I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what voir dire is, I watch Bull :) Just didn't know that's how you spelled it and would never have gotten it right.

I leave two weeks from tomorrow on a red eye. The average trial is 2 weeks so I figured I'd be ok not deferring it until after.

As far as I know they don't separate because nothing has said they have. The county does have two courthouses, the one in dt Seattle and then the one in my city close enough to me I don't get mileage reimbursement. I know there's an attached facility but I think it's just holding for the courts. There's one between us and Seattle that just holds for various places since some cities around here don't have their own facilities.

My biggest issues is trying to figure the food out. It doesn't say I can't bring any and I need my snacks even if my lunch stays in the car but I'd rather just have it all with me. At least I have a book about the suffragists and the 20th amendment I need to finish before it's due the 28th.

Two weeks?! Are you sure that’s not just the amount of time you have to call in? I’ve only ever had one trial go a full two weeks and that was a murder where we never found the dead body.

Not that I would ever encourage anyone to get out of jury duty, but there are ways to make your presence known so that you might excused. In a gun case, you might be adamantly in favor of everyone having guns all the time no matter what... or in a drug case you may be in favor of all drugs being legalized... just in case you really feel the need to get out

DP-I just applied for my second CIP, referred from DH's accounts. Instant approval with a $9,000 credit limit. I used a different business for this card--children's clothing. I sell my kids' outgrown clothes on Facebook. I put $1,000 as my annual income from the business.

My first CIP was approved instantly as well in February. Since then I've referred DH and he's met and earned his SUB as well. :) Hopefully, this continues to work with no issues. *Fingers crossed*

Adding---my credit monitoring services notified me that I had a hard inquiry on Experian and Transunion. My credit score has taken a bit of a hit since we started this game. Is that normal? I went from 815-820 to 760-780. Everything is paid in full monthly.

Last edited:
Two weeks?! Are you sure that’s not just the amount of time you have to call in? I’ve only ever had one trial go a full two weeks and that was a murder where we never found the dead body.

Not that I would ever encourage anyone to get out of jury duty, but there are ways to make your presence known so that you might excused. In a gun case, you might be adamantly in favor of everyone having guns all the time no matter what... or in a drug case you may be in favor of all drugs being legalized... just in case you really feel the need to get out

Not for calling in. Only had to do that today or check the website since my day is tomorrow.

From here on the faq page -
How long am I obligated to serve?
Jury duty is a one-day minimum obligation. If you are not selected to a trial or otherwise assigned to a courtroom by the close of business on the day you begin your jury service you will be discharged.

The average trial lasts about two weeks. You will have an opportunity to express any undue hardship directly to the trial court judge on the first or second day of service.

Not for calling in. Only had to do that today or check the website since my day is tomorrow.

From here on the faq page -
How long am I obligated to serve?
Jury duty is a one-day minimum obligation. If you are not selected to a trial or otherwise assigned to a courtroom by the close of business on the day you begin your jury service you will be discharged.

The average trial lasts about two weeks. You will have an opportunity to express any undue hardship directly to the trial court judge on the first or second day of service.

Wow. I work in a pretty big jurisdiction and my state is known for trying federal cases too, but two weeks is uncommon across the board. At least you’re discharged if you don’t get called the first day. Where we are you can come in and sit through voir dire and not get picked and still have to show up again the next day if there’s another jury and go through it all over again.

I would just never be able to sleep again if I did your job :scared1: Years ago, when I was fresh out of college, I worked as a counselor with kids on a psych ward. One of the patients I worked with was a young bipolar girl whose dad was an FBI agent. He tried to recruit me. Thought I'd be good at forensic psychology. I was like, "i'm flattered but NOPE." I saw Silence of the Lambs and that movie scarred me for life. No way could I work around anything like that!

Great Southern Bank peeps. I’m stymied. Can’t figure out how to link a bank account to my GSB checking account. Spent 20 minutes looking. I can’t even find a spot that lists the full account number and routing number so I could pull from another bank.
You can’t. They are a big pain. You can only bill pay yourself.

I would just never be able to sleep again if I did your job :scared1: Years ago, when I was fresh out of college, I worked as a counselor with kids on a psych ward. One of the patients I worked with was a young bipolar girl whose dad was an FBI agent. He tried to recruit me. Thought I'd be good at forensic psychology. I was like, "i'm flattered but NOPE." I saw Silence of the Lambs and that movie scarred me for life. No way could I work around anything like that!

Lol! It’s the type of work you have to let roll off your back. I probably should’ve censored myself a little bit better in that post, it came off kind of blunt. It was a very moving case. My coworker had grown men crying in the audience during her closing argument, I was really proud of her haha

Have never seen pretzel bites at a sporting event or movie theater. Big giant pretzels at sporting events, yes. Wash them down with nachos.

Tried when I put up my support links the other day. No go.
All of our local theaters of all different chains all have pretzel bites. We only ever get popcorn but they have given out samples and they were really tasty.

They had the details on a sheet, but I didn’t take a photo. :( The next slot was 3:30 to...5:30 maybe. Probably they’re trying to avoid meal times. Sorry I don’t have more details. I didn’t quite register what she was trying to tell me at first.

