I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think with my flight anxiety and being scared to sit by myself that I would pay for EBCI, but nope, too cheap for that. Even if it is "free" with my card it seems a waste of money. lol I am fine with the free wifi and free movies and I usually stock up on the adult beverages in the lounge preflight, because hello, I am cheap and they are free. :rotfl2: I actually have 4 free beverage coupons that I have had for the last few flights that I haven't used. They may expire before we fly again.
If we fly home the day we disembark from a cruise, I will use EBCI so I don't have to try to get signed in at 24 hours while on the ship.

We had the same. Lady comes out and completely drops her towel and starts getting dressed. Right in front of open curtains. At night. With lights all on. :oops: Thankfully it was just dh and I on the balcony.

That's disgusting!! What room were you in specifically?! ... So I know to avoid it!

I don't understand how girls look cute at Disney World. I'm just trying to make it through this day with the least foot pain and chub rub as possible.

I had to Google this term and uh.. that was definitely not what I thought it meant at first glace, however I will now be adding it to my vernacular.

That's disgusting!! What room were you in specifically?! ... So I know to avoid it!

I had to Google this term and uh.. that was definitely not what I thought it meant at first glace, however I will now be adding it to my vernacular.
When I said chub rub to Dh he looked at me like I was crazy. I knew exactly where his mind went and it wouldn't make any sense for @DisneyMandC lol

(PS-Dh calls the same stuff anti-chafe which is a little less awkward to say :rotfl: )

Last edited:

Most of the rooms on the interior are odd number rooms look across at other rooms....to avoid that I’d ask for an even number room

Last edited:
Don't mind me, I'm sipping daiquiris tonight and sampling different brands of rum. I officially resigned from my job today and start a new one on Monday. AND our former/rental house was up for sale, and the sale closes tomorrow afternoon. So from now on biz credit cards will be under a "business." It's going to be a good weekend.

Most of the rooms on the interior facing odd number rooms look across at other rooms....to avoid that I’d ask for an even number room

Noted!

This! 99% (it would have been 100% but I too did Badaling and was plowed over by like 90 year olds in massive Korean Tour Groups. At the age of 20. My embarrassment will never end and the amount of people made the whole thing suck.)

Warning: digressing into my China travel hopes and memories!....

Being from the CA Central Valley the Aug-Dec I spent in Beijing on study abroad pollution wise had nothing on what I’m used to. Weather was nice as fall came quick but cold by the end. Also cold when the government accidentally made it snow on Halloween but I learned cloud seeding is real and not easy. March however (I did a separate one week trip in March for a conference in college) pollution was next level. I wore full length boots under slacks and each night my socks were black. Throw-them-away-level black from the coal soot in the air. It’s been a decade or so since then and my understanding is they’ve cleaned it up some since. Still, Fall was a lovely time to do Beijing (just stay away from Oct 1, National Day is not particularly tourist friendly).

You MUST see the Summer Palace if you ever get a chance to return! It was one of the last places I went when I studied in Beijing for a semester and I completely regret I didn’t go there earlier so I could have returned every few weeks and just relaxed, maybe studied and basked in the beauty & calm. It wowed me more than the Forbidden City and the Great Wall actually. You just need to be in a chill mood to soak it all in.

There is so much more I would love to see in China! I did Nanjing, Chongqing, Shanghai, Hangzhou and Xi’an. I didn’t get to do a panda interaction in Chongqing so I’d love to go back and do that. I also want to see Harbin during the ice festival! And Yunan Province. I could spend a couple weeks exploring Yunan Province I have no doubt, it’s supposed to be one of the most beautiful places on earth!

Ack! You make me want to go back to China!! (Although I will be the first to admit it is not for the faint of Travel Heart, lol. I don’t miss you one bit squat toilets!)
I do not miss the squatty potties but the rest we loved. Hopefully going back in a few years. Without going further, I don’t trust current political climate right now. I would love to see Beijing, Xian, Chengdu panda Reserve, Shanghai (Disneyland included) and DS’s birthplace in Hubei province. So much to do and see! And eat. Lol. I’m pretty sure we can’t do it in one trip though I’d love to stay a month and see all those things.

Not a great option but I did check that as well this morning and no directs from there either. Very frustrating to have no directs from the entire Bay Area. I’m thinking it must be due to the max issue.

Yep, it's awful. United from SFO has been the only reliable non-stop provider in the last 20 years, and I hate flying United. It's weird how we can't seem to get non-stops to MCO when pretty much every small town airport seems to have them.

:offtopic: Dh has been trying to get me to eat kale for over a year and it is so disgusting. He finally found a way that I LOVE. He cuts it up, covers it in olive oil and garlic salt, and bakes it for 30 minutes. It’s like chips and I’m addicted to it. We’ve had them with dinner 3 nights this week lol. I practically beg him to make it with dinner because I like it so much

I need to hear more about this miracle kale recipe that has you eating something green! What temp do you set the oven to?

Yep, it's awful. United from SFO has been the only reliable non-stop provider in the last 20 years, and I hate flying United. It's weird how we can't seem to get non-stops to MCO when pretty much every small town airport seems to have them.

I need to hear more about this miracle kale recipe that has you eating something green! What temp do you set the oven to?
He sets it to 250 I believe. You don't want the kale to get too burnt because it tastes terrible, but you want it crunchy. I told my parents when they get here next week they have to try it.

Anybody here see the news of this strange new “Midday” Disney World ticket?

