I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP!
I am trying to check in DD for her Frontier flight. I can't figure out what in the world I'm doing. Anyone fly frontier and know what to do? I put in her last name and conf # but don't know what to do once it pulls up the flight.

So applied today and got a SM with the following

“Thank you for your recent application. Before we can proceed, please advise as to the intended nature of your deposit relationship with Great Southern Bank, specifically the reason for establishing a new account when a prior account was opened on July 18, 2019, and balance subsequently transferred out/account brought to a negligible balance shortly thereafter.”

:oops: Now what? Try to fake my way through?
Yikes, sorry don't know what to say. I hadn't emptied my other account yet, maybe that's why?

I am a few pages behind, but another vote for Nassau that I never need to see again.

HELP!
I am trying to check in DD for her Frontier flight. I can't figure out what in the world I'm doing. Anyone fly frontier and know what to do? I put in her last name and conf # but don't know what to do once it pulls up the flight.
Dh usually checks us in for our flights but I found this picture that might be helpful. It looks like it’s from someone using the app:

Los Angeles. Once was enough. Hollywood was a dump.
Yesssss. I have absolutely zero interest in seeing the typical LA things like Hollywood etc and I've gotten so much crap for that. I saw the sign from Griffin Observatory, we enjoyed the observatory and the tar pits. Santa Monica was fine for a few hours, but all of the beaches... Venice, etc nah I'm good, don't care.
I get it lol. We did a celebrity home tour which was kind of cool, but otherwise we were pretty grossed out by Hollywood. It was kind of sad, honestly. We saw the tar pits, which was interesting, but not anything I felt compelled to spend more than an hour or so at. I think I'm a little too east coast to enjoy the west coast haha.

A couple summers ago we spent one night in Hollywood to go see Alton Brown at the Pantages (is that right) and before the show we walked up and down to find the Backstreet Boys Hollywood Star.

May I just say, BLECH. I don't need to see Hollywood again.

Then just a few months ago we went to LA because I wanted to see the BSB Exhibit at the Grammy Museum. (add on to a San Diego trip). We stayed in Chinatown-ish and walked around a bit. It was dirty, and depressing with all the closed buildings.

No desire to ever go back to "DTLA" area again.

There are a lot of places I haven't been that I already have no desire to visit... China being pretty close to the top of that list.

We flew right by Disneyland today.

CjgVEGx.jpg

Niagara Falls is another one. Canadian side is very touristy and US is so so depressing.

I liked Niagara Falls, but just because of the falls. We spent like 8 hours there.

Mine are Portland, OR (just seedy, holy homeless population, I think I walked past the local methadone clinic on my way to voodoo donuts). And I used to hand out in the east village of manhattan in the late 90s as a high school student.

New Orleans- been there, ate some food, got a hangover, thanks I’m done.

And unpopular opinion- Venice. Loved Florence, would go back to Rome and Tuscany in second, but Venice to me was just blah.

I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to do here. Name one place you've travelled to that you wouldn't return. For me it would be the Bahamas. Been there, done that. Not impressed. There are much better islands in the Carribean to visit such as Turks and Caicos, Aruba and Grand Cayman.

The blog responders said :Thailand, Dubai, Qatar, Bahamas and Ireland.

For me, Singapore. We went on a family trip there to visit family friends when I was a teenager and stayed for ten nights, I think. It was great the first four days or so but ten nights was way too long for what is basically just a city on an island. Then we went to Tokyo to meet up with my family stationed in Iwakuni and spent a grand total of one day there, which is NOT enough time! Crazy Rich Asians did tempt me to go back but I am resisting.

Thinking about our recent japan trip, we probably wouldn’t go back to Kyoto again. We absolutely loved Tokyo and Osaka was cool but Kyoto was very crowded with lots of rude tourists. Another would be Jamaica. I went with my family for my brother’s senior trip with a large group of people and I don’t think I’ll ever be back. It was dirty and the people were super sketchy.

I don’t know about the Sheraton ones but I recently got an offer for Hawaii with Hilton and took it. The expiration was well before I’d be able to use it even with an extension offer. I was told that I could extend the expiration by 3 months longer for a $50 fee. That seemed reasonable enough.

What offer did you get from Hilton? I’m really hoping to get one of these as I’d rather pay a couple hundred than spend gobs of points out there.

I'm curious about this because I actually switched to a high deductible plan last year (the first year my employer offered it). I am 50 but (also knock on wood) pretty healthy with no regular prescriptions. My understanding of my high deductible plan is that the deductible is $4000 and the max OOP per year is $10,000. I'm saving more than $4000 with this plan compared to the previous PPO plan so I figure if I get either a little sick (less than $4000 sick) or a very lot sick (over $10,000 sick), the high deductible plan is better. Did your FIL's plan not have a max OOP?