Thanks so much! It's not a big deal really, but I thought I'd ask in case you remembered. I'm guessing she will be getting there around 5:30 so it looks like that might not work for her.

Wish our staples would allow more than 1 per person. I didn’t make it today so hoping tomorrow to make it. Staples needs to be closer 35 min one way without traffic. Just hoping I get someone new or young at the cash register so I can try to do a couple thousand. I’d at least like to knock out the Mortage with this offer.
Thats a bummer. I have two Staples near me, one allows 2K, the other allows only one 200 GC. Luckily the one that allows 2k is only 5 min from my work. I'm going to be really sad if they ever stop allowing it!

Wow. I work in a pretty big jurisdiction and my state is known for trying federal cases too, but two weeks is uncommon across the board. At least you’re discharged if you don’t get called the first day. Where we are you can come in and sit through voir dire and not get picked and still have to show up again the next day if there’s another jury and go through it all over again.

Interesting the differences. We have a federal court here too but it's run separately. There's almost 2.2 million people in my county which consists of Seattle and smaller cities out to the country where farms and 4-H are the standard. So it covers a lot of people and there's a lot of messed up people around here. Also doesn't account for non residents that do stuff in the county and therefore have to come here for court.

Hi everyone!! :wave2: I’ve been on vacation for a week and a half and am hopelessly behind on posts. I’m trying to catch up by skipping 5 pages ahead but still not quite caught up.

We just got back from an 11 day and 2,000 mile road trip from San Francisco to Yosemite to Death Valley to Las Vegas to Big Sur then back up to San Francisco. We had a great time but I’m exhausted! I’ll write some reviews of the noteworthy hotels and just have to give a shout out to the Cirque Ka show at MGM. It was amazing! Seriously if you’re in Vegas anytime soon check it out. Even my very hard to impress 8 yo had her mouth wide open most of the time. It was just that good.

I also realized I hit the 3 month mark from my last Chase app (MDD in April) so I just pulled the trigger on CIP #2. Status line says 2 weeks so hopefully that will be good news.

Finished MSR on my Amex Delta Gold and about halfway to the $4K MSR on P2’s BPP. Next month I should be able to try jumping on the GrAAVy train but need to read up more on recent DPs without a mailer.

P2’s Barclay Aviator still hasn’t been verified and I asked DH to just call and cancel. We’ll see if that’s even possible. What a mess that’s been. I still can’t believe he never received a single notification via email or postal mail. Their customer service is a complete joke.

Question: can you open a consumer financial protection bureau complaint for a business card? If so is that even an advisable thing to do for a “business”?

I hope everyone is well and getting lots of approvals and positive data points. I was sad to miss out on all the prime day deals but I’m sure it saved me from a lot of useless purchases and number crunching.

Have never seen pretzel bites at a sporting event or movie theater. Big giant pretzels at sporting events, yes. Wash them down with nachos.

Tried when I put up my support links the other day. No go.
You don't have pretzel bites at your movie theater?! I'm so sorry

Lol! It’s the type of work you have to let roll off your back. I probably should’ve censored myself a little bit better in that post, it came off kind of blunt. It was a very moving case. My coworker had grown men crying in the audience during her closing argument, I was really proud of her haha
When I worked at the psych ward and worked with very sick and disturbed kids, it took a toll of me. But it didn't scare me - other than having kids one day and worrying they'd be mentally ill - but that is a different kind of fear than what you work with. I'm terrified of crime stuff though. I don't watch any kind of crime shows. That kind of thing just haunts me and never gets out of my head!

DENIED.

no MCGCs left at my Staples. Must be churners in the area lol

I'm lol-ing to hide my broken heart 😭
I'm going to guess your local stores were ok with buying $2k per day.

Managed to snag $800. Could have done more, but didn't want it to look sketchy. But, I'm sure I still appeared sketchy to the older cashier doing 4 separate transactions and putting $40 on the Amex cards with the remaining on the CIC...:rolleyes:

I did get in line twice, though, since I wanted to see if they would allow more than one despite the ad with the limit one per customer in the fine print posted. This location has been good to me, and I've only had the 'limit one' enforced only once. Many times I've been able to get well more than a couple.

Laurel. I travel by there to get to her house. There's also a couple in the Bethesda area and my son is over there. At least when I hear something now I can consider if I want to try it.

There's a Kroger in Laurel now???

When I worked at the psych ward and worked with very sick and disturbed kids, it took a toll of me. But it didn't scare me - other than having kids one day and worrying they'd be mentally ill - but that is a different kind of fear than what you work with. I'm terrified of crime stuff though. I don't watch any kind of crime shows. That kind of thing just haunts me and never gets out of my head!

My DH is obsessed with crime shows and podcasts. He listens to some podcast called Crime Junkie that I HATE but he finds fascinating. I tell him all the time that I literally do this for a living and he could just listen when I tell him stories about work lol. I told him recently there was a podcast about an old case from my jurisdiction and now he wants to listen to that... or, you could just have someone who works there explain it to you... :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!