I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm - Southwest dilemma...

We're on a 737-700 at 8:40pm. I would guess my wife would prefer to fly on the 7:15pm flight and get in a little earlier BUT it's on a 737-800. I've been avoiding 800's since they can be more likely to get moved around. I also would prefer the extra time at WDW, lol.

WWYD??

I'd wait it out and let the chips fall if you are at your preferred time.

I feel the same way! I honestly don't go crazy over any of the festival food. I like all the other things the festivals bring! I would love to participate in the big mural, view the art, do the workshops, etc. My main concern is the winter. I don't want bad weather to affect me getting there OR being sick. Obviously this can happen anytime/anywhere, but I feel its more likely to happen in Jan/Feb so I always end up deciding not to book 😞

You should try it out. The CSR should help you if there were any interruptions. I have never been delayed because of snow but I have because of thunderstorms in the summer lol. I love going to Disney in the cooler months. Walking around in a hoodie and jeans is the best.

The food is meh, but SO loves looking at the art. We saw a great painting of Tomorrowland last year for like $2500. We didn’t know they had prints of it until we were home and saw it in the background of someone’s Vlog. We went in March trying to find it and couldn’t find it anywhere. We went back in May and found only one at the Art store at Epcot. It’s now framed in our living room. We want to go again and take our time looking at the art so we aren’t running all over trying to find something again.
We loved Festival of the Arts! So glad they expanded to more activities during the week. We must have had good luck with the food we picked as we liked what we ate. Looking forward to being there for it again next year assuming the dates are similar. Hoping it is an adult only trip for us so we can really take our time too.

We loved Festival of the Arts! So glad they expanded to more activities during the week. We must have had good luck with the food we picked as we liked what we ate. Looking forward to being there for it again next year assuming the dates are similar. Hoping it is an adult only trip for us so we can really take our time too.

I like the food at food and wine better but it is always so busy. I’m also a picky eater and I don’t really like sweet or desserty things lol festival of the arts had a lot of that. My favorite festival food is getting the steak and beer cheese soup from Canada every year lol. People complain it’s the same thing every year, but I love it lol

Thank you both! I was trying to see if I could be sly and somehow circumvent the transfer fee 😂

I sadly have no use for RRs anymore and was trying to pool them to my sister who does. I will probably just cash out to a Disney GC because that seems easier to swallow than paying $0.01 per point to transfer them.
If you really want to give her your points wouldn't it be easier to just book flights for your sister with your points? No need to transfer them to her.

Wow - that was fast...... the return flight I booked from FLL in Feb is already showing Sold Out for WGA fares. :eek:

Thanks @SouthFayetteFan for those guidelines earlier to get a jump on the masses.
Does that link let you actually book early or just see the flights early? I'll be booking in the next release for Massachusetts April Vacation week, so I'm expecting them to go as fast as the February vacation week seemed to go.
Anything to give me a head start would be awesome!

Does that link let you actually book early or just see the flights early? I'll be booking in the next release for Massachusetts April Vacation week, so I'm expecting them to go as fast as the February vacation week seemed to go.
Anything to give me a head start would be awesome!
When I first saw the link @SouthFayetteFan gave us, I thought it was to only SEE the flights. I realized you could book when people started posting here that they got flights before SW actually showed availability on their site.

But, YES - this link allows flights to be booked before the release goes live. Awesome!

ETA: This is my favorite place on all of the WWW!

I feel the same way! I honestly don't go crazy over any of the festival food. I like all the other things the festivals bring! I would love to participate in the big mural, view the art, do the workshops, etc. My main concern is the winter. I don't want bad weather to affect me getting there OR being sick. Obviously this can happen anytime/anywhere, but I feel its more likely to happen in Jan/Feb so I always end up deciding not to book 😞

January and February along with late October/early November are my preferred times. I drive from Maryland and I've been a few times where back home there was a blizzard while I was gone. This created snow days where I got some of my vacation time redeposited. :)

It's never actually caused me any problems, but since not flying I was not subject to canceled flights. I do have a larger vehicle and always carry supplies such as blanket and pillow, and always have a cooler plus case of water. These items, plus beach chairs and an umbrella are in there all the time, although I do switch out for newer items from time to time.

Any thoughts on Vancouver BC? Might have the opportunity to go the last week of Sept/Oct. What would you do with 3 days? How is the weather then?

I had that side view and some people just aren't smart enough to close their shades. At the time I was grateful just to get the room because I extended my stay and had to take what I could get.
We had the same. Lady comes out and completely drops her towel and starts getting dressed. Right in front of open curtains. At night. With lights all on. :oops: Thankfully it was just dh and I on the balcony.

Thank you! I was told 7 days ago that Disney will send me an email in 7-14 business days and then it can take another 14 days from then to have all my points. Im excited to play around with it though and see what's available. Im pretty flexible. I would love to book a trip for festival of the arts.

So exciting! The festival of the arts is our favorite one. Hope it all works out.

Hmmmmm - Southwest dilemma...

We're on a 737-700 at 8:40pm. I would guess my wife would prefer to fly on the 7:15pm flight and get in a little earlier BUT it's on a 737-800. I've been avoiding 800's since they can be more likely to get moved around. I also would prefer the extra time at WDW, lol.

WWYD??
I have seen 737-700 swapped out as well as the 737-800...so I would book the time you prefer and keep an eye on the flights

You should try it out. The CSR should help you if there were any interruptions. I have never been delayed because of snow but I have because of thunderstorms in the summer lol. I love going to Disney in the cooler months. Walking around in a hoodie and jeans is the best.
Walking around in a hoodie and jeans - and watching the first timers spend $60 for said hoodie that I got at the outlet for $15 while they freeze their butts off in shorts!

I probably liked it better when it was at Downtown Disney, although I do like that the expanded version makes Epcot fuller - it's one thing to not be crowded - it's another thing to be so empty that you are the only one walking along at 9pm close. I remember being there for Tapestry of Nations with a friend and her kid along with my kid. That part was actually pretty cool - lots of interaction. And then we are literally all alone walking out.

My Citi statement closed this morning...AAdvantage Miles Earned this period: 80,002

Hello 309,359 AA miles - my new balance!

I'll close this card in a few weeks and can try for another in October. My wife can try or another in September so I guess we'll see what happens with this Biz GrAAvy train between now and then...

What number Citi Biz was this for you?

Walking around in a hoodie and jeans - and watching the first timers spend $60 for said hoodie that I got at the outlet for $15 while they freeze their butts off in shorts!

I buy hoodies at $60 all the time, but I can’t do it for a spirit Jersey lol SO and I got the matching Mickey Mouse ones in March to wear at our menu tasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!