create an online account and add the offer there. Add the offers to your account(s) ASAP, as Safeway et al. has been known to pull a coupon before the expiration date. Limit 1 per account.

Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR. Amex cards on which you're working towards MSR are generally fine to use for gift cards at grocery stores as long as you mix in some actual grocery items to give your purchase an odd number.

Tagging @amalone1013. :thumbsup2
Safely added to both of our accounts this time :thanks:

Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Acme/Jewel/Shaw’s is running a deal on Visa Gift Cards, now until 9/28/19.

• Save $10 on $100+ VGC ($5.95 activation fee/each, $4.05 savings). This coupon has worked on variable load VGCs up to $500, which is your best bet to maximize the rewards you’ll earn on the fee and savings.

Add the Just4U coupon on the Safeway app, or create an online account and add the offer there. Add the offers to your account(s) ASAP, as Safeway et al. has been known to pull a coupon before the expiration date. Limit 1 per account.

Pay with a credit card that earns a high bonus at supermarkets, like the Amex Gold for 4x Membership Rewards Points, Amex Hilton Surpass for 6x Hilton Honors Points, or Amex Blue Cash Preferred for 6% cash back; another card that has supermarkets as its quarterly bonus category; or a card on which you're working on the MSR. Amex cards on which you're working towards MSR are generally fine to use for gift cards at grocery stores as long as you mix in some actual grocery items to give your purchase an odd number.

Tagging @amalone1013. :thumbsup2
Thanks for these posts. I really appreciate them and have been using them every week. Before I get a chance to google on Sundays, there’s @Lain with the info! :love:
Those gas rewards multipliers are almost useless to me. There aren’t any Safeway gas stations in the core Bay Area, so we have to use them at Chevron, which limits it to $0.20 off up to something like 20 or 25 gallons. Our car tops out at about 15 gallons and we don’t need gas often anyway. And gas rewards expire, so I’d end up using them for something like a $1 off an avocado.
I have 4 rewards right now. We’re also limited to .20 per gallon discount and my car hold <15 gallons, so I’ll probably use 2 today and 2 for avocados. Lol
I'm pretty sure DH would love the Jurassic World suites right now... :rolleyes2
DS doesn’t like violent or scary stuff so Jurassic world is out. The only reason he want to go to USH if for Despicable Me. Not HP, not Jurassic, nope. We went to USO once and he’s never asked to go back. He might like the coasters now (he was too short last time) but he really hated most of the 3D rides.

I have really enjoyed reading about when their children got phones! Started quoting, but quit.

When I decided to add kids to my plan, oldest was already on her own so it was just son and daughter. Youngest daughter got a phone at 9 or 10, son is 8 years older. Can't remember if this was his first phone - probably not - he may have had one from his Dad. Bought 3 samsung flip phones all the same for us. Was worried they would lose or break, but mine got stolen. Son kept his for forever, but daughter and I upgraded when mine disappeared to an orange colored lg phone that you opened for a keyboard. Anyway, there's a drawer full of museum eligible phones around here, including my old favorite the Motorola Star Tac - I thought I was special. Before that in 1990 I had a car phone installed in my trunk (hard wired) with a phone just like a house phone mounted up front. It was an Audiovox and the sound quality was great - you could hear and having a phone in your car was special back then.

Fast forward to present: Daughter has a Samsung 9+ I think it is and I have an S8. Paid outright for the phones with Comcast/xfinity - I got a $250 gift card so phone was essentially about $400. This months bill for service is 19.34 as we keep them on wifi almost exclusively. Highest combined bill was $30ish. I'll use more data, but not that much more while driving to Florida - just if there is an emergency or traffic slowdown, if I'm alone. Next trip I'll have 2 friends with me so they will use their phones if I need help - I'll be driving. In hotel, switch to wifi but I carry my small hp envy 360 i7 13inch laptop and use hotel internet. Love this laptop, small, thin and serves my needs.
As I may have mentioned, I want a new phone, mostly because it is chipped, and willing to shell out the almost 1k to get it. Daughter is making me feel guilty.

We (well, my future bride) had a car phone (1989), too. We also had the Motorola StarTac followed by a flip phone and Droid before getting my iPhone 4S. Guess it was such a good phone, that's where I stopped :D Holding our for Apple to implement 5G (then maybe a bit more for price to drop)

You can PC the Premier > no fee Rewards+

A PC won’t reset Citi’s 24 month rule, however you might want to check this DoC post about how the AF is refunded upon a PC.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-annual-fee-refund-policy/
ETA: You can also PC to the Double Cash, which could be a better move if it’s true you’ll be able to convert cash back to TYP. The no fee Preferred is another option.
Thanks @Lain . Interesting (or bizarre rather) on the refund taking 50 days to process and all their rules. Seems I could possibly avoid that if I PC outside the same family. I'll look more into these PC options.
ETA: DPs indicate some have been able to call in after getting the 50 day prorated refund and getting the full AF back.

Last edited:
It’s been 76 days since my last app (Dischruners Anonymous?)
Actually DHs SW Biz. Need a 2nd SW card to get CP, also have insurance due 10/1. Was thinking of just the Plus card since any of the personal cards would give us enough points. Or am I better off trying for another biz card? I now it’s a bit short of the 3 months, but I’d like the card before insurance is due.

We are now 5 days out from our WDW Trip!!! I’m asking you all to please keep your fingers crossed for good weather for us. 5 day outlook is showing a 70% chance of a tropical depression forming by the end of the week. I know there are a lot of variables in that and that even if it does happen, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll impact our trip, but I’m so hoping we just get down there without a hitch. I’ve been keeping an eye on the SW nonstop flights to MCO since thats a new route for our airport within the last couple weeks and they have all been on time (or super close anyways). I spent the weekend with my ILs and they are very excited to get down there!
We leave on Wednesday and are also watching the weather....let’s hope any storms stay away

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!