I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you both! I was trying to see if I could be sly and somehow circumvent the transfer fee 😂

I sadly have no use for RRs anymore and was trying to pool them to my sister who does. I will probably just cash out to a Disney GC because that seems easier to swallow than paying $0.01 per point to transfer them.

I think we're in the same boat with EWR as our home airport with SW points now being worthless (am I remembering that correctly?). Do you need to have one of the SW credit cards to cash out to gift cards? I thought I had read that somewhere. If not, I'll definitely be thinking about doing that too. Otherwise, my brother lives in Las Vegas so I can let him use them.

I have a question for the SW experts.

I don't like that you have to pay to transfer points. What would happen if I booked a flight for someone else on my points and then cancelled it. Do those points go to that person because the travel funds stick with them OR do they return to my RR account?
Never transfer points, I always book everyone on my acct or on P2's this year. The kids still see the ticket in their account and when cancelled the points come back to me.

Always keep the confirmation number so you can manage the booking (rebooking when lower) as you won't see the flight in your acct.

Never transfer points, I always book everyone on my acct or on P2's this year. The kids still see the ticket in their account and when cancelled the points come back to me.

Always keep the confirmation number so you can manage the booking (rebooking when lower) as you won't see the flight in your acct.
This last part is definitely key. When you start booking flights for other people it's important to keep those emails AND I also track their flight info in a spreadsheet so I can pull it up easily.

This last part is definitely key. When you start booking flights for other people it's important to keep those emails AND I also track their flight info in a spreadsheet so I can pull it up easily.
The SW app lets the person whose flight it is cancel/change directly from his/her account. At one point in the process it does say to log into the original booker's account. But it is the easiest way if you know usernames/passwords. When I have to change DS's flights booked with my points, I do it from the app logged in as him; then change it to my account when prompted.

If you do it online, you need to be in the booker's account and have confirmation numbers.

ETA: if you are cancelling and using the app I don't think you need to log into the booker's account. This might only be when changing a flight (even if "changing" to the same flight to get points back.)

@SouthFayetteFan - I had to create a new reddit account. In order to have the mess sorted out, I needed to log into my account, which I couldn't do because they suspended it. I have no idea....

Anyway my new reddit name is distrenty. Can you add me please?
Done - you're back in the club! Now don't go spamming people and get banned again :lmao: 😂

The one silver lining out of the whole article is they will supposedly honor some points advance bookings made prior to Sep 14 at the standard rates.
Booo. Perhaps I should make some speculative Europe bookings...
The food is meh, but SO loves looking at the art. We saw a great painting of Tomorrowland last year for like $2500. We didn’t know they had prints of it until we were home and saw it in the background of someone’s Vlog. We went in March trying to find it and couldn’t find it anywhere. We went back in May and found only one at the Art store at Epcot. It’s now framed in our living room. We want to go again and take our time looking at the art so we aren’t running all over trying to find something again.
I'd love to see your Tommorrowland painting! :D

This is my favorite we've gotten so far, from the first Arts Festival:

I would like to mat it or something though, and cover the type at the bottom... :rolleyes:
My tentative plan for this trip is to fly into MCO on 1/21, rent a car and drive to Clearwater. I still have a Marriott free night to use and there are a lot of nice hotels on the beach for 35k. We'd check out Clearwater and stay there overnight and go to BG Tampa the next day.
Hmm I may have to steal this part of the plan :)

The SW app lets the person whose flight it is cancel/change directly from his/her account. At one point in the process it does say to log into the original booker's account. But it is the easiest way if you know usernames/passwords. When I have to change DS's flights booked with my points, I do it from the app logged in as him; then change it to my account when prompted.

If you do it online, you need to be in the booker's account and have confirmation numbers.

ETA: if you are cancelling and using the app I don't think you need to log into the booker's account. This might only be when changing a flight (even if "changing" to the same flight to get points back.)
I'm old school and prefer to do everything on the computer. There's no way I'm going to start messing with flights on the app (especially when changing/cancelling), lol. Just not my style - I like to see it all big in front of me and read the screen 7 times with a healthy paranoia that I'm doing something wrong before I click YES... :D

You should try it out. The CSR should help you if there were any interruptions. I have never been delayed because of snow but I have because of thunderstorms in the summer lol. I love going to Disney in the cooler months. Walking around in a hoodie and jeans is the best.
I love the cooler weather too! I had a YC room at a great rate last year and just didn't jump on flights. Maybe I shouldn't completely dismiss it. When I see trip reports an vlogs from the 2020 Festival I will probably be sad HAHA

I was able to get my outbound flight with the secret link trick a little after 10 but not the return flight. Got that about 10:45. Columbus-Ft Meyer over a long Presidents Day weekend. That will be an awesome winter weather escape. I forgot to use my travel credit from a previous cancellation but remembered for my DD. Not the cheapest points flight ever, but I’ll keep checking, and it’s a holiday weekend so what I got will work! I expected a little higher than usual. Almost 21k RR for the round trip. :faint:

I think we're in the same boat with EWR as our home airport with SW points now being worthless (am I remembering that correctly?). Do you need to have one of the SW credit cards to cash out to gift cards? I thought I had read that somewhere. If not, I'll definitely be thinking about doing that too. Otherwise, my brother lives in Las Vegas so I can let him use them.
Yes, exactly! I do not have a SW CC, but I believe it would let me get a $25 Disney gift card with what I have. I didn't try redeeming for it, but I saw it as an option.

If you really want to give her your points wouldn't it be easier to just book flights for your sister with your points? No need to transfer them to her.

I sadly don't have that many points. Maybe around 9,000? I could probably book her a cheap flight, but the ones she is looking at for our next trip require a few more here or there. My mom also has something like 3,000 that she will never use. I don't want to waste URs, but I even considered transferring 1000/2000 to book her a one way ticket on a mixture of them.

I'm old school and prefer to do everything on the computer. There's no way I'm going to start messing with flights on the app (especially when changing/cancelling), lol. Just not my style - I like to see it all big in front of me and read the screen 7 times with a healthy paranoia that I'm doing something wrong before I click YES... :D
Me too with the paranoia.

But I find it so much easier on the app.

I really do as well! Love my iPhone, but it just is not the same as using my laptop where I have all my notes and spreadsheets where I can log and review things. Just doesn't feel right! I booked flights through the UR portal via the Chase app on my phone not too long ago. That was a "fun" experience :scared:

Just wondering about this offer. Anyone ever heard of BBVA Clearpoints credit card? It let's you choose your own categories. So can get 3x on dining travel or entertainment. And 2x on gas utilities or groceries. And says if I spend $1500 in 90 days will get $100 bonus. And no annual fee. Just curious as I have never heard of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!