I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you December dates that you got at such a good rate?
We all just really loved the vibe of Poly. The kids have said a couple times they want to go back. It is all about the pools for them. The older ones loved the slide and DD3 was obsessed with the splash park. They all talk about the monorail too, which I thought was super slow for everthing except going to MK.
I have second week of December on a "magical" rate. I booked it last Jan/Feb.

I asked for a magical rate for dec 12-15 and pop was only $365. I’d like to do a deluxe but the skyliner will be a great option and we’re still wanting to save for a cruise
It is nice when the "magic" works out! lol That is how I got my CSR rate in 2017. I completely understand saving up! I sadly skipped the SWGE AP previews because it just wasn't the best use of URs on flights and the money on the room and stuff is getting saved for DVC. I originally booked Pop when I stayed at AoA because the refurbished rooms were getting rolled out. After a slight issue prior to arrival I was "upgraded" to an AoA family suite. The room was a germaphobe's nightmare (lots of stains) and I missed the big TVs. Between the room refurb, ability to share busses with AoA, the Skyliner, and new room decor Pop is definitely a great value!

I'd imagine they will too. Just wasn't certain. Would be happy to hear your experience tomorrow. Our last stay there, we had an early flight out and had a shuttle set up ahead of time for round trip, so we didnt think to ask about luggage.
Yes, both Swan & Dolphin will hold your luggage. Take it to bell services and they will tag everything and give you a receipt.

Just came to concur. Swan is currently holding our luggage. We have to go grab it soon to get into an uber and head home.

Came back to this tonight:

View attachment 426716

We got that too! But we weren't able to get out of our room until about 10:30am today. We needed the sleep!

What is the success rate using Happy GCs at BBB for DGCs? Any DPs?

FYI Jewel (Albertsons) has $10 off 2 $50 VGCs and $15 off 2 $100 VGCs.

I was able to get a $50 Disney gc last week using my happy gc. I just ran it through and chose "credit" when it asked.

Safeway/Vons/Randall’s/Albertsons/Tom Thumb/Acme/Jewel/Shaw’s deal on $50 and $100 Visa Gift Cards is back, now until 8/31/19.
Now I know I am in too deep. Off to find the Safeway card we picked up in Washington when we were getting groceries on our last trip. None of those stores near me but I'll be in Colorado next Sunday. If I happen by a Safeway, I might just have to stop in.

It is nice when the "magic" works out! lol That is how I got my CSR rate in 2017. I completely understand saving up! I sadly skipped the SWGE AP previews because it just wasn't the best use of URs on flights and the money on the room and stuff is getting saved for DVC. I originally booked Pop when I stayed at AoA because the refurbished rooms were getting rolled out. After a slight issue prior to arrival I was "upgraded" to an AoA family suite. The room was a germaphobe's nightmare (lots of stains) and I missed the big TVs. Between the room refurb, ability to share busses with AoA, the Skyliner, and new room decor Pop is definitely a great value!
We’ve never stayed at AoA so I’d like to try it sometime. I do think I’d want a cars suite even though there’s only two of us. I plan to try the all stars too since they’re getting renovated. We just don’t see the value in spending money on deluxe when we can go often

Thank you for the mention. Did you like the hotel and the location? I briefly looked at Edinburgh but I was only looking at Hilton and Hyatt as those are the points that we have the most of right now. I also didn't look at hotels through the UR portal yet. It might be that I need to explore the Radisson card to see if that would help with rooms. Edinburgh is one of the cities that we'd like to visit and its looking like it might be a 2021 trip so I have time to gather more points.

The location is fantastic, right on the Royal Mile. This was my third stay there. The hotel isn’t what I’d call luxurious, but it is a solid 3 or 4 star. The family rooms are really great though. They are very spacious. There is a Hilton a block or so up the Mile that you might want to look into as well, but I suspect you would need 2 rooms there.

My resort list is so puny compared to everyone else's... lol

1. Animal Kingdom Lodge. Yes it's only buses, and yes, it's far away from everything. But the resort itself is just breathtaking in my opinion. The lobby is so stunning and seeing the animals from your room is just such a unique experience. It really was amazing opening the door to our room for our honeymoon and there was a giraffe just right there outside our window.
2. Wilderness Lodge. Are you sensing a trend? I love those big, open lobbies. We always stayed at WL or FW growing up, so a lot of my childhood memories are from here. I would love to take my mom on a short girls trip in a couple years and stay here again.
3. Coronado Springs. The refurbed rooms are soooo nice. We were very impressed and found the theming of this resort to be beautiful. We did not have to use the bus system since we had our car, so I may feel differently if I had to put up with buses lol.
4. Pop Century. So cute/kitschy and great for a value. Looking forward to our stay here again next month! We found bus service to be great when we went two years ago. Looking forward to seeing the refurbed rooms!
5. Fort Wilderness- I actually do like Fort Wilderness, but obviously it can't compare to a resort. That being said, I would have no problem renting an RV and staying here again.

DH and I want to do a big trip for the two of us in 2021 for the 50th anniversary and I'll probably do a deluxe then. Hopefully an Epcot resort.

I like the way you think. We own your top three picks! :D
I'd love to own at BLT (for family trips) and/or BW (for trips with dh), but right now we're doing boring things like paying for the last kid in college and paying down the house :laughing:
I have never stayed at BW (hard for me to leave BC/YC) or AKL (proximity and bus only has scared me). I need to complete all the deluxe resorts and POFQ is also on my must try list!
My kids have never complained about the trip from Kidani to MK since staying at Saratoga and having to go through that loooooooong bus loop!

The MK ride is the longest one from AKL, but it's like 20-22 minutes. Epcot and the Studios are usually like 15 (no traffic midday, it takes 12). Once outside the gate at AKL the ride to AK is (literally) 2.5 minutes---we time it for fun :rotfl:

Here’s something I’m wondering about re the Amex pop up...

I’m assuming I’m spending plenty on my BCP card. My monthly balance is usually over $1000. However, when I have an MSR going, I tend to spend less on my BCP...but the slack is picked up by my AU’s. I have 4 AU’s on this card and they use it a fair amount. But sometimes they use theirs more than I use mine. If my balance is consistently high on that card at each statement close, do you think it matters whether the spend is on my card or the AU’s when it comes to getting a pop up on a new card app or not?

Now I know I am in too deep. Off to find the Safeway card we picked up in Washington when we were getting groceries on our last trip. None of those stores near me but I'll be in Colorado next Sunday. If I happen by a Safeway, I might just have to stop in.
At least for Jewel (Albertsons) there is an app. No card needed. I add offers to my account in the app, and in store I use my phone number at the register. DH also has an account. I’m thinking DS needs one too. Need to meet MSR on my CIP.

We just had our pre check appointment. The lady there said that children under 12 could go with their parents if they have pre check, but I don’t think the whole family could.

Thanks for the info! So that implies that 12 year olds can get TSA PreCheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!