I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just applied for the Great South and ern CIP bonus account and it says they’ll review the request and email within 2 days if they have further questions. So now we wait...
Maybe I will try for it too when I get my CIP in the mail. Do you know if you have to live in a certain state to apply?

I love their dresses too! Most of my wardrobe is either WHBM or Banana Republic.

I love dresses in theory. I just don't pull them off very well except for A line dresses a la Dapper Days style. Those sort of look cute on me. Most of my wardrobe is by Disney Parks :rotfl2:

It's killing me that I can't find anything I "need" at eBags, even when I stretch the definition of the word need.

Oh here let me enable help you out. RFID blocking anti-theft Travelon purses. Many different sizes and colors and perfect for traveling so as not to worry about pick pockets. RFID sleeves and wallets and bungees to strap a backpack or personal item on to your carry on and wheel it around.

I have an offer on my AmEx spend $100.00 get $20.00 back. I have gone on their site twice today looking for something to buy but drew a blank both times. I would like good hiking shoes, but their options are limited and none of the women's are waterproof. Looked at Tumi purses but love the one I already have. Maybe I can get ds some packing cubes for Christmas but I'm not convinced he'd use them. Definitely don't need any luggage (I love my Tumi bags and dd also has a Tumi set). Not sure anything else interests me at this time.

Some suggestions posted above in response to @mmmears :flower3:

You made me look and I fell in love with this!

View attachment 435762

Why, why, why did you put this on my radar??? I can't even find GarnetHill on a shopping portal. I. Did. Not. Need. To. See. This. :laughing:

Marriott Peak and Off Peak Pricing - DOLPHIN points through end of year:
So Using the Marriott Flexible Date calendar I did a search for 1 night and here are the points costs at the Dolphin through the end of the year.

The surprise here: There are a TON of nights considered off-peak in here - including a bunch of nights the week before Christmas. Now, since this is just a ONE night search, different factors could be at play I guess if you search for longer stays and such.

EDIT: If I change the search to 5 nights, there are much less check-in dates available, BUT I see 5 nights for as low as 70k points (which would include the 5th night free benefit). 170k for 5 nights = avg 34k Marriott points per night!

I'll do a similar look at Swan here shortly.

View attachment 435767
View attachment 435768
View attachment 435769

Well that could be interesting. I check the flexible dates at the Al Maha and the only lower pricing is during May and the summer months. Uhm no. o_O January is 100k points per night! Fortunately, March is at 85K which is what I was expecting so I don't need to re-adjust plans for that trip down the line.

I want one now. That blue color 😍 You may have noticed I love blue lol

Also I about froze to death on our Labor Day trip. Especially on the way home, on our layover in Dallas I put my new Spirit Jersey on because I was sooooo cold I had goosebumps. So I need one, right? lol

Me too! This is very sound and logical reasoning.

Seriously we all need one.

The blue color block one? I really like that one.

This isn't helping. I swear I'm going to wind up buying one before the day is out. Sigh ...

He’s getting gas with you in the car? I’ve never had that happen before lol

I've had that happen but don't remember if it was Uber or Lyft. We thought it was odd but weren't too bothered by it since we were not in a rush.

Yes, it’s geographically limited. You need to enter your zip to see if you’re eligible.
Thanks, I was just looking at the site and was trying to figure out if there was a way to know without applying- just to know ahead of time.

Anyone have a good iron they would recommend to help my MSRs? Mine is getting worn out from ironing DS’s uniform. For the life of me, I don’t know why I am suddenly ironing polos and undershirts to do under his ironed Oxford that is under his blazer.

Anyone have a good iron they would recommend to help my MSRs? Mine is getting worn out from ironing DS’s uniform. For the life of me, I don’t know why I am suddenly ironing polos and undershirts to do under his ironed Oxford that is under his blazer.

We have a Rowenta DW5080. Love it! Having suffered through Sunbeams for years. The plate is smooth and the steam is strong. I feel like I get through ironing in half the time it used to take me. The steam is strong enough that I can hold up the iron and use it as a steamer for more delicate fabrics.

We got it from Amazon when it dropped under $50. The price bounces around, so check camelcamelcamel and set up Slickdeals alerts. I think most Rowentas in that range of models and price point will do just fine.

Have you considered a garment steamer instead? I only use my iron while I’m sewing and use my steamer for everything else. I swear by it!

+1 on the Rowenta suggestion. They are smooth and last forever. Mine was a wedding gift. My 17th anniversary is this December - iron is still going strong!

Oh here let me enable help you out. RFID blocking anti-theft Travelon purses. Many different sizes and colors and perfect for traveling so as not to worry about pick pockets. RFID sleeves and wallets and bungees to strap a backpack or personal item on to your carry on and wheel it around.

Do you have a certain purse thats your favorite? I need an new Disney trip bag.

We checked this morning and it was the same as when we booked a few days ago, but tonight it's showing up as 20K more points (5k per night). So glad we booked when we did.

I checked mine for Edinburgh and SO GLAD I'd booked with points advance because ours went up 20K points more for 2 nights (10K/night). I didn't trust that Scotland in the summer wouldn't be raised and I was correct. Whew...

that churning decisions don't ALWAYS have to be made solely on point optimization and dollars and cents.

LOL, I think I realized this looooong ago which is why my UR balance is 150 (total, not K) and yours is >1M!

Not every redemption has to be for something special, but when you can make something amazing, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!