I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been watching the Hilton Biz Free Weekend Night tracker closely because I'm almost at $15k spend to earn the free night. The tracker has been auto-updating pretty regularly every time purchases post to the card, but now suddenly the last couple hundred dollars in transactions from late last week haven't pushed the tracker up. 🤔

I think I'd like to PC my CIU (converted from a CIP back in April) to a CIC for this Serve stuff. Do I have to let it be a CIU for a year first, like I did when it was a CIP?

Also, what is the best personal card out right now? I wish I had done an arrival+ for DH. :sad1:

I had both staples offers on my BBP. Bought one $50 Disney gc for $51.99. The charge posted on 7/18 but neither offer has credited. Anyone had the offer(s) work for a gc?

DISchurners REMINDER: Refresh your SUPPORT Links
As a reminder - ANYBODY is welcome to share their support links in these threads. The instructions are at the top of each one.

For those that have previously posted, the easiest way to move them over is:
1) Go to your OLD comment in the OLD thread (you'll see the old threads listed near the bottom of the DISchurners feed)
2) Click EDIT
3) COPY the entire comment text in the edit box
4) PASTE the comment text as a NEW comment in the NEW thread (you'll find the new threads near the top of the feed)
5) CHECK all links to make sure they are active and working
You do NOT need to delete your old comment when done, you can just leave it in that thread.

This process will help you not have to re-do all your formatting.
Side note: It is best to access DISchurners in old reddit. (https://old.reddit.com/r/DISchurners/)

I will post reminders every few days for this until Sunday and will then remove the old threads with only the new threads remaining.

Question about the 30% Newegg offer:
The item has to be sold & shipped by Newegg or will the 30% off apply to items purchased on the site but sold by other sellers as well?

Less interestingly, there's an Amex Offer for CrateandBarrel.com (Online Only) - Spend $100+, get 2,000 Membership Rewards Points or $20 back at CrateandBarrel.com.

Not valid for e-gift card purchases, but I've had physical gift cards track. I've been able to sell C&B GCs on Raise for about net $82. @Albort may be able to get better rates.

just check the rate, u should be getting something higher as theres not a whole lot of cards available...

Just realized tonight that I scheduled a 7:30 AM PT appt for FP day this Tuesday!! That’s not going to work lol. I called and left a VM to move it.
Priorities! I had called my PT one morning saying I’d be late bc I needed to make my fp. She was so confused. When I got there another patient asked me did I get my passes. Apparently no one there had been to Disney in the last 20 years.

I hope I don't get shunned for this, but I didn't like the Lion King movie at all. Dh and I both looked at each other multiple times throughout because we were so bored. I actually almost fell asleep which doesn't normally happen for me at movies. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of the cartoon Lion King anyway so maybe that plays a part in it. I guess I just thought the movie was extremely slow paced and the whole voice over on the animals just didn't work for me. However, Timon and Pumba redeemed the movie somewhat because they were fantastic, but besides them I was not a fan of this one. Let the shunning begin... Also, why is it so hard for people to find their reserved seats? At our theater you have to pick your seats so no one should come in wandering around. There were many people confused and moving seats which makes no sense to me. Our theater had lots of kids, but they were all very well behaved. There was one little boy that was singing which was pretty funny and it didn't last long. I did see his mom get up with him multiple times to walk down the stairs and around at the bottom a bit. He looked like he was maybe 3 or so.

This is completely unrelated, but does anyone know where you can get cheap, lounge chairs? I'm talking the trifold ones that are super cheap. I've looked everywhere and can't find any under $40. My mom said she got hers at Dollar General but it was a couple years back. This is what I want:
View attachment 419058
Are these not a thing anymore?

Target had some. They are fabric though not the plasticy vinyl. But i got one for laying out and reading this summer as I can't tan my back in the Zero Gravity Chairs I love.

I don't know what to suggest as my flights for December were crazy compared to our past trips (and my preference). I bought when they went under $500 pp after months of watching and seeing prices at almost $600 pp.

I did make the mistake of booking just after Thanksgiving, but it is so late that it was hard to avoid. Just two years ago I wouldn't have purchased anything over $300 but not everything seems to b closer to $400 for most dates. I admit I am picky about flight times and avoiding layovers, so I am not making things better for myself.
Flight prices really are a struggle! I also need nonstop flights at prime times so I am stuck. It doesn't help that I am doing Sat to Sat in December. Something told me to wait last night. I was actually very lucky because it looks like JetBlue upgraded the plane overnight and it has more capacity, open seats, and dropped in price again! I saved that extra $40 per ticket and booked it through the Chase app during a work call 😂

You made the right call booking when yours dropped!

I am actually still watching my return flights in October and December. One is at $299 and the other is at $207. They have been holding for weeks so I will jump when they budge.

I HATE that they no longer stock over night. One of thr biggest complaints in our house. They'll fill entire aisles with stuff that needa to get stocked and then you can't buy anything from there. Fine if you have to stock during hours but keep it in the back til you need it so people can still shop. Maybe I should start taking pics and tweeting at them

:rotfl2:
Yes, it is so annoying! At first I thought it may have just been one location, but I’ve noticed it at many. Since you are also experiencing it, I think Target needs to review its logistic process when shifting the hours.

Spent $330.90 at Newegg - $200 visa egc, $100 visa egc, and $15 Uber egc
Got $99.27 credit from tech provider offer on Amex! Sweet deal!

Use both visa egcs to buy Disney gc from sams.

You are all so lucky to have received this offer. I check my AmEx offers almost every day, but still nothing. Booo AmEx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!