I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCM fees aren’t bad when you go through a portal and it’s easier for me to get MOs with them. But if you can do Hilton at the grocery store and get 6x that is safer than GCM for Amex. Points are still crediting from GCM right now but that could change

Oh shoot, I meant to say Hyatt free night next year lol. Yeah I'm going to stick with Hilton at grocery stores. I assume there's no problem with using Chase at GCM?

GCM fees aren’t bad when you go through a portal and it’s easier for me to get MOs with them. But if you can do Hilton at the grocery store and get 6x that is safer than GCM for Amex. Points are still crediting from GCM right now but that could change
Just checked Cash Back Monitor and they show nothing for GCM. What portal do you use?

Oh shoot, I meant to say Hyatt free night next year lol. Yeah I'm going to stick with Hilton at grocery stores. I assume there's no problem with using Chase at GCM?

Yeah no issues. If you cant get discounts on GCs at other places GCM is cheap with ebates. I minimize fees by buying $1500 worth and getting free shipping it comes out to 1517ish and I get $15 back from ebates. But you don’t have tracking on the shipment. My mailbox is locked and I always get my orders so I’m fine with it.

Well Dh called and booked our Christmas flights! I found online that you can call chase and book allegiant flights that way. We were looking at $720ish paying cash but used dh’s CSR instead. It was only 49k points! That includes bags and seats and the seats are a lot better than what we would’ve picked paying cash. We got row 4 on the way there and 5 on the way back.

I’m so happy that we were able to get flights and now don’t have to worry about it. We’ll be flying dec 20-30 so we’ll have lots of time with family.
Thats great. I definitely need to remember that. I noticed Frontier isn't showing up on the portal anymore. Did you notice if the flights were the same price thru the UR price as they were online?

Yay! Pretty sure I was a bad influence at the time since we are doing both :D

That's really nice that you could call in and use points for bags/seats then!
I had no idea we could do that. When you search on the portal, allegiant doesn’t show up but I found a blog from 2016 saying you could call and book them. It also said you could do that with southwest instead of transferring points over and you should get a better redemption by doing that

SW is stretched thin without the max 8 and I think for some airports is making the delays worse since they don't have the planes to play with. Can't rob Peter to pay Paul if you also need to pay Sally and George, hence the early cancellations for @wendow today and same concept for.the fro tier delays.

Yeah, this is why I was assuming it was in relation to max 8, even though they state weather. There is likely bad weather, but the problems are definitely compounded recently, and I think it all comes back to the max 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter