I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me: Hmmm, have the Plastiq promo on all accounts. Maybe I should use that, I will definitely be paying $5k through there soon and I could move it up to before the promo ends for the $2k/2k FFDs.
*looks at auto loan balance*
*looks at current FFD balance*
Crap, I have enough FFDs for all but $2500 of the auto loan! Okay, maybe I'll skip this one! :rotfl:

After being in several moms FB groups I am well-versed in all the fertility acronyms 😁 Also, being in the medical field, it drives me crazy when people ask strangers on the interwebs if they think they’re pregnant. Ummm... you can get a much more definitive answer from the dollar store so just go POAS.

What a rip off concert tickets are! BSB is in concert tomorrow night and tickets are $19.50 each. Great. Final price $71.30 after service and facility fee are added. Just ridiculous. What kind of service is there to email tickets?
Can you buy them directly from the venue? Sometimes the venue sells them directly at their box office and you pay a much smaller processing fee (if any). Other times the venue just processes the transaction through the ticketing service (likely Ticketmaster - ugh), so you get charged the same fees.

I always try to avoid using Ticketmaster if I can. They’re the worst.

We have a Rowenta DW5080. Love it! Having suffered through Sunbeams for years. The plate is smooth and the steam is strong. I feel like I get through ironing in half the time it used to take me. The steam is strong enough that I can hold up the iron and use it as a steamer for more delicate fabrics.

We got it from Amazon when it dropped under $50. The price bounces around, so check camelcamelcamel and set up Slickdeals alerts. I think most Rowentas in that range of models and price point will do just fine.
You are one of the few people I know who even know what an iron is. All my coworkers are “An iron? Never used one”

Thanks! I’ll look at that brand.

@schmass I hadn’t thought about it since I was so rarely ironing until now. Any recommendations on a steamer?

I just added this to my daughter's Christmas list. I have no idea how she came to be an ironer--DH and I avoid ironing unless absolutely necessary. But my daughter is a serious ironer. Must be a recessive trait.

Have you thought about a CIP for him? It is just so hard to pass up the SUB on that one. He can even Venmo to get some of the spend in if needed. There will be a fee for it, but can be worth it for the 80K in points.
I've thought about it.... I think the freedom will be useful ling term, but I'd like him to have a portal card for travel also.... so considering the csp as a possibility in there...less bonus yes, but also less MSR and a way to book travel etc.

We are now 5 days out from our WDW Trip!!! I’m asking you all to please keep your fingers crossed for good weather for us. 5 day outlook is showing a 70% chance of a tropical depression forming by the end of the week. I know there are a lot of variables in that and that even if it does happen, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll impact our trip, but I’m so hoping we just get down there without a hitch. I’ve been keeping an eye on the SW nonstop flights to MCO since thats a new route for our airport within the last couple weeks and they have all been on time (or super close anyways). I spent the weekend with my ILs and they are very excited to get down there!
How exciting! I hope you and your family have an awesome trip!
Anyone who has experienced fertility issues recognized that acronym immediately. I started laughing out loud and scaring my kids when I read it.
Ha, as a sufferer of secondary infertility I knew right away!
I still have my one and only one from finding out about DS. I think I showed it to him one day and it didn’t seem as impressed.
I have DD's too!

I'm hitting one year on my Citi Premier card and looking for advice on what to do. I don't want to cancel as that would reset the 24 month clock. TYs aren't easy to come by, but I like them because I can get Disney tix with them, which is the hardest part of a Disney trip to secure with points these days. I'd like to get another card next year for this reason. Is there a PC option that wouldn't reset the clock but has a lower or no fee? Otherwise, I'm probably going to pay the fee and keep the card. Has anyone been successful with a retention offer?

After being in several moms FB groups I am well-versed in all the fertility acronyms 😁 Also, being in the medical field, it drives me crazy when people ask strangers on the interwebs if they think they’re pregnant. Ummm... you can get a much more definitive answer from the dollar store so just go POAS.

I’m also in the medical field. Becoming more convinced we know each other :rotfl:

I'm hitting one year on my Citi Premier card and looking for advice on what to do. I don't want to cancel as that would reset the 24 month clock. TYs aren't easy to come by, but I like them because I can get Disney tix with them, which is the hardest part of a Disney trip to secure with points these days. I'd like to get another card next year for this reason. Is there a PC option that wouldn't reset the clock but has a lower or no fee? Otherwise, I'm probably going to pay the fee and keep the card. Has anyone been successful with a retention offer?

You can PC the Premier > no fee Rewards+

A PC won’t reset Citi’s 24 month rule, however you might want to check this DoC post about how the AF is refunded upon a PC.

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/citi-annual-fee-refund-policy/
ETA: You can also PC to the Double Cash, which could be a better move if it’s true you’ll be able to convert cash back to TYP. The no fee Preferred is another option.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!