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/mid-day-magic-ticket-now-available-for-walt-disney-world-theme-parks/
(Lots of news sources out there - I just happened to pick that one).

I get what it is but it just seems odd to me LOL.
I did see this. Not really sure what to make of it.
This is something I would DEFINITELY use. Coming from the west coast we struggle to get to an 11 am FP before the grace period runs out. Vacation, for us, is not getting up at 3 am (our time) in order to line up for rope drop. Unfortunately, Disney has pissed DH off and priced us out so I don't know if we will ever be back to WDW. 😢 It was a battle getting him to even agree to adding on a couple days to an existing vacation in California to visit DLR this fall.

Tokyo Disneyland has something similar with the Starlight Passport and After 6 pm Passport. I totally get this since we can never justify spending a full day ticket on arrival day, even if we get in early; but we might be motivated to visit the parks for whatever’s left of the day on a discounted ticket. Don’t know if I’d use 2, 3, or 4 days of after noon entries though.

When I said chub rub to Dh he looked at me like I was crazy. I knew exactly where his mind went and it wouldn't make any sense for @DisneyMandC lol

(PS-Dh calls the same stuff anti-chafe which is a little less awkward to say :rotfl: )

Chub rub is the actual chafing. I would call Body Glide the anti-chafe. Just FYI for those that are thoroughly confused now. lol

Tokyo Disneyland has something similar with the Starlight Passport and After 6 pm Passport. I totally get this since we can never justify spending a full day ticket on arrival day, even if we get in early; but we might be motivated to visit the parks for whatever’s left of the day on a discounted ticket. Don’t know if I’d use 2, 3, or 4 days of after noon entries though.
Don't see myself ever making it to Tokyo but IF (and it ain't happenin) we were heading to WDW this fall I would probably buy the short day pass for 3-4 days because that's about how long it takes for our bodies to adjust to the time difference. If it was a 10 day trip I would probably just buy an AP and plan another trip next year! LOL

How do I find all of the ebay crazies? Someone bought one of my Pandora charms this afternoon (just a regular one that I dont want not disney or anything) and then immediately messaged me with something like, hopefully you ship this right away I need it for a gift. B**** I have 4 days handling time on all my listings. Now I want to make you wait 4 days just because.

Such fun chatter today while i was completely buried at work and real life. :sad1:

I always just book cash price on our Delta flights with one of the Delta cards. Wondering now if I should start using the CSR. Anyone know if you use miles and then pay with CSR for the taxes if that triggers the insurance protections?

I really love January in WDW and Epcot’s Festival of the Arts. I had a trip all booked and ready to go room wise but ended up cancelling it when DH and I compromised and decided we would use our AP’s one more time after the October trip and then save money, points, miles until end of March and spring break. So no Arts this year and trying December for the first time. I am a little worried crowd wise since I pretty much lucked into the AKV one bedroom. I have been stalking one night since then (Saturday night) and nothing at all DVC wise and cheapest room I can get with any discount that sleeps 5 is at GF. It is the weekend that the new Star Wars ride opens; so I am starting to expect the whole trip to be us avoiding crowds and enjoying our AKV Savana view. :)

I never want to be inside. Only outer rim, no matter what.
Some of the north end views have castle and fireworks views, plus the lake going towards the fort and WL area. You are looking down on the tennis courts and towards space mountain, plus we would see the WDW railroad going around on the outside probably near the Speedway. Okay, hopefully everybody skips this post, lol.

How would you request the north side? I doubt that's on the dropdown menu for room requests lol

Far from an expert not even close but on both my trips this past year staying at BLT I had excellent luck with BLT and Touring Plans room finder. I couldn’t get it to really work at VGF or Poly; but at BLT it worked great. Definitely worth the subscription cost. My standard one bedroom and standard studio ended up being views that were the best of both worlds as had view of lake and side view of park (looking toward Space Mountain). It is nice because it even has pictures of views from the rooms.

Yes. It went out to the TAs in an email blast this morning. Personally what was very weird about it was not necessarily the ticket itself but the article for the TAs. It laid out very specifically why this was so great, how to sell it to clients and that it’s commissionable. They just pushed a lot more ideas than usual and sometimes if it’s a good product it won’t be commissionable to TAs. They want these tickets pushed. (So look for outfits like Undercover Tourist to offer it). The article left Disney sounding desperate to me.

Just reading about it online from the releases it sounded a little desperate to me too! They can dance around it all they want but I think recent indications from Iger indicate some worry about lack of attendance at DLR and possibly the upcoming opening of HS.

I feel like I've seen people here discuss trips to Clearwater Beach, but don't see any hotel reviews on that thread. Anyone stayed at any Marriotts in Clearwater Beach? There are several there for 35k in January, plus the Fenway Hotel in Dunedin which looks kind of cool and is part of the Autograph collection for Marriott.

I’ve stayed at the Clearwater Beach Marriott a few times. It’s a nice hotel but nothing super special. There’s a nice pool and pool bar, and a really good restaurant right next door. But you have to walk across the street and down a ways to get to the beach. And as others said, downtown Clearwater Beach is a short drive away. I obviously like it cause I’ve gone back but it was work stuff that brought me there. Not sure I’d take the family to that hotel.

Don't quote me, but I think family traveling together all get TSA Precheck if one person has it

We just had our pre check appointment. The lady there said that children under 12 could go with their parents if they have pre check, but I don’t think the whole family could.

It was disgusting. Dh and I immediately averted our eyes and went inside and closed the curtain! Don’t remember the room number. Inside the C and went to the right from elevators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!