I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@disneymagicgirl Our flight was cancelled due to forecasted weather. Or so they said. Lots bad lightning storms since we’ve been here. And same when we were here in FL a couple weeks ago. Delayed getting in to FLL (flight had come from MCO) and out of MCO back to DEN.

So weird how they decide to do things. My delay for weather in July didn't happen until we were sitting at the gate. Your cancellation was before leaving the hotel. How did they decide to cancel you instead of delay and vice versa for me? It is all weird.

Either way, sorry your trip ended on that note. :(

I'm really having trouble coming to terms with the prices of my Labor Day weekend hotels :rotfl:

If I could I would check out Mon instead of Tues since we now have a 6am flight on Tues and do Mon night at the MCO Hyatt. But looking for any of those reservations, they cost more than what I have now.

Right now I've got AoA, Thurs to Tues for $756, or Fri to Tues for $576. We fly in late Thurs night - 1am arrival. The only way to come in under that is switching to an All Star and bookending with MCO Hyatt. I think I might do the Hyatt arrival night since we're in sooooo late and then we can suck it up and take DME back at some ungodly hour Tues morning. I'm almost tempted to fudge our flight time for that so they don't come for us at 2am :crazy2:

I just need to stop being points stingy/hoarding. I've got $500 on my Arrival Plus, a CSR credit to use, lots of URs including 2 CIP SUBs coming, Disney GC stash. Bad Alyssa!

Yes, could be weather related, but nonetheless, my most recent trips...4 since Memorial Day...have all been awful with SW. To me, it is becoming a pattern.
Understood - and nobody can criticize somebody's personal experience. It still ends up being somewhat of an anecdotal observation though.

For what it's worth, I think I recall seeing that SW's on-time statistics for May and June were actually higher than both American and United. Among the majors, Delta usually leads the pack though.

I think the CSP will only kick in after 12 hours of delay, whereas the CSR kicks in after 6 hours.
I've learned so much from this thread lol. Thanks for clarifying! I downloaded the benefits and read through some of them. I'm going to make sure I have a copy of this somehow whenever we travel. The CSP Trip Delay reimbursement kicks in "if your Covered Trip is delayed by a Covered Hazard for more than twelve (12) hours or requires an overnight stay." More than 12 hours seems very unlikely, but having a delay that requires an overnight stay could happen very easily if you're scheduled for an evening flight! I have to remember this from now on. I'd assume if you volunteer to remove yourself from a flight this wouldn't apply, because you'd use the benefits from the flight carrier, correct?

Decided to skip CIP3 for DH this time around for Chase. I wanted to use my support link from old CSP before too much time has passed and this way next year I can upgrade his to a CSR one month after I downgrade mine. Instant approval! I never get instant approvals for the business cards, so excited for this one! Good thing, because I've been burning through the URs lately. Had to transfer 62,000 to book Southwest tickets this morning.

This applies for both the CSR and the CSP???
Correct. They have minor differences (12hr delay vs 6hr, for example), but the insurances are pretty identical.

Here are the PDFs of the benefits:
CSP
CSR

I always pay the fees with my CSP. Would this apply to my DS traveling alone with a flight paid for with points but the fees paid for with my CSP? He did have an overnight delay recently - SW took care of lodging and gave him a $200 voucher for future travel. I should have asked Chase for meal money (definitely under $50).
Yes, it would have covered him. For just a couple cheap meals ($20?) for a young adult though, it wouldn't be worth the effort to make the claim. So no loss.

@speedyfishy and @Andysol I like the way y’all think 😂 Unfortunately we didn’t book with those cards (will from now on though!) so we don’t have those travel protections. I probably used a CIP. Either way, SW is getting us on an earlier flight ( 2-hr layover in MSY now). We bolted for the airport and made it here in time. Bummer for our last day but what can you do?!? Got kicked out of Disney early last time too due to a hurricane!
Honestly, as nice as the trip delay insurance is. It's there for one reason: to make life not as miserable and not take on a financial burden for unexpected surprises. But after your bags are packed and your boarding pass is printed, 99.9% of us would rather be home. A "free night at Disney" sounds great in theory, but it's just "ok" IMO. Simply because you do have to do work for an hour+ on the phone rescheduling and then on the backend as well to receive your claim.
It's good to have, but I wouldn't be 'wishing' it happened to me.