I’m not sure about his max OOP, but I know it was a crappy plan. They didn’t want to cover very much and my MIL had to get on a payment plan with the hospital, who almost immediately filed a warrant in debt against them. He was in hospitals for 8 weeks and had to have a long distance ambulance transport at one point too. They tried to say a couple things were out of network and they wouldn’t cover. It didn’t end up being a catastrophic amount of bills or anything, but when the self-employed breadwinner suddenly becomes permanently disabled, those bills get a lot scarier. Needless to say, everyone in this household now has short term and long term disability plans.

Thinking about our recent japan trip, we probably wouldn’t go back to Kyoto again. We absolutely loved Tokyo and Osaka was cool but Kyoto was very crowded with lots of rude tourists. Another would be Jamaica. I went with my family for my brother’s senior trip with a large group of people and I don’t think I’ll ever be back. It was dirty and the people were super sketchy.

I agree on Jamaica. It's dirty and VERY dangerous for female travelers.

The Great Wall is cool, but very crowded. Crowds lighten up the farther and higher up you get. The Forbidden City was crowded too, but the tours groups are pretty organized. Our tour of the Forbidden City was just being led from one building or room to another, but all that really gave you a sense of the sheer scale of the place. I remember thinking that the Temple of Heaven was really beautiful and impressive. We visited the Summer Palace too, which was nice.

We will def be doing tour(s) for it. I'd thought about a one day up and back from shanghai but you still need a visa and now that we'll go in and out of Tokyo it's too many flights.

I did decide it makes most sense to go in/out of Tokyo just in case. My bff has low level security clearance but who knows what may change. This way if something kept us from china and/or hk we could either do more in japan or elsewhere in asia without having to change the big flights.

Thinking about using about 80,000 AA miles to stay five nights offsite at Disneyland. I can pretty much book any hotel on Harbor except my beloved Fairfield Inn. I still haven’t made up my mind on what I’m doing. My heart wants DLH or the Grand but I can’t afford that right now lol I could pay $800 for the Fairfield which isn’t bad but free is better. lol I could use some of that money to book a $40pp lunch that I will eat half of at the plaza for reserved spot for the parade lol

Oh I have my Hyatt points. I feel like AA is more valuable to me than Hyatt. Hmmm

I just received the AMEX pop-up when trying to sign P2 up for the Hilton Aspire. I was very surprised by this since P2 currently has 0 AMEX cards. Her last AMEX was closed in 2016 and she had 2 others that were closed in 2014.

I always thought the pop-up was for people that AMEX considered abusing their cards. How can she be abusing their system if she has not even held an AMEX card in the past 3 years?

Has there been any success avoiding the pop up on a 2nd attempt, and if so is there any trick in doing so? Thank you. This is very frustrating as I had been planning a trip assuming I would have no problem getting this card.
We actually discussed this a bit on Reddit today. And we still have no Ultimate Conclusion- only the same old guesses so I won’t bother to link. I’ve seen DPs like yours before fwiw. Alas people do not seem to be able to get around the Hilton pop up once it happens. Good news is just because P2 got a Hilton pop up (Hiltons, btw, have been throwing out pop ups like Disney gives out Birthday Buttons) doesn’t mean she’ll get pop ups on other Amex cards.

I've been putting off buying my prescription meds from my online pharmacy service because it was depressingly expensive - what cost me $48 last year for a 90 day supply became $2,560 for the same stuff. 😕 I don't know if it was because our insurance company changed at the start of 2019, or if it was because we decided to go with a HSA plan, or what. But I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with the pharmacy company to clarify the costs. I decided to check out the price at Walgreens since that is the retail pharmacy partner to this online pharmacy before ordering online. It ended up costing me $95 for a 90 day supply through Walgreens! What the everlasting *%$!? That just boggles my mind. That's a savings of close to $5,000 just on these meds for the remainder of the year. Maybe we won't meet our high deductible this year after all.

To make this churning related, I put the $95 on DH's new Hilton Biz MSR. 😀

Jeeze, I hope the medicine wasn't for depression!

Saw this on the news last year. Because of the negotiated deals between drug & insurance companies, and some law, pharmacies are not allowed to tell you when it would be cheaper just to pay cash than your deductible, unless YOU specifically ask. I thought they were doing away with that law?

I saw this on another blog and thought it would be fun to do here. Name one place you've travelled to that you wouldn't return. For me it would be the Bahamas. Been there, done that. Not impressed. There are much better islands in the Carribean to visit such as Turks and Caicos, Aruba and Grand Cayman.

The blog responders said :Thailand, Dubai, Qatar, Bahamas and Ireland.
Seychelles. I had some AMAZING photos I shared here but ultimately I felt it was overrated and stupidly expensive to tourists (the gouging was horrendous). But this is probably because as an American I have Hawaii, wherein lies Kauai. Beauty, wonderful smells from the flowers and still some of the laid back island feel I remember from the Maui of my childhood. (Although last time I was there was a couple years ago and they were Seychelles Level gouging tourists at the farmers market :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!