I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would definitely keep it. WL is one of my top three favorite lobbies during Christmas time!! I've never actually stayed there during the holiday season, but I always try to stop in before the HDDR just to take everything in.
Was able to stay at the WDW in 2016 for the first week of December. Our room faced the lobby and I worried about the noise, as it's a bustling place. However, the heavy door made the room quite quiet. Every morning, I'd grab a cup of coffee and sit on the rocking chair on the balcony, just to enjoy the lobby and atmosphere. We dream of going back there. :love:

Never transfer points, I always book everyone on my acct or on P2's this year. The kids still see the ticket in their account and when cancelled the points come back to me.

Always keep the confirmation number so you can manage the booking (rebooking when lower) as you won't see the flight in your acct.

Since I'm always booking southwest flights for some family member, I usually select myself to have the flight information email sent to.
And, you know what gave me FOMO this morning? Younger daughter half implied - I won't even use the word committed, that she would like to come in November.

Since I'll be gone almost 2 weeks I know she won't do more than 3 or 4 nights, if that. So she would drive one way with me and fly the other way. No idea whether or what to book - I have SW points enough for whatever between here and MCO, and could have done it today. :(

Any thoughts on Vancouver BC? Might have the opportunity to go the last week of Sept/Oct. What would you do with 3 days? How is the weather then?

Plenty to do for 3 days. Weather is.a crap shoot. Could be 60s and sunny or 50s ans wet. We don't often get indian summers in the pnw but you never know.

Does that link let you actually book early or just see the flights early? I'll be booking in the next release for Massachusetts April Vacation week, so I'm expecting them to go as fast as the February vacation week seemed to go.
Anything to give me a head start would be awesome!
We're going that week as well, but going Monday of vacation week through Wednesday of the following week. Hoping that it isn't too crazy! Also, I made the mistake of looking at the SW flights from BOS - MCO for early February. They are $89 for nonstop flights! I need to keep telling myself it would be crazy to take the kids out right before Feb. vacation.

I feel like I've seen people here discuss trips to Clearwater Beach, but don't see any hotel reviews on that thread. Anyone stayed at any Marriotts in Clearwater Beach? There are several there for 35k in January, plus the Fenway Hotel in Dunedin which looks kind of cool and is part of the Autograph collection for Marriott.

I'm old school and prefer to do everything on the computer. There's no way I'm going to start messing with flights on the app (especially when changing/cancelling), lol. Just not my style - I like to see it all big in front of me and read the screen 7 times with a healthy paranoia that I'm doing something wrong before I click YES... :D
Me too with the paranoia.

But I find it so much easier on the app.
I really do as well! Love my iPhone, but it just is not the same as using my laptop where I have all my notes and spreadsheets where I can log and review things. Just doesn't feel right! I booked flights through the UR portal via the Chase app on my phone not too long ago. That was a "fun" experience :scared:
Same! Read, reread, check everything again, reread, deep breath ...

Last night booking BLT and then AKV took so long because I was checking and double-checking everything :laughing:

I'm old school and prefer to do everything on the computer. There's no way I'm going to start messing with flights on the app (especially when changing/cancelling), lol. Just not my style - I like to see it all big in front of me and read the screen 7 times with a healthy paranoia that I'm doing something wrong before I click YES... :D
Give me the big screen lol
So much easier to copy and paste from my spreadsheet.

For my checkin today I had 4 browsers on my windows machine with the big external monitor and 2 on my Mac, all lined up so it was click-click-click-click, switch mouse click-click, then back the other direction. All complete before the check in option appeared on my phone.

I really do as well! Love my iPhone, but it just is not the same as using my laptop where I have all my notes and spreadsheets where I can log and review things. Just doesn't feel right! I booked flights through the UR portal via the Chase app on my phone not too long ago. That was a "fun" experience :scared:
Remember when I booked my flight on the wrong day last week? Yeah, that was through the Chase app... :scared:

Curious what are your top 3?
Grand Floridian is my overall favorite. It's tree and gingerbread house cannot be beat!

Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club tie for my 2nd favorite. WL has a great tree and overall environment. I like how warm it feels and the bears and reindeer are nice. Beach Club's tree is ok, but the moving gingerbread carousel is great!

Last edited:
But, in other possibly FOMO happenings, I was able to book a couple of random or not so random nights in November in addition to what I already had booked.
First, I was checking out of BWV on Nov 12. Now, I'm checking into Grand Floridian that day and waitlisted for a second night. I have points, and these will eventually expire so might as well enjoy them! Plus I've got nowhere pressing to be in November that I know of. I may just keep adding nights as I see them.

Then, I had left a gap (bad idea) of Nov 9, a Saturday night, in my bookings. So, I've been stalking and that's one hard night to get! Well, found a 1 bedroom at Boulder Ridge so I booked it - 34 points -ouch! I may not keep it but I have time to decide. I will do beach either coming or going, but will wait on that until younger daughter gives me some info.
She has a no expiry hopper ticket with 8 nights and it's good to go - I double checked it by booking and canceling some fast passes last week.

The other hard to get night is Feb 16 in a standard view at BWV. I have it in a garden view, but my other nights are standards, so although I can change rooms easily, I'd rather get the night for this one. I start at BWV on Feb 13, and I'm there until the 21st. I may add some days here also.
I originally was going to go to Clearwater on the 9th.

Remember when I booked my flight on the wrong day last week? Yeah, that was through the Chase app... :scared:
That app is so frustrating! No wonder why that happened! I tried picking seats on one of my flights and it completely messed up the flights I picked. IDK why. Had to start all over lol

I feel like I've seen people here discuss trips to Clearwater Beach, but don't see any hotel reviews on that thread. Anyone stayed at any Marriotts in Clearwater Beach? There are several there for 35k in January, plus the Fenway Hotel in Dunedin which looks kind of cool and is part of the Autograph collection for Marriott.

I've only stayed at Sand Key which is an older resort sort of off by itself, but on the beach. I think there's more night life up the road a piece, but I like Sand Key for my life style.
If you pick the Fenway I'll be interested in your review as I've also been eyeing that one. I'm a fan of driving out to Honeymoon Island State Park which is near Dunedin. I like to hike the trail and look at all the fish hawks there (and eagles and owls and assorted other birds). Actually I'm glad you reminded me. I need to look at it again.

And then I saw January - it will be a quiet area in January other than snowbirds, I think. But should be relaxing.

I have nothing to MS right now. I finished my Hyatt 15k Free night. I do 6,000 a month on Ebates/GCM. Waiting for more staples promos to do the CIC. There hasn't been a VGC deal at grocery stores in awhile so I bet one is coming soon. Im holding off on finishing SO's gold until then. Should I just order 1500 a day on GCM with the BBP (this makes me nervous with Amex's new terms), Freedom Unlimited, Southwest?

I've only stayed at Sand Key which is an older resort sort of off by itself, but on the beach. I think there's more night life up the road a piece, but I like Sand Key for my life style.
If you pick the Fenway I'll be interested in your review as I've also been eyeing that one. I'm a fan of driving out to Honeymoon Island State Park which is near Dunedin. I like to hike the trail and look at all the fish hawks there (and eagles and owls and assorted other birds). Actually I'm glad you reminded me. I need to look at it again.

And then I saw January - it will be a quiet area in January other than snowbirds, I think. But should be relaxing.

Thanks! We definitely want relaxing. I'm thinking DH might like the style of Fenway.

Our flight just got cancelled for tonight 😳 Calling SW now.

Oh no!! Didn't you have a late flight too? I'm guessing there isn't anything later than yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!