I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We liked POR, but we were in Magnolia Terrace which is a quick walk to food court and pool and has a bus stop right behind it. I think we’d like POFQ, which we ate at when we stayed at POR.

I know everyone is different but I hated Ft Wilderness. The cabin was great but the internal bus system was awful. Not much is walkable, it’s take a bus everywhere. No quick service except the pool. Sadly the number of CMs who know nothing about Ft Wilderness is high. We were given wrong instructions on how to get to Ft Wild from various parks at least 3-4 times. One night, leaving MK a CM told my sister to take the bus to DS, then get a bus to FT Wilderness . Took sis 1.5 hours to get back. Then there were the CMs who insisted Ft Wilderness is the same as Wilderness Lodge.

My top 2 resorts would be Swan and Dolphin. I’m sure I’d like many of the deluxe but $ make me say no. Tried Poly once and found it too dark and hated the bathroom layout. I’d stay at POR or POFQ if they were free, sadly they’re not.

Yep, I totally get it. I’ve learned the Fort is definitely a matter of opinion. I would recommend renting a golf cart for those that stay in the cabins without a car. The kids loved it and it was super convenient. And we love that it feels like you’re staying in a resort in northern Minnesota but the Magic Kingdom is a nice boat ride away. But to each his/her own! 8-)

Thanks for the info! So that implies that 12 year olds can get TSA PreCheck.

My twins are 11 (12 in one week!) and yes they had no problem getting pre check. The lady kind of tried to talk me out of it by saying that they could just go with me through the pre check line if they were under 13. But since I had the credit and would get reimbursed and had already gone to the trouble of applying, I figured I’d go through with it and not worry about coming back a year from now to do it again when they would need it.

And now that I have pre check for all of us and have gotten the credit for each, I just need to plan a vacation! :drinking:

Anyone know if UR > Flying Blue is instant?

Also, anyone know what time AF puts up a new day's worth of flights? I checked online and can't find when they drop. Need to book a flight soon.

So I have to share my big accomplishment. I booked us a trip to HAWAII for next year!!!! It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary for DW, myself and the 3 kids. I was able to use 211500 AA miles for round trip to the big island. Leaving DCA and returning to IAD. We are staying 5 nights at the Hilton wiakola and 3 nights at the Sheraton all on points. I have 2 travel days built in. We are staying a night at the Hyatt grand at DfW airport on points that had a long layover. I wasn’t sure how the kiddos will do on a long flight so we broke it up. Then coming home we will be flying at night. Just wanted to say thanks for everyone’s knowledge and input that helped me. This is our 1st time going to Hawaii.

So I have to share my big accomplishment. I booked us a trip to HAWAII for next year!!!! It will be our 10 year wedding anniversary for DW, myself and the 3 kids. I was able to use 211500 AA miles for round trip to the big island. Leaving DCA and returning to IAD. We are staying 5 nights at the Hilton wiakola and 3 nights at the Sheraton all on points. I have 2 travel days built in. We are staying a night at the Hyatt grand at DfW airport on points that had a long layover. I wasn’t sure how the kiddos will do on a long flight so we broke it up. Then coming home we will be flying at night. Just wanted to say thanks for everyone’s knowledge and input that helped me. This is our 1st time going to Hawaii.
What an awesome redemption! You and your family will have so much fun :)

Yep, I totally get it. I’ve learned the Fort is definitely a matter of opinion. I would recommend renting a golf cart for those that stay in the cabins without a car. The kids loved it and it was super convenient. And we love that it feels like you’re staying in a resort in northern Minnesota but the Magic Kingdom is a nice boat ride away. But to each his/her own! 8-)
I wanted to love it. I booked it because it has real trees! And shade! Not palm trees. (We’re from the Midwest) But the size did me in. Plus my mom with a scooter couldn’t use a golf cart (plus then prices approach deluxe if you add cabin + golf cart cost) and the scooter couldn’t get on some of the boats to MK. Transportation was a real issue. Honestly to just stay a week and not go to the parks, it would be lovely.

My twins are 11 (12 in one week!) and yes they had no problem getting pre check. The lady kind of tried to talk me out of it by saying that they could just go with me through the pre check line if they were under 13. But since I had the credit and would get reimbursed and had already gone to the trouble of applying, I figured I’d go through with it and not worry about coming back a year from now to do it again when they would need it.

And now that I have pre check for all of us and have gotten the credit for each, I just need to plan a vacation! :drinking:
Happy early birthday to them! I have twin niece/nephew who are 10.

Thanks for the info! So that implies that 12 year olds can get TSA PreCheck.
My 7 year old had TSA pre-check and Global Entry.
Being from Miami, Disney resorts are generally just a place to sleep, since Disney is usually a weekend, casual trip to hit the parks hard rather than a vacation. Fort Wilderness is the one resort that we stay at and that we use as a resort - most times we don’t even go to a park when we are there. That said, I love POR, Pop, and WL. I’ve stayed at CR, Poly, CBR, CSR, all the AS and Swan and Dolphin. I want to stay at BW but I feel I need to dedicate time to it since the cost is so high.

And did the support just drop?

View attachment 426976

No? The CIU support bonus is 15k UR, up to 5 supportals per calendar year. Chase Sapphire, Freedom, and Ink SUBs and support bonuses are always paid in URs, but Chase refers to the bonuses in cash value on no fee cards like the CF, CFU, CIU, and CIC, at 1 cpp, though of course URs are worth more when transferred to the CSP, CSR, and CIP and redeemed for travel through the travel portal.

15k UR x 5 = $750 cash value at 1 cpp.

At least for Jewel (Albertsons) there is an app. No card needed. I add offers to my account in the app, and in store I use my phone number at the register. DH also has an account. I’m thinking DS needs one too. Need to meet MSR on my CIP.

I was able to make an account on the Safeway website and add the offers that way. I use the phone number in-store, and don't even have a card or the app.

No? The CIU support bonus is 15k UR, up to 5 supportals per calendar year. Chase Sapphire, Freedom, and Ink SUBs and support bonuses are always paid in URs, but Chase refers to the bonuses in cash value on no fee cards like the CF, CFU, CIU, and CIC, at 1 cpp, though of course URs are worth more when transferred to the CSP, CSR, and CIP and redeemed for travel through the travel portal.

15k UR x 5 = $750 cash value at 1 cpp.

CIU didn't even occur to me because all I have (business-wise) is the CIP.

ETA: It shows and says Ink, tho

ETA: That was from inside my account. This link from outside still says 20,000 URs: Chase Refer a Friend

Last edited:
I was able to make an account on the Safeway website and add the offers that way. I use the phone number in-store, and don't even have a card or the app.
I like the app because I can change stores pretty quickly. Jewel says offers are store specific, which I’m not sure I believe if stores are 3-5 miles apart, so I just make sure I change it depending on which store I use. Not sure it makes a difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!