Yes, could be weather related, but nonetheless, my most recent trips...4 since Memorial Day...have all been awful with SW. To me, it is becoming a pattern.
Same. I had 3 delays w/ SW in May and June alone. One was a cancellation and two were 4-6hrs. Very, very abnormal for them. Two of mine were mechanical though, due to the strikes.

-----

Small tease: I'm writing up my "Adventures Like Disney by Andy" trip report from Banff that copied ABD's Canadian Rockies tour almost to the T. All points- I think we were out $200 when all was said and done (sans rent-car and airline fees).

Decided to skip CIP3 for DH this time around for Chase. I wanted to use my support link from old CSP before too much time has passed and this way next year I can upgrade his to a CSR one month after I downgrade mine. Instant approval! I never get instant approvals for the business cards, so excited for this one! Good thing, because I've been burning through the URs lately. Had to transfer 62,000 to book Southwest tickets this morning.
Are you doing a MDD?

party:Yipee

Yes, it would have covered him. For just a couple cheap meals ($20?) for a young adult though, it wouldn't be worth the effort to make the claim. So no loss.
Yes. Probably correct. When SW put him in nearby hotel I didn't investigate further. I was glad he was taken care of, safe, and on his way home. He missed his connection at BWI due to a delay on the first leg. It was the last flight of the night so required an overnight in Baltimore. Getting SW to provide the hotel was not the easiest but we did make it happen. Luggage was "lost" for a day or two but eventually showed up.

So weird how they decide to do things. My delay for weather in July didn't happen until we were sitting at the gate. Your cancellation was before leaving the hotel. How did they decide to cancel you instead of delay and vice versa for me? It is all weird.

Either way, sorry your trip ended on that note. :(
I’m not sure either. Our flight to FLL was on Spirit and they delayed it for weather in Orlando at like 9am and the flight wasn’t supposed to leave until 11:30 that night.

Last edited:
We’re at the very packed Centurion lounge at PHL. Like a zillion people here. We had an issue with our new big suitcase when leaving home... DH screwed up the TSA lock and we spent 30 minutes picking it. So we left late and had to zoom an hour to the airport - stressful! Still have to sit here another two hours before boarding but now things feel smooth. The food and wine at this lounge is decent, better than LAS for sure.

Congrats party:

Are you doing a MDD?
Oh, my goodness that was not even on my radar!! I don't know...I keep saying I'm going to slow down. Just last week I said I'd wait more than three months between Chase cards, yet here I am, three months, apply for new card. Plus this is for DH, can't have any phone calls involved. And this is his 5th Chase card since 8/17/18. Here I thought I was all set for my girls weekend, and now you've got me thinking.

Oh, my goodness that was not even on my radar!! I don't know...I keep saying I'm going to slow down. Just last week I said I'd wait more than three months between Chase cards, yet here I am, three months, apply for new card. Plus this is for DH, can't have any phone calls involved. And this is his 5th Chase card since 8/17/18. Here I thought I was all set for my girls weekend, and now you've got me thinking.
Well...tomorrow morning is your one chance (at least for 4 years - no pressure), lol. You have ~20 hours to figure out if you want to do it, LOL! You can always try and see if it auto-approves or approves on its own (and if it doesn't just don't have him call recon and let it go)...

Small tease: I'm writing up my "Adventures Like Disney by Andy" trip report from Banff that copied ABD's Canadian Rockies tour almost to the T. All points- I think we were out $200 when all was said and done (sans rent-car and airline fees).

Will this be in the Trip Report board or where can we find it? I'd love to read it, Banff is one of the few places that my oldest DD wants to go to.

I just learned something new. I wasn't sure if I had overlooked it before, so thought I would share in case.

I had $1000 plastiq FFD that were going to expire in 15 days. I don't have alot of bills each month I can send through plastiq, unless I split my mortgage and send the amount with FFD from there and the rest from my bank. That seems like it isn't worth it. So I went ahead and sent preschool tuition and hoa. I then decided to see if I schedule another payment for the next month tuition, would it let me apply the FFD, even though they'd expire before then. It worked! It applied them just fine for a payment set to arrive by 9/30 even though they expire on 8/30. Just a little plastiq tip in case someone didn't realize this works.

In other news I am still waiting for DH to help me figure out when it will be convenient for me to do my Disney trip next month. He replied this morning with "isn't that a whole work week?"...meaning he can't travel for work if I am gone. I said yes, because of the hockey schedule and he hasn't responded again. Apparently he doesn't realize the urgency to grab a deal when you see it...:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts