I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m at Dave and Busters and thought of you!

For only 1100 tickets you can have a pillow that turns into a blanket!

I’m joking but honestly there is a DCL version that looks super similar.

View attachment 435758
OMG, my DH loves D & B. Most of DS’s electronics (XBox, PS, Nintendo, iPad) have come from his winnings. He is very talented at a couple of the big ticket prize games. He’s actually resold quite a few cards on eBay for a substantial amount compared to what he spent.

What did we do before packing cubes?! :P:P:P
I used gallon zip lock bags to pack my daughters stuff and would label for each day to make her daily dressing easy. For hubby and I when the roll vacuum seal bags came around I would use those for our bulky items to help compress.

All this ebags talk...
I need a good travel blanket. I am cold all the time. It can be 100 degrees out and I'm under a blanket with a jacket on. I currently travel with 2 jackets and on the last trip I even borrowed DD2's. I'd love something warm, but easily packs down small so I can just shove it in my bag. I'm not sure it exists. It would be used for car travel, plane travel and in the hotel room where I often sleep in my jacket after too many frozen nights.
This probably isn't helpful but I love the cashmere wrap I bought last year for Alaska. It works as a travel blanket but also is a great wrap. I got mine at Garnet Hill on a great sale. As long as I don't lose it, it should last me forever.

I love mine and use it way too much. I managed to get in last year about a week before they ended the first year free. Told my wife about the annual fee due to hit next month, her response was, "We get enough benefits to keep it." Yeah we do, the SUB paid for our Disney flights.
I'm so pumped, weve been lacking a card that always earns at a good rate at the grocery store
I’m at Dave and Busters and thought of you!

For only 1100 tickets you can have a pillow that turns into a blanket!

I’m joking but honestly there is a DCL version that looks super similar.

View attachment 435758
I spend all of my D&B tickets on stuffed animals for my dogs...

Am I the only one not at all interested in Ebags lol?

I have an offer on my AmEx spend $100.00 get $20.00 back. I have gone on their site twice today looking for something to buy but drew a blank both times. I would like good hiking shoes, but their options are limited and none of the women's are waterproof. Looked at Tumi purses but love the one I already have. Maybe I can get ds some packing cubes for Christmas but I'm not convinced he'd use them. Definitely don't need any luggage (I love my Tumi bags and dd also has a Tumi set). Not sure anything else interests me at this time.

Marriott peak and off peak pricing is in effect.

I checked a few of my reservations against the new points pricing, and our stay at the Royal Hawaiian over Christmas week would have jumped from 60k to 70k/night for the whole trip. Glad to have the lower standard points price locked in. My split stay reservation at the Courtyard across from Disneyland dropped by 10k, as dates earlier in Thanksgiving week are now marked as off peak. Rebooked it and got 10k back, then we're off to the Disneyland Hotel!

Enjoyed the first A Star is Born from 37 and just started the 54 version with Judy Garland. It's already so different I'm not happy. I'm not planning to watch the two newer versions. It was good as a regular movie, not a musical and I don't care no one will do it better than Judy :) Watched Easter Parade two weeks ago though so I probably should have spaced these out better.

Also, the new Adams Family cartoon movie looks good.

Last edited:
This probably isn't helpful but I love the cashmere wrap I bought last year for Alaska. It works as a travel blanket but also is a great wrap. I got mine at Garnet Hill on a great sale. As long as I don't lose it, it should last me forever.

I was super tempted to recommend a cashmere wrap-I have 2 black ones and they are a wrap, a blanket, a pillow, a scarf and I don't travel without one. I've been eyeing another from Garnet Hill but am trying to restrain myself.

Marriott peak and off peak pricing is in effect.

I checked a few of my reservations against the new points pricing, and our stay at the Royal Hawaiian over Christmas week would have jumped from 60k to 70k/night for the whole trip. Glad to have the lower standard points price locked in. My split stay reservation at the Courtyard across from Disneyland dropped by 10k, as dates earlier in Thanksgiving week are now marked as off peak. Rebooked it and got 10k back, then we're off to the Disneyland Hotel!
It looks like the Orlando resorts over Christmas remained constant. I have the Gaylord booked for 12/26-12/31. I think I might try and use my suite nights since they’ll be expiring.

Marriott Peak and Off Peak Pricing - DOLPHIN points through end of year:
So Using the Marriott Flexible Date calendar I did a search for 1 night and here are the points costs at the Dolphin through the end of the year.

The surprise here: There are a TON of nights considered off-peak in here - including a bunch of nights the week before Christmas. Now, since this is just a ONE night search, different factors could be at play I guess if you search for longer stays and such.

EDIT: If I change the search to 5 nights, there are much less check-in dates available, BUT I see 5 nights for as low as 70k points (which would include the 5th night free benefit). 170k for 5 nights = avg 34k Marriott points per night!

I'll do a similar look at Swan here shortly.

Dolphin_Oct.png
Dolphin_Nov.png
Dolphin_Dec.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts