I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally. I’ll post it Sunday and link it up here.

Can I take a moment to vent just a smidge on young Adults in Banff?

There were a decent amount of young people and older people. Not a lot of families, actually. Old people did their old people sightseeing thing. Young adults, for the most part, hiked harder hikes and did their young adult thing.

But now for my vent- The enormous increase in popularity for Banff is certainly in part to social media and instagram. Those pictures are just to die for.
But watching a handful of young girls (maybe 10%? Which is a scary number) get their “sit here on this rock and reflect” pictures, to then instantly stand up and take a pic of their friends doing the exact same thing; became a teaching tool for me with my oldest daughter.

Being able to point out people who intentionally pose for a picture and intentionally projecting this image they want people to view them as instead of being true to yourself.
If you envy or desire the ability to just sit and reflect, and that’s the image you want to convey, you know you can actually.... sit and reflect, right? As in actually do it?
If you don’t want to, then why are you projecting something you aren’t?
Either A) you want to be that person and have the ability to be but don’t or B) you want others to think you’re someone you aren’t. Neither is ideal or enviable.

Anyway, rant over and get off my lawn! :)

Thank you! (And I was ashamed of myself for not saying 'please' when I asked).

Good to know. Thanks!

Speaking of taking the voluntary bump off a flight, in February our plane home was delayed by a few hours. They announced they were needing 8 people to take $750 vouchers each and a night at the hotel to fly out on the morning. We were 8 people and my husband was running to the booth. Unfortunately the guy in front of him took all of them. He talks about it as " the one that got away" 😂

Crazy. My son had a 6am flight (that I canceled) that I booked just in case he didn't drive back. I know it was only a 30 min delay but would have been scary getting to the airport to find it was closed.....
Definitely.....we fly out of there since we live 10 minutes away...so convenient

Am I ok to go for CIP #2 for P2? He’s at 3/24. Recent stats:

4/16/19: CIP #1
5/19/19: Citi AA Biz
6/15/19: Amex BBP
7/27/97: Amex Hilton Biz

He just downgraded. CSR and CSP to Freedom Unlimited and Freedom #2. Also lowered all credit limits with Chase last month.
We have different definitions of Recent :P HAHAHA!!

Seriously though, given that all of his recent cards are biz cards, I'd say yes :D

Totally. I’ll post it Sunday and link it up here.

Can I take a moment to vent just a smidge on young Adults in Banff?

There were a decent amount of young people and older people. Not a lot of families, actually. Old people did their old people sightseeing thing. Young adults, for the most part, hiked harder hikes and did their young adult thing.

But now for my vent- The enormous increase in popularity for Banff is certainly in part to social media and instagram. Those pictures are just to die for.
But watching a handful of young girls (maybe 10%? Which is a scary number) get their “sit here on this rock and reflect” pictures, to then instantly stand up and take a pic of their friends doing the exact same thing; became a teaching tool for me with my oldest daughter.

Being able to point out people who intentionally pose for a picture and intentionally projecting this image they want people to view them as instead of being true to yourself.
If you envy or desire the ability to just sit and reflect, and that’s the image you want to convey, you know you can actually.... sit and reflect, right? As in actually do it?
If you don’t want to, then why are you projecting something you aren’t?
Either A) you want to be that person and have the ability to be but don’t or B) you want others to think you’re someone you aren’t. Neither is ideal or enviable.

Anyway, rant over and get off my lawn! :)

Hahaha I am squarely millennial and 100% agree with you. Honestly, more than anything, it cracks me up to watch people (mainly young women) take these absolutely ridiculous Instagram photos. They will put themselves in the weirdest poses to get the best shot.

@speedyfishy is there any advantage to ordering through GCM as opposed to just buying at the grocery store or office store? Obviously no office store for Amex, but I'm hitting Hilton for 6x grocery multiplier right now so I think it's best to stick with them. I wouldn't mind going for the Hilton free night next year though, so maybe I should consider GCM for that?

Hahaha I am squarely millennial and 100% agree with you. Honestly, more than anything, it cracks me up to watch people (mainly young women) take these absolutely ridiculous Instagram photos. They will put themselves in the weirdest poses to get the best shot.

They are everywhere at Disneyland lol. TBH if I looked cute, I would be taking so many pics at Instagram walls, but I always look life a heffalump lol

@speedyfishy is there any advantage to ordering through GCM as opposed to just buying at the grocery store or office store? Obviously no office store for Amex, but I'm hitting Hilton for 6x grocery multiplier right now so I think it's best to stick with them. I wouldn't mind going for the Hilton free night next year though, so maybe I should consider GCM for that?

GCM fees aren’t bad when you go through a portal and it’s easier for me to get MOs with them. But if you can do Hilton at the grocery store and get 6x that is safer than GCM for Amex. Points are still crediting from GCM right now but that could change

I received a letter from Alaska Airlines via USPS stating "When redeeming Companion Fare certificates issued on and after October 1, 2019, you will be required to pay with your Alaska Airlines Visa card."

So much for CSR travel protection. 😡

I do however get my $75 AF covered by no baggage fees every year. When you travel with a CF you also must purchase the paid ticket at full price fare. I can usually find tickets on sale that allows us to travel cheaper with two paid flights.

So weird how they decide to do things. My delay for weather in July didn't happen until we were sitting at the gate. Your cancellation was before leaving the hotel. How did they decide to cancel you instead of delay and vice versa for me? It is all weird.

Either way, sorry your trip ended on that note. :(

The thing with weather delays.is it may not be for where you are flying in and out of or where the plane is coming from to where you are, it could be from the first flight and then it dominos. Smaller airlines or ones that don't have many flights in or out of an airport are going to have a harder time repositioning planes. If the flight AS flight from san diego is cancelled or uber delayed this past monday so would mine return to seattle because that was our plane and there aren't extra AS planes sitting around.

SW is stretched thin without the max 8 and I think for some airports is making the delays worse since they don't have the planes to play with. Can't rob Peter to pay Paul if you also need to pay Sally and George, hence the early cancellations for @wendow today and same concept for.the fro tier delays.

They are everywhere at Disneyland lol. TBH if I looked cute, I would be taking so many pics at Instagram walls, but I always look life a heffalump lol
I don't understand how girls look cute at Disney World. I'm just trying to make it through this day with the least foot pain and chub rub as possible.
I feel like I’m missing a golden opportunity to add something ridiculously funny to the DISchurners news thread here......
“8/15/19 - Heffalumps and Chub Rub was discussed...”